KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Bane vs. Starkiller

Darth Bane vs. Starkiller
Started by: jmoul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jmoul

Darth Bane vs. Starkiller

On Ambria for a neutral setting, one, all-out battle between the Sith'ari and the one who broke the Rule of Two. Bane does not have the orbalisks. Who is the winner?

Old Post Oct 28th, 2012 07:54 PM
Click here to Send jmoul a Private Message Find more posts by jmoul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arhael
Devoid of reality

Starkiller

Old Post Oct 28th, 2012 08:28 PM
Click here to Send Arhael a Private Message Find more posts by Arhael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I'd say that Bane is the clear superior with a lightsaber, but Starkiller is utterly insane in terms of the things he does with the Force. This has always been one of the fights that I'm undecided on.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2012 08:31 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jmoul

Arhael Why do you think Starkiller wins? I am a fan of both, but just looking for reasons why one beats the other.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2012 08:32 PM
Click here to Send jmoul a Private Message Find more posts by jmoul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arhael
Devoid of reality

Trained lightsaber combat from childhood like Maul as well as sparred with Vader. Book shows him as very clever combatant analyzing opponent's style and looking for weaknesses to expose instead of relying on sheer power. Also, his offensive Force use during combat seems even more impressive than Dooku's.

As for power resisting lightning of Sidious without lightsaber and Yoda's Force absorb is something no Jedi/Sith could replicate.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2012 09:04 PM
Click here to Send Arhael a Private Message Find more posts by Arhael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jmoul

I can agree with those reasons. Again, I am a fan of both.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2012 09:07 PM
Ascendancy

I give Bane the edge in saber prowess both in terms of skills shown and because of his exposure to far more combat forms and saber types in combat during the war and after.

As far as the Force and all out I'm not sure what to say. Some of Galen's feats are ridiculous in terms of the total Force power wielded to carry them off. I don't think Galen faced any assaults with the Force that quite compare with what Bane could level at him, but neither has Bane gone up against what Galen can send his way.

If they are in a somewhat enclosed area I'd say Bane takes it. On Ambria out in the open I say it's likely Bane has trouble withstanding what Galen can bring to bear on him, though perhaps his lightning and Force Necro could give Starkiller the fits. Still probably Galen in this case, unless Bane gets close and transfers into him or takes him in sabers.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2012 05:33 AM
Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jmoul

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ascendancy
I give Bane the edge in saber prowess both in terms of skills shown and because of his exposure to far more combat forms and saber types in combat during the war and after.

Then again, Bane never actually fought in the war. He did the lightning ritual (if it has a proper name, then please let me now), but besides that, he never faced combat in the war.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2012 10:51 AM
Ascendancy

Originally posted by jmoul
Then again, Bane never actually fought in the war. He did the lightning ritual (if it has a proper name, then please let me now), but besides that, he never faced combat in the war.

I'm speaking to the Sith that he killed during the war, and after the Jedi.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2012 03:30 AM
Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Feat-wise, Marek is leagues and leagues beyond Bane. Whether or not he could bring that power to bear in combat is an entirely different story.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2012 03:33 AM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rookwood
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Darth Bane vs. Starkiller

Originally posted by jmoul
On Ambria for a neutral setting, one, all-out battle between the Sith'ari and the one who broke the Rule of Two. Bane does not have the orbalisks. Who is the winner?

Bane.

Bane wins with sabers, quite handily.

Bane could destroy, or match RotS Sidious with the Force (who Galen barely did jack to) - so Bane would defeat Galen with the Force as well.

After a moderately difficult duel - the winner is Bane, on all counts.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2012 06:54 AM
Click here to Send Rookwood a Private Message Find more posts by Rookwood Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Re: Re: Darth Bane vs. Starkiller

Originally posted by Rookwood
Bane.

Bane wins with sabers, quite handily.

Bane could destroy, or match RotS Sidious with the Force (who Galen barely did jack to) - so Bane would defeat Galen with the Force as well.

After a moderately difficult duel - the winner is Bane, on all counts.

Nah.

And Galen never fought ROTS Sidious.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2012 12:15 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Like you said Tempest, Galen seems to be more overtly powerful, but imo Bane has greater mastery and can use his powers more devastatingly in combat, he seems to be better at focusing his power to cause disintegration and the like.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2012 12:20 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Originally posted by Nephthys
Galen seems to be more overtly powerful,

Much more.

Originally posted by Nephthys
but imo Bane has greater mastery and can use his powers more devastatingly in combat, he seems to be better at focusing his power to cause disintegration and the like.

Vader had greater mastery too, but it didn't help him.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2012 12:25 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Vaders never disintegrated anything with a wave of his hand. And he can't even use lightning.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2012 12:50 PM
axel_jovan
Looking around.

Vader disintegrated a lightsaber by looking at it,
just sayin’ stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 30th, 2012 07:43 PM
Click here to Send axel_jovan a Private Message Find more posts by axel_jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

When? Sure you're not thinking of Sidious?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2012 07:49 PM
axel_jovan
Looking around.

Nah, I'm pretty positive it was Vader. Happened in one of the comics. (not a comic fan, so don't press me on this one lol)
I remember reading about it in Vader respect thread though.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2012 08:02 PM
Click here to Send axel_jovan a Private Message Find more posts by axel_jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Sidious disintegrated a lightsaber in a comic (Dark Empire). I think you're confusing him and Vader.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2012 08:09 PM
axel_jovan
Looking around.

Confusing Sidious with Vader? What kind of SW fan are you taking me for? smile

Yeah, I'm aware Sids disintergated Leia's lighsaber in DE.....yet, I'm pretty sure Vader replicated this feat in one of his comics....

Old Post Oct 30th, 2012 08:13 PM