KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darthe Caedus, Darth Maul VS Yoda, Mace Windu

which team wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Darth Caedus and Darth Maul 1 16.67%
Yoda and Mace Windu 5 83.33%
Total: 6 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Darthe Caedus, Darth Maul VS Yoda, Mace Windu
Started by: Board Walker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Board Walker

Darthe Caedus, Darth Maul VS Yoda, Mace Windu

let's say all the combatants are ressurected by the force, their bodies are all restored to their physical prime, while also being able to keep their knowledge and power gained up until point of death.

This battle takes place in a alien ruins, so their is open areas, enclosed areas, and debris, a multi dynamic battleground.

Both teams will work effeciently with their partners. All are going for the anihilation of the opposite team by what ever means neccesary.

This battle includes all force powers, saber skills, and team work.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2010 03:28 PM
Click here to Send Board Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Board Walker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
axel_jovan
Looking around.

My first thought is Yoda and Mace stomp. Either one can take down Maul quickly via the force, while the other battles Caedus. Then it's Caedus vs Yoda and Mace, and so the Sith is finished.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2010 03:57 PM
Click here to Send axel_jovan a Private Message Find more posts by axel_jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

Is not darth maul highly resistant to force powers due to his species and training? I make no claim of maul being able to force crush his opponents, but rather raise the postulation that maul would be immune to force powers and mal adaptive influence by it, due to his training and species natural high force power adeptivenes.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2010 04:09 PM
Click here to Send Board Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Board Walker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
axel_jovan
Looking around.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Board Walker
Is not darth maul highly resistant to force powers due to his species and training?

Honestly, I never heard about it, but I don't discount it.

Either way I feel that in a saber fight Maul would fair well against Yoda/Mace, but as to the force, he would get crushed.

Last edited by axel_jovan on Jun 2nd, 2010 at 04:28 PM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2010 04:22 PM
Click here to Send axel_jovan a Private Message Find more posts by axel_jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

I too envision a saber fight between maul and yoda, or maul and windu as being spectacular. I imagine caedus and yoda dueling with force powers and sabers, while maul and windu are in a pure juyo/vaapad slugfest.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2010 04:51 PM
Jinsoku Takai
CIT Network Technician

Is not darth maul highly resistant to force powers due to his species and training? I make no claim of maul being able to force crush his opponents, but rather raise the postulation that maul would be immune to force powers and mal adaptive influence by it, due to his training and species natural high force power adeptivenes.

As far as I know, that species has a high pain threshold (and therefore they're able to withstand toture/interrogation better than most), but no resistance to the force per say. Do you have a source? Also, Mace Windu should have little problem disposing of Darth Maul.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2010 06:26 PM
Click here to Send Jinsoku Takai a Private Message Find more posts by Jinsoku Takai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Close to a spite.

Caedus and Maul are already in their physical primes...well, Caedus is somewhat there and Maul really is there.

Yoda is far away from his physical prime and still rocks. Mace is not in his physical prime and still rocks.

Yoda and Mace in their not-so-physical-prime bodies would still win pretty handily. In their physical prime bodies they stomp.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2010 07:18 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthDaniel1001
Sith Mandalore

Caedus needs a better partner.

With Great Power, comes great responsibility
-Ben Parker

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2010 08:40 PM
Click here to Send DarthDaniel1001 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthDaniel1001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarthDaniel1001
Caedus needs a better partner.

I don't think that any Force user on Caedus's side could give his team a win in this scenario.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2010 09:25 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

What if his partner was rots sidious? Could a mod be so kind as to change to sidious in his prime, so de I suppose.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2010 09:36 PM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

What if his partner was rots sidious? Could a mod be so kind as to change to sidious in his prime, so de I suppose.

Team 2 still would win; ROTS Yoda was likely further from his physical prime than ROTS Sidious was; Yoda was far older. And yet ROTS Yoda > ROTS Sidious in sabers. So Yoda being put in a body with his physical prime would amp him more than it would Sidious, and Yoda was already > Sidious in sabers.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2010 09:47 PM
Board Walker

This battle is more than sabers, force powers are an equal part of it. Sidious in a physically prime body (better then DE due to it being his original prime body restored) combined with his post death knowledge, powers seems superior to yoda to me.

Also keep in mind rots sidious was not in constant saber practice, in this scenario he would be in prime physically and mentally, so his saber skill would be at its height.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2010 10:24 PM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh, so in this scenario he also gets his prime saber skills restored as well as his Force prime and his physical prime?

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2010 10:28 PM
Board Walker

Yes, this was stated in the op, that all combatants are mentally the moment before their most recent death, so they have all knowledge, wisdom, force mastery, expertise they acquired over time. As well as being given their body tin its physical prime and being in their physical prime physicall, skill wise, so as to mentally match their physicality.

All that changed is that maul was swapped for prime sidious

Last edited by Board Walker on Jun 3rd, 2010 at 12:28 AM

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 12:25 AM
Darth Martin

Maul is too much of a weak link.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 12:53 AM
Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

I think I'm going to make a new thread with the appropriate title.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 01:00 AM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes, this was stated in the op, that all combatants are mentally the moment before their most recent death, so they have all knowledge, wisdom, force mastery, expertise they acquired over time. As well as being given their body tin its physical prime and being in their physical prime physicall, skill wise, so as to mentally match their physicality.

All that changed is that maul was swapped for prime sidious

No offense, but the OP didn't say physical prime in terms of saber skill as well.

But if that's the case, team 2 still wins. Yoda with his awesome saber and Force skills being put into a youthful body + Mace with his Vapaad + Shatterpoint combo defeat team 1 the very large majority of the time. Team 2 has older combatants, so they'd benefit more from being put into a youthful body.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 01:00 AM
Shoes

What do you think (s)he meant when (s)he said "all knowledge and power"?

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 01:39 AM
Click here to Send Shoes a Private Message Find more posts by Shoes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vorpal Ruin
Jedi Master

Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
I don't think that any Force user on Caedus's side could give his team a win in this scenario.

Luke.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 03:32 PM
Click here to Send Vorpal Ruin a Private Message Find more posts by Vorpal Ruin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Team 2.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 3rd, 2010 at 04:26 PM

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 04:16 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote