KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Barsen'thor vs Count Dooku

Barsen'thor vs Count Dooku
Started by: Nephthys

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Barsen'thor vs Count Dooku

Force Contest only.

They fight in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2013 03:24 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I'll just start us off. Apparently the Barsen'thor is powerful enough to rip through a blast door the size of a two-story building. I hope someone who's played the Consular story can point us in the right direction or post a video for confirmation of this because we need some good feats for TOR characters. However, that does seem a bit more powerful than anything Dooku has done, so really he'll have to rely on his Force Mastery and and intelligent use of the Force to win, if he can.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2013 09:01 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Does Barsen'thor know tutaminis? Considering it's a force fight only, Dooku's potentially higher speed and lightning could help him.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2013 05:39 AM
Click here to Send Intrepid37 a Private Message Find more posts by Intrepid37 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Intrepid37
Does Barsen'thor know tutaminis? Considering it's a force fight only, Dooku's potentially higher speed and lightning could help him.

The only time I remember the Barsen'thor deflecting lightning it was against Darth Lachriss, and it was with his saber. Other than that several of the Emperor's children blast him with lighting. He gets up shortly after, but he is not immune to it.

The North Remembers

Old Post Jun 6th, 2013 01:32 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Barsen'thor is a prodigy:-

The determined Consular launches a last-ditch assault against the First Son's hiding place. In a climatic final battle with the galaxy at stake, these two masters of the Force cross sabers. The Consular ultimately defeats the First Son and emerges victorious. Without the First Son's protection, the Children of the Emperor are revealed to the Jedi, allowing the Republic to steel itself against the Empire. Meanwhile the Consular is saluted as a hero of the order, ready for whatever challenges lie ahead. (SWTORE, Page 99)

So it is perhaps this battle which tilted the war in the favor of the Republic and the Jedi Order...

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Jun 7th, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Old Post Jun 7th, 2013 12:03 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Barsen'thor is a prodigy:-

The determined Consular launches a last-ditch assault against the First Son's hiding place. In a climatic final battle with the galaxy at stake, these two masters of the Force cross sabers. The Consular ultimately defeats the First Son and emerges victorious. Without the First Son's protection, the Children of the Emperor are revealed to the Jedi, allowing the Republic to steel itself against the Empire. Meanwhile the Consular is saluted as a hero of the order, ready for whatever challenges lie ahead. (SWTORE, Page 99)

So it is perhaps this battle which tilted the war in the favor of the Republic and the Jedi Order...

Uhh yes. The Children of the Emperor were perhaps the Empire's greatest tactical strength, the First son especially provided top level clearance for the Empire in terms of Republic strategy. To have a traitorous member of the Jedi Council was enough not to mention all the other spies.

The North Remembers

Old Post Jun 7th, 2013 12:24 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Its worth mentioning that the Barsen'thor is another 'minor prodigy' who shows up their master days into being a padawan. Their fighting prowess is so good that they impress Qyzen Fess enough that he thinks you're an embodiment of his deity, something you master didn't do despite knowing his for years. Your master also admits that you were stronger with the Force at age 4 than she was at 15.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2013 11:49 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Haha, then literally 20 minutes after I wrote that I had to kick her ass.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2013 12:07 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Finally found this feat:

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

Very impressive, and looks like it didn't take much effort. I mean christ, look how thick that door is.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2013 10:40 AM
S_W_LeGenD

Very impressive; she will whoop Dooku's @ss.

The title of Barsen'thor is rarely earned within the Jedi Order.

Some real bad@sses came during the Old Republic era. I guess that when the agents of dark become too powerful and disturb the balance, the Force retaliates with creating incredibly powerful agents of light to restore the balance and terminate the agents of dark.

What still confuses me is that if the agents of dark are supposed to be eliminated, how come this results in balance?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2013 12:21 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Another cool feat. This is now my Barsen'thor feat thread:

6.35 A pretty decently huge chunk of metal, tossed like a stick. Still relatively early in the Barsen'thors career. Although it should also be mentioned that it seems that the Consular isn't especially skilled yet, as you then have the choice between saving some holocrons and a woman, indicating that they lacked the skill to lift both simultaneously.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2013 07:49 PM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by Nephthys
Another cool feat. This is now my Barsen'thor feat thread:

6.35 A pretty decently huge chunk of metal, tossed like a stick. Still relatively early in the Barsen'thors career. Although it should also be mentioned that it seems that the Consular isn't especially skilled yet, as you then have the choice between saving some holocrons and a woman, indicating that they lacked the skill to lift both simultaneously.

