KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Sids, Dooku, Vader vs Malgus, Revan, Bane

Sids, Dooku, Vader vs Malgus, Revan, Bane
Started by: Str0ke

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Str0ke
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sids, Dooku, Vader vs Malgus, Revan, Bane

Team 1
RotS Sidious
RotS Dooku
RotJ Vader

Team 2
Darth Malgus
Darth Revan
RoT Bane

Setting: Geonosian arena

1. sabers
2. force
3. all out

Old Post Dec 4th, 2012 03:26 PM
Click here to Send Str0ke a Private Message Find more posts by Str0ke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Team 2

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Dec 4th, 2012 03:29 PM
Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Anyone got feats for Malgus? Because it's looking like Team 2 will be stomped.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2012 09:40 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

He's pretty damn powerful. Despite his incompetence Legend did manage to convince me of that. I'd put him at around Vader level.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2012 10:14 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
He's pretty damn powerful. Despite his incompetence Legend did manage to convince me of that. I'd put him at around Vader level.

You lost me at LeGenD convinced you.
We've talked about this.

The guy might be the single lol'est poster in the history KMC and not because he's witty.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2012 10:19 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jmoul

When you say RoT Bane, do you mean with or without orbalisks?

If it's with, then team two rapes all three rounds, but if it's without the orbalisks, then team one will win in sabers and all-out.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2012 10:31 PM
Click here to Send jmoul a Private Message Find more posts by jmoul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

We had a massive argument about it. Eventually even he was bound to bring up some credible evidence. Like Malgus collapsing 2 buildings while injured, or having lightning capable of ashifying opponents, or shattering a pillar with a kick or whatever boo hoo, point is he's kind pf strong. At least Dooku level.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2012 10:32 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Originally posted by jmoul
When you say RoT Bane, do you mean with or without orbalisks?

If it's with, then team two rapes all three rounds, but if it's without the orbalisks, then team one will win in sabers and all-out.

Son, my lauding of LeGenD as the most retarded poster in KMC's long history was not meant to be a challenge.

We had a massive argument about it. Eventually even he was bound to bring up some credible evidence. Like Malgus collapsing 2 buildings while injured, or having lightning capable of ashifying opponents, or shattering a pillar with a kick or whatever boo hoo, point is he's kind pf strong. At least Dooku level.

I am... well, let's just say I'm skeptical. Too far down the dumb path has he gone. Do you have a link?

Last edited by The_Tempest on Dec 4th, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Old Post Dec 4th, 2012 10:36 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Old Post Dec 4th, 2012 10:40 PM
jmoul

Originally posted by The_Tempest
Son, my lauding of LeGenD as the most retarded poster in KMC's long history was not meant to be a challenge.

I was asking an honest question, as RoT Bane could mean Bane at his skill level then, not necessarily including orbalisk armor.

I know he had orbalisks on for most of RoT, as the Darth Bane series is my favorite series in EU.

Also, just for the record, the second quote tempest used is being falsely cited as something I said.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2012 10:44 PM
Click here to Send jmoul a Private Message Find more posts by jmoul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Originally posted by jmoul
I was asking an honest question, as RoT Bane could mean Bane at his skill level then, not necessarily including orbalisk armor.

I know he had orbalisks on for most of RoT, as the Darth Bane series is my favorite series in EU.

Also, just for the record, the second quote tempest used is being falsely cited as something I said.

I meant the stompage, not your question.
Sorry about that, edited, I copied you down instead of Nephthys.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2012 10:47 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I could see orbalisk Bane pullling out a win here personally. It's not a stomp either way imo.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2012 10:48 PM
The_Tempest

9 pages long debate, geez.

You want me to read 9 pages of LeGenD?
So, I guess now is the time to ask: just what the fvck did I do to piss you off, lately?

Old Post Dec 4th, 2012 10:48 PM
The_Tempest

I could see orbalisk Bane pullling out a win here personally. It's not a stomp either way imo.

Feat-wise, Revan is outmatched against anyone on the first team. Malgus is going to have to be pretty uber to pick up that slack. Conversely, Sidious is more powerful than anyone on either team.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2012 10:50 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

So, I guess now is the time to ask: just what the fvck did I do to piss you off, lately?

Theres also a pretty sweet video garme discussion in there.

Basically Windu was the best character and thats all there is to say on the matter.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2012 10:58 PM
S_W_LeGenD

Anyone got feats for Malgus? Because it's looking like Team 2 will be stomped.

