KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Freedon Nadd runs the gauntlet

Freedon Nadd runs the gauntlet
Started by: XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Freedon Nadd runs the gauntlet

Been talking about this guy on swforums recently. How far does he get, with full rests in btwn? all battles take place in lord vitiate's fortress in space. Please state your reason for where he fails/if he clears

1. Darth Baras
2. PoD Bane
3. DoE Zannah
4. Count Dooku
5. Prime Revan
Boss: Mace Windu

Last edited by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ on Sep 20th, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Old Post Sep 20th, 2013 12:06 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Losses at three.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 20th, 2013 12:12 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

How so?

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Sep 20th, 2013 12:14 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Nadd's too unknown for me to judge. He might not even get past Baras. Who knows.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2013 12:15 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

Since we all love taking KOTOR/TOR statements out of hand it is stated that Freedon Nadd was a lot nastier than Revan and Malak was combined.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2013 12:20 AM
Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

kk, lemme post some Nadd crap, based off of what I know bout him:
freedon Nadd was a very impressive lightsaber duelist, fighting on-par with Matta Tremayne, his master, whom was considered a master lightsaber duelist. As a sith lord, his lightsaber skills only improved, and he gained near-unparalleled combat experience. he also has a sith magic enhanced blaster, which as of KOTOR II, has killed more jedi than any lightsaber. He was a master sith sorceror, having mastery over the fear spell, and could utilize dark healing. He also used some form of TK, being able to force push vodo baas from across the galaxy. I say he can make it to 4.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2013 12:21 AM
ares834

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Based
Since we all love taking KOTOR/TOR statements out of hand it is stated that Freedon Nadd was a lot nastier than Revan and Malak was combined.

No, a random Mandalorian says he was worse than either Revan or Malak.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2013 12:22 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Wait, whats that about his blaster?

"A vile weapon that once belonged to Freedon Nadd, this blaster has killed more Jedi then any lightsaber."

Daymn! Thats a lot of Jedi considering, you know, Tulak Hord and everything.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2013 12:26 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

lol. Well honestly Zaanah as of DoE was pretty badass, tendrils and crap. Can't picture Nadd beating her, especially due to his lack of exposure.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 20th, 2013 12:28 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

True, I can't see Nadd getting through her lightsaber defense when even Bane was struggling to, Godblaster or not.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2013 12:29 AM
ares834

Originally posted by Nephthys
Wait, whats that about his blaster?

"A vile weapon that once belonged to Freedon Nadd, this blaster has killed more Jedi then any lightsaber."

Daymn! Thats a lot of Jedi considering, you know, Tulak Hord and everything.

Good thing Hord never killed thousands of Jedi then.

yes

Old Post Sep 20th, 2013 12:30 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Even assuming thats true for the sake of not having an argument over it, his killcount would still have to have been in the hundreds imo.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2013 12:34 AM
ares834

Hundreds of Jedi? Why?

Old Post Sep 20th, 2013 12:35 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Nadd is, in my opinion, on par with Zannah, for sure. In lightsaber combat, stalemating a master duelist whilst still a jed knight (note: he becomes quite a bit more powerful as the reigning dark lord) is more impressive than defeating set harth, and a distracted jedi. Although Bane struggled with breaking through Zannah's near-impenetrable defense, she's an absolute joke when mounting a lightsaber offensive. Another problem Zannah has is a lack of tactical acumen. As for the force, they are both masters of sith sorcery, so this'd prolly be a tie. Ultimately, I give it to Nadd, since I think he could win if i factored in his sith-magic blaster into this "equation."

Old Post Sep 20th, 2013 12:36 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by ares834
Hundreds of Jedi? Why?

Fighting armies of Jedi 1000+ strong and soloing a siege. Even if you don't buy that siege was a thousand Jedi strong, it'd need to be a hundred or so since, you know, its a ****ing siege.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2013 12:42 AM
ares834

Why must the siege include solely Jedi?

Old Post Sep 20th, 2013 12:43 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

2.30 "The Jedi had laid siege." "Leaving nothing but Jedi blood in his wake."

"Khem Val devoured the life-energy from thousands of Jedi in ancient battles fought in Yn and Chabosh."

Old Post Sep 20th, 2013 12:48 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Anyways, whacho peeps think about the actual gauntlet?

Old Post Sep 20th, 2013 01:53 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

If he doesn't lose at 3, then he could possibly clear. Though I won't go so far as to say Nadd>Dooku/Mace just yet.

I would have thought that Tulak Hord lived after Freedon Nadd, 'cause, you know, Hord couldn't have been before Sadow because they had made no contact with the Jedi until then since the Hundred Year Darkness, and it couldn't have been before Exar Kun since there really was no Sith Empire until then. Yet, it had to be before Knights of the Old Republic, so it's kinda messed up. Tulak Hord existed in a different universe or something.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2013 03:41 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by NewGuy01
If he doesn't lose at 3, then he could possibly clear. Though I won't go so far as to say Nadd>Dooku/Mace just yet.

I would have thought that Tulak Hord lived after Freedon Nadd, 'cause, you know, Hord couldn't have been before Sadow because they had made no contact with the Jedi until then since the Hundred Year Darkness, and it couldn't have been before Exar Kun since there really was no Sith Empire until then. Yet, it had to be before Knights of the Old Republic, so it's kinda messed up. Tulak Hord existed in a different universe or something.

It does indeed not make sense.

There is one other contact of note- shortly after the Hundred Years Darkness, some of the exiles came back around for another go at the Jedi. Their leader was Baron Remulus Dreypa, not Tulak, and what happened is they ran into a band of Jedi who had ideas of finishing off the exiles. They fought to a draw and ended up on Kesh, future home of the Lost Tribe of the Sith. Also, obviously, not eligible.

Hm... maybe the destruction of the Empire during Sadow's time wasn't complete, and Tulak lead a pyrrhic defense or something before being completely destroyed? That's... about the only place I can think of to even shoehorn him in, because we know the identity of every major Sith Lord who fought the Jedi up into the KotoR era and even beyond. It's only past that point that we start getting gaps in the records.

Or, was he just one who never fought the true Jedi? Perhaps the 'Jedi' he faced were fellow students of the 12 Dark Jedi Exiles, who simply chose to keep the name Jedi while he was aligned with the faction who preferred the name Sith.

Hm... if I wrote it, that's how I'd smooth him into the timeline. After the first generations of exiles, two factions rise, and I'd put him in charge of the winning one.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2013 04:07 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote