KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Revan vs Dooku

Revan Vs Dooku
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Revan 8 42.11%
Dooku 11 57.89%
Total: 19 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Revan vs Dooku
Started by: ROTJ Vader

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ROTJ Vader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Revan vs Dooku

1.Sabers
2.Force
3.All-Out

Old Post Sep 15th, 2013 02:27 AM
Click here to Send ROTJ Vader a Private Message Find more posts by ROTJ Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Han
Restricted

Account Restricted

I can't read the OP, but I'm assuming a usual sabers/force/all out, in which case, Dooku takes sabers, and Revan takes the Force and all out.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2013 02:31 AM
Click here to Send Master Han a Private Message Find more posts by Master Han Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Dooku

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Sep 15th, 2013 03:03 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Dooku takes sabers, Revan takes Force, and Revan probably edges an all out.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2013 05:08 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai

Dooku dominates all. Revan's feats can not compare with the Count.

Credit to Scythe

Old Post Sep 15th, 2013 06:28 AM
Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

I'm leaning towards Dooku here.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2013 08:06 AM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Dooku because he's a vastly superior duelist, and has comparable TK.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Sep 15th, 2013 01:53 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Taay'hai

Dooku.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2013 02:57 PM
Click here to Send Taay'hai a Private Message Find more posts by Taay'hai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Dooku takes this.

The North Remembers

Old Post Sep 15th, 2013 03:33 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Revan.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2013 03:44 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

If Revan attempts to engage Lord Tyranus with his lightsaber, the good Count will humiliate him like he has so many other esteemed duelists. Revan's mastery of tutaminis will undoubtedly help him defend against Dooku's lightning, but it will not help him against the Count's superior TK mastery. And in an all out its sort of a pick your combo of Revan's death. Dooku has perhaps the most impressive track record of pwning people mid duel with the Force, so that's probably the most likely choice of death.

The North Remembers

Old Post Sep 15th, 2013 03:52 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't say Dooku's TK mastery is superior. In his Foundry fight Revan rips meteors down and pelts the strike team with them, which is by the way an extremely impressive display of using the Force mid duel.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2013 03:57 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Han
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Sep 15th, 2013 03:58 PM
Click here to Send Master Han a Private Message Find more posts by Master Han Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
I wouldn't say Dooku's TK mastery is superior. In his Foundry fight Revan rips meteors down and pelts the strike team with them, which is by the way an extremely impressive display of using the Force mid duel.

That also backs up the theory that Revan was an expert practitioner of Niman. Though because of the descriptions of his extremely acrobatic and offensive lightsaber displays, I'd say he's also an Ataru practitioner. And just to over-analyze things, I'll also say he might have been a reverse-grip Shien practitioner, considering we've seen him in canon pictures using reverse grips against blaster-wielding assailants, and has often dealt with blaster-wielders in his travels. Considering Ataru sucks for blast deflection and Niman is so-so, I'd say it's a slightly backed up possibility.

Still, his chances against Dooku in a duel are slim. I do believe, however, he can hold his own in lightsaber combat, and continue to gain an advantage through greater Force Aptitude.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2013 04:56 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

What part of Gameplay is non-canon don't you understand about the canon policy. Otherwise we have one of the Dread Masters turning into god like size in one of the most recent Operations. And gigantic Rakata man in the Eternal Vault.

The North Remembers

Old Post Sep 15th, 2013 05:43 PM
ares834

thumb up

Old Post Sep 15th, 2013 05:44 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
What part of Gameplay is non-canon don't you understand about the canon policy. Otherwise we have one of the Dread Masters turning into god like size in one of the most recent Operations. And gigantic Rakata man in the Eternal Vault.

Um, I don't know about the Dread Master thing, but Soa is actually mentioned in SWTORE and theres a picture of him being 20 feet tall and stuff.

Gameplay is only non-canon because in gameplay you control what happens so obviously that isn't a set thing. But Revan pulls those meteors down automatically and cannot be interrupted so its something that always happens in that fight, thus it is canon.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2013 05:49 PM
ares834

Wait Soa is actually huge.... lol

Old Post Sep 15th, 2013 05:56 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Force Gigantism is a thing apparantly.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2013 05:58 PM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Um, I don't know about the Dread Master thing, but Soa is actually mentioned in SWTORE and theres a picture of him being 20 feet tall and stuff.

That is retarded. Rakatans are all humanoid, why is the Infernal One suddenly a giant. And yeah Dread Master Styrak's enrage mode is him turning into a gigantic version of himself, where he attempts to smite the team.
quote:

Gameplay is only non-canon because in gameplay you control what happens so obviously that isn't a set thing. But Revan pulls those meteors down automatically and cannot be interrupted so its something that always happens in that fight, thus it is canon.

No it isn't. Gameplay is non-canon because it is silly. Otherwise you'd have people tanking dozens of blasterbolts, resisting lightsaber wounds, and tanking grenades rockets, and thermal detonators unmolested. If we take it as canon, those same meteors can be casually tanked by a non force user like the Sith Agent. So either Revan pulled down some unnaturally soft meteors or that feat hardly counts as canon.

The North Remembers

Last edited by Lord Stark on Sep 15th, 2013 at 06:01 PM

Old Post Sep 15th, 2013 05:59 PM