To get an idea, just check the power and abilities section here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Malgus

One of his feats after the events of SWTOR (Hope) cinematic trailer:

"Malgus fell into the Force, roared, and hounded down the street, his anger lending his speed.

The Jedi held his ground. At twenty meters, the Jedi raised his lightsabers aloft to either side and drew them both down with a flourish.

Too late the rumble of the falling buildings penetrated the haze of Malgus's anger. An avalanche of duracrete and transparisteel crached down on him from either side of the street.

Malgus stood in a pocket under a mountain or rubble, legs bent, the power from his upraised hands preventing several tons of duracrete and steel from crushing him. Dust made his already troubled breath more difficult. He coughed as the words of his father echoed in his mind.

He'd been sloppy, so lost in his need for revenge that he'd failed to properly evaluate the Jedi's power. He's surrendered his reason to bloodlust. But no more. With an effort of will, he contained his anger, controlled it, made it a whetstone against which he sharpened his power. Using the Force, he blew the rubble up and away from him. It fell with a crash on the adjacent buildings. A Force-augmented leap carried him out and over the heap. The Jedi's eyes widened as Malgus hit the street. Malgus sneered and charged."

Book of Sith reveals about Malgus' most potent abilities or so I have heard.

"In his quest for domination, Darth Sidious tracked down what remained of five pivotal Sith texts written by his most powerful predecessors."

Malgus have defeated and killed several powerful opponents.

Any sane person who has watched SWTOR (Return) cinematic trailer, wouldn't question Malgus' abilities.

Feat-wise, Revan is outmatched against anyone on the first team. Malgus is going to have to be pretty uber to pick up that slack. Conversely, Sidious is more powerful than anyone on either team.

We do not know much about (Darth) Revan actually. In the koTOR Campaign Guide, some of his abilities as a Sith Lord have been listed.

One feat of his, during this phase, is that he and Darth Malak were having disagreements and this led to a battle between the two during which he (Darth Revan) cut-off the lower jaw of Darth Malak. This was the turning point of the relationship between them and Darth Malak took revenge by betraying his Sith Master during the events of Jedi infiltration of Darth Revan's flagship.

Elaborate on the incompetence part.

For:

(1)

You lost me at LeGenD convinced you.
We've talked about this.

The guy might be the single lol'est poster in the history KMC and not because he's witty.

(2)

Son, my lauding of LeGenD as the most retarded poster in KMC's long history was not meant to be a challenge

And you have won KMC's greatest debater award, correct?

I find your assessment questionable when you:

- Do not even read my posts?

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Dec 5th, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2012 11:10 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I don't think anyone reads your posts anymo--

damn it.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2012 11:12 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Elaborate on the incompetence part.

You have some trouble getting your points across and sometimes use some extremely weak evidence to form arguments, like those images of Revan in the SWTOR Archives apparantly proving that Revans an awesome duelist.

But hey, I did admit that you had some convincing arguments in the link I posted. Thats a compliment.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2012 11:18 AM
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I don't think anyone reads your posts anymo--

damn it.

But you do. And I like you. evil face

Old Post Dec 5th, 2012 11:19 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

You have some trouble getting your points across and sometimes use some extremely weak evidence to form arguments, like those images of Revan in the SWTOR Archives apparantly proving that Revans an awesome duelist.

I understand that English is not my native language and sometimes my points (written in English) are not so clear to English speaking audience. However, what I dislike is when people misunderstand my points and judge me on the basis of their own error in judgements.

It is good that you brought the images part as an example. I never suggested that Revan was an awesome duelist on the basis of those images alone; what I argued was that Revan, being a Force-wielder, would have (logically) used lightsaber and Force in combat - prior to release of his novel. In contrast, critics were saying that he would have used guns and grenades instead.

Ironically, the critics turned out to be wrong and my logical assessment turned out to be correct. Their is no luck here; canonical tid-bits already hinted on Revan' combat preferences.

If I am incompetent, these critics are even more incompetent and they that take it out on me to conceal their own incompetence.

This thread contains more examples of incompetence of critics: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f86/t572456.html

Now you get it?

But hey, I did admit that you had some convincing arguments in the link I posted. Thats a compliment.

I have handled even the likes of Lightsnake. No big deal.

However, thanks for complement.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Dec 5th, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2012 11:26 AM