KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » (FotJ) Luke Versus DE Sidious Versus Darth Nihilus

Who would win in this showdown?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Dark Empire Palpatine Force Wormhole's Nihilus into a star, while killing a pre-occupied Luke. 1 12.50%
Luke watches Nihilus get sucked into a Wormhole, and attacks Palpy from behind, stabbing him. 2 25.00%
Darth Nihilus uncharacteristically dodges the Wormhole, and Giga-drains Palpy and Luke to death. (Unlikely) 5 62.50%
Total: 8 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

(FotJ) Luke Versus DE Sidious Versus Darth Nihilus
Started by: Battlemaster

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Battlemaster

(FotJ) Luke Versus DE Sidious Versus Darth Nihilus

Had a thought.

With the apparent revelation that destroying a full-powered Nihilus was possible, not through trying to out-power or out-absorb the Giga-drain (because the Giga-drain would win) but by curtailing it and if Palpatine couldn't or didn't have the destructive force neseccary to throw at Nihilus - he would simply bring Nihilus, to that destructive force, destroying the Lord of Hunger.

I thought of Luke, and what he could do to Nihilus.

Slash him with a lightsaber? A weakened Nihilus likely took many lightsaber blows while fighting Surik and her companions on the Ravager and there's no telling how many strikes he could tank while using his massive Force energies to defend himself.

Nihilus's Giga-drain is pretty much insta-kill, and the stun-effect is definitely instantanious so a hit would mean death, anyway - so I was wondering..

Is there anything Luke can do?

Will Electric Judgement even harm Nihilus? A black-hole of Force energy, bonded to armor - would Nihilus eat that up?

Luke could always Foldspace his lightsaber (as it is a extension of his body) into Nihilus's "head" - but would that even do anything?

Nihilus's TK is at least on par with Luke's - if not greater.

So what can Luke do?

Palpatine can Wormhole Nihilus into a Star - but if Nihilus is killing Luke in the middle of this, can Palpy win?

What happens?

This battle takes place on a cold tundra-field on the world of Hoth.

All three opponants stand 20 feet apart, in a circle - kind of like the ending of The Good, The bad and The Ugly. stick out tongue

Last edited by Battlemaster on May 26th, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Old Post May 26th, 2012 10:22 PM
Click here to Send Battlemaster a Private Message Find more posts by Battlemaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Battlemaster

In retrospect, this is actually a good match-up... happy

Old Post May 27th, 2012 12:17 AM
Click here to Send Battlemaster a Private Message Find more posts by Battlemaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Well, if Sids drops a wormhole twenty feet away from himself, he's toast.

Also, Nihilus soaks the cold, eats the other two.

Old Post May 27th, 2012 12:50 AM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Battlemaster

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Well, if Sids drops a wormhole twenty feet away from himself, he's toast.

Isn't Wormhole different from the Storm function, though?

Sidious couldn't control a Storm without killing himself - but when Sidious created a Wormhole to grab Luke and R2 - both Jedi and Droid were perfectly fine in the encounter.

It stands to reason that Palpatine can create Wormholes at close proximity without damage to himself.

Originally posted by Stealth Moose

Also, Nihilus soaks the cold, eats the other two.

Woaw, hardcore. I like your style. wink

Old Post May 27th, 2012 12:54 AM
dgeoro_scattere
Restricted

Account Restricted

Force Storms can distinguish between targets; Luke and R2D2 were, along with a veritable mountain of debris, sucked into the vortex but only Luke and the droid were funneled into the Lictor-class dungeon ship. It can destroy targets and safely transport others.

Now whether Sidious could maintain this control under duress is an entirely different story.

Old Post May 27th, 2012 12:55 AM
Click here to Send dgeoro_scattere a Private Message Find more posts by dgeoro_scattere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I doubt he could maintain the Wormhole while travelling through it himself.