The Barsen'thor is easily the greatest Jedi force user in the galaxy by the end of the arc.

The North Remembers

Old Post Jun 19th, 2013 08:18 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

It shows, the Hero of Tython never gets to do crazy stuff with the Force. Though they would still win in a fight between the two.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2013 08:25 PM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

It shows, the Hero of Tython never gets to do crazy stuff with the Force. Though they would still win in a fight between the two.

If the Barsen'thor had some lightsaber chops I think he/she could take the HoT.

The North Remembers

Old Post Jun 19th, 2013 08:33 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Even if they did the HoT has defeated opponents more powerful than the Barsen'thor. Vitiates Force Powers eclipse those of the Barsen'thors and yet the HoT was able to defend against him and kill him. Although they don't do anything particularly impressive with the Force, the HoT clearly has amazing defensive capabilities. I doubt the Barsen'thor could overwhelm them while the HoT can almost certainly beat them in a lightsaber fight.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2013 08:39 PM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Even if they did the HoT has defeated opponents more powerful than the Barsen'thor. Vitiates Force Powers eclipse those of the Barsen'thors and yet the HoT was able to defend against him and kill him. Although they don't do anything particularly impressive with the Force, the HoT clearly has amazing defensive capabilities. I doubt the Barsen'thor could overwhelm them while the HoT can almost certainly beat them in a lightsaber fight.

A severely weakened Vitiate who was also losing significant chunks of his power with the First Son and the Children.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if the First Son was the second most powerful Sith at the time sans Vitiates.

The North Remembers

Old Post Jun 20th, 2013 01:30 AM
The_Tempest

Say what?

I realize that Vitiate was drawing power from his myriad of human batteries, but I assumed it was for his galaxy-buffet ritual.

Don't tell me that the guy relies on them for a fight. Makes him look like a bigger puss if that's true.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2013 01:43 AM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by The_Tempest
Say what?

I realize that Vitiate was drawing power from his myriad of human batteries, but I assumed it was for his galaxy-buffet ritual.

Don't tell me that the guy relies on them for a fight. Makes him look like a bigger puss if that's true.

It is stated each Child of the Emperor was imbued with a part of the Emperor's power. I'm not sure what that means for a fight.

The North Remembers

Old Post Jun 20th, 2013 02:04 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
A severely weakened Vitiate who was also losing significant chunks of his power with the First Son and the Children.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if the First Son was the second most powerful Sith at the time sans Vitiates.

Is it specifically said that they grant him power? If anything he should be stronger without having to imbue them with a portion of his strength. And even then, only if the Jedi Knight storyline occurs after the Consular one. Given that the Jedi Knight is the only one without seeing Surresh as Supreme Chancellor, theres no way to really tell. Either way, Vitiate recovers his strength if you go to rescue your love interest, he was on a phenomenally powerful darkside nexus and the HoT had to fight through Kaas City and the Imperial Guard to get to him.

Neither would I. Except that he lacks the feats necessary to proclaim him as such. Maybe SWTORE says something about him?

Originally posted by The_Tempest
Say what?

Nah. If anything it would make him weaker since part of his power would be tied up in his Children. Not to mention the Imperial Guard as well.

Last edited by Nephthys on Jun 20th, 2013 at 02:18 AM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2013 02:06 AM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Is it specifically said that they grant him power? If anything he should be stronger without having to imbue them with a portion of his strength. And even then, only if the Jedi Knight storyline occurs after the Consular one. Given that the Jedi Knight is the only one without seeing Surresh as Supreme Chancellor, theres no way to really tell. Either way, Vitiate recovers his strength if you go to rescue your love interest, he was on a phenomenally powerful darkside nexus and the HoT had to fight through Kaas City and the Imperial Guard to get to him.

Neither would I. Except that he lacks the feats necessary to proclaim him as such. Maybe SWTORE says something about him?

Nah. If anything it would make him weaker since his part of his power would be tied up in his Children. Not to mention the Imperial Guard as well.

I always thought that the loss of the Children during the Battle of the Corellia created an additional opening for the JK to kill the Emperor. Surresh was likely busy welcoming Corellia back into the Republic.

Also the Emperor was likely still weakened, I doubt a few hours would help recovering from a galactic ritual.

Anyway, the Jedi Consular had to fight through several of the Emperor's Children and the Imperial Guard on Corellia before fighting him.

The North Remembers

Old Post Jun 20th, 2013 02:21 AM