Old Post May 27th, 2012 12:57 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Battlemaster

Originally posted by dgeoro_scattere
Force Storms can distinguish between targets; Luke and R2D2 were, along with a veritable mountain of debris, sucked into the vortex but only Luke and the droid were funneled into the Lictor-class dungeon ship. It can destroy targets and safely transport others.

Now whether Sidious could maintain this control under duress is an entirely different story.

So Palpatine couldn't defeat Nihilus, then?

Old Post May 27th, 2012 12:58 AM
Battlemaster

Originally posted by Nephthys
Yeah, I doubt he could maintain the Wormhole while travelling through it himself.

What about attacking Nihilus with it (from the front)?

Old Post May 27th, 2012 12:59 AM
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

For me, it's more of Luke and Sidious clashing with each other in disagreement than focusing on Nihilus, I can see them be distracted easily.

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post May 27th, 2012 12:59 AM
Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Battlemaster
What about attacking Nihilus with it (from the front)?

Again, Sidious himself is only a few meters from Nihilus. I doubt Sidious is precise enough to only pull Nihilus in.

Old Post May 27th, 2012 01:00 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Battlemaster

Originally posted by GenomeFrozener
For me, it's more of Luke and Sidious clashing with each other in disagreement than focusing on Nihilus, I can see them be distracted easily.

That would mean Nihilus would win, though..

Old Post May 27th, 2012 01:00 AM
Battlemaster

Again, Sidious himself is only a few meters from Nihilus. I doubt Sidious is precise enough to only pull Nihilus in.

Hmm...

Old Post May 27th, 2012 01:01 AM
dgeoro_scattere
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:

Possibly. Luke was unconscious by the time he materialized elsewhere.

quote:
Originally posted by Battlemaster
So Palpatine couldn't defeat Nihilus, then?

I see no reason to believe Nihilus would survive a Force Storm and Palpatine is unquestionably the more skilled and masterly combatant. Whether or not he could loose a Force Storm in time {which he could, I suppose, if he concealed himself in the Force and then conjured one with "mere thought and inclination"}. But the odds are that he'd die from the vortex.

Old Post May 27th, 2012 01:01 AM
Click here to Send dgeoro_scattere a Private Message Find more posts by dgeoro_scattere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Oh geez, if they're THAT close, what's stopping Nihilus from eating Luke or Sidious from the get go? KOTOR II shown us when he sees prey, he's not gonna stop and talk to them.

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post May 27th, 2012 01:03 AM
Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dgeoro_scattere
Restricted

Account Restricted

...That's actually what he did with the Exile. erm

Old Post May 27th, 2012 01:03 AM
Battlemaster

I see no reason to believe Nihilus would survive a Force Storm and Palpatine is unquestionably the more skilled and masterly combatant. Whether or not he could loose a Force Storm in time {which he could, I suppose, if he concealed himself in the Force and then conjured one with "mere thought and inclination"}. But the odds are that he'd die from the vortex.

Nihilus might just as likely eat the Force Storm...

And if he didn't (which he probably would) then all 3 of them would die in the vortex..

Making this a non-win.

So either they all die - or Nihilus wins.

Old Post May 27th, 2012 01:05 AM
Battlemaster

...That's actually what he did with the Exile. erm

True - this is to the death, though.

Old Post May 27th, 2012 01:06 AM
dgeoro_scattere
Restricted

Account Restricted

I realize, I was just pointing out the humorous contradiction between what he said and what Nihilus did in the game.

Old Post May 27th, 2012 01:07 AM
Battlemaster

I don't think a Force Storm is going to do jack to Nihilus.

But a Force Wormhole is going to send him somewhere where he can die..

Old Post May 27th, 2012 01:08 AM
Battlemaster

I realize, I was just pointing out the humorous contradiction between what he said and what Nihilus did in the game.

Yeah, I know. stick out tongue It was an astute point.

But this fight is to the death - and Nihilus is interested in Luke and Sid's - not Hoth.

Old Post May 27th, 2012 01:09 AM