KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » RotJ Luke vs. Darth Malak

RotJ Luke vs. Darth Malak
Started by: XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

RotJ Luke vs. Darth Malak

Who wins? Takes place on the Death star throne room, but instead Luke must face malak instead of vader. give a reason for why your choice would win.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2013 05:35 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Luke. Fighting Vader as an equal swordsman is better than anything Malak's done.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2013 05:38 PM
Click here to Send Intrepid37 a Private Message Find more posts by Intrepid37 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

hmm, good point. Though to be fair, vader could have ended the fight at any time with his force abilities. This is all-out, not just sabers or just force.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Sep 28th, 2013 05:39 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

What Force feats does Malak have?

Old Post Sep 28th, 2013 05:58 PM
Click here to Send Intrepid37 a Private Message Find more posts by Intrepid37 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Malak off the star forge has virtually nothing. All he's done is stasis Bastila and mid-game Revan.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2013 06:00 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Malak has utilized a wide variety of abilities, being able to use the force to create whirlwinds and stasis fields (both happen in cutscenes) against an enemy of Revan's caliber (admittedly mid-game). He has also utilized force choke, lightning, and saber throw (in cutscene). He has defeated Revan in single combat on the Leviathan (again, mid game), and was stated by bastila to be able to defeat the entire ebon hawk crew, including revan (during the events of the leviathan). His variety of force abilities is very impressive.

Last edited by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ on Sep 28th, 2013 at 06:05 PM

Old Post Sep 28th, 2013 06:03 PM
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Seems pretty standard, nothing too incredible.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2013 06:04 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

I can completely understand that, however what force abilities has Luke displayed by RotJ? I always feel like malak should be stronger than he seems, being a brute-force type of dark lord

Last edited by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ on Sep 28th, 2013 at 06:09 PM

Old Post Sep 28th, 2013 06:05 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Anyways, this is my analysis of how it would go:

Sabers: Luke

Force: Malak, due to a wide variety of abilities that could catch luke off-guard

Physically: Luke is faster, but malak is stronger (seemingly).

Old Post Sep 28th, 2013 06:29 PM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Malak really is underestimated imo he is likely to be the second strongest of the era

The North Remembers

Old Post Sep 28th, 2013 07:16 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

I'd say so as well (at least if we're not counting sith emperor's empire). Remember darth sion is considered very impressive by some, and he served malak

edit: anyway, who do you think wins? I think they both have a shot at winning.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2013 07:18 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
Malak really is underestimated imo he is likely to be the second strongest of the era

Which says a lot about the era.

Although Nihilus, Vitiate, The Exile, Nyriss, Kreia and maybe Sion are stronger than him imo if you count them as in the same era.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2013 07:24 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

wouldn't say Nyriss, she only beat scourge and an incredibly weakened exile. I'd say malak > exile, as in the Revan Novel Revan thought about how he'd take malak with him, were he not dead. Nihilus, idk, as he seems to be quite the enigma to me. vitiate obviously, Traya maybe (though it would be due to her force abilities, if malak closes the distance....), Malak is stronger than sion most likely, sion served malak in the war.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2013 07:28 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
wouldn't say Nyriss, she only beat scourge and an incredibly weakened exile.

Whereas Malak has beaten?

And the Exile wasn't weakened. Those two are still above anything Malak has ever done under his own power.

I'd say malak > exile, as in the Revan Novel Revan thought about how he'd take malak with him, were he not dead.

Meh, don't care. By feats the Exile has a distinct edge on him, beating an entire Sith temple while crushed by increased gravity and one of the most potent darkside nexus' ever. And she's got better lightsaber feats in her absurd learning rate.

Nihilus, idk, as he seems to be quite the enigma to me.

He would annihilate Malak. He's likely the 3rd most powerful Sith ever imo.

Traya maybe (though it would be due to her force abilities, if malak closes the distance....),

Even if he does Traya has her 3 lightsabers to fend him off.

Malak is stronger than sion most likely, sion served malak in the war.

Even if he is, Sion has his ability to ignore death. Arguably he'd be able to beat him eventually.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2013 09:08 PM
XRKun

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but this is the same era with Meetra, Vitiate, Kun, Ulic Qel Droma, Nihilus and even Sion.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2013 09:15 PM
Click here to Send XRKun a Private Message Find more posts by XRKun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

and how is scourge during the revan novel better than malak? almost getting killed by a bounty hunter? And meetra was most likely weakened she was on dromund kaas, a dark side nexus, weakening here (to a high degree) while strengthening nyriss. I think the exile would beat nyriss on even terms. Also, Revan's opinion means nothing? Also, Traya is canonically stronger than Meetra I believe wink. I think Malak is perfectly capable of beating down sion 3-4 times, as meetra did. By what we know of them both, malak is physically stronger than meetra, has (arguably) a wider range of force abilities, and overall are probably equal in lightsaber combat. Meetra does have better feats, but we cannot solely judge our placement of a character based off of that. Example would be: Maul> The Daughter

Last edited by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ on Sep 28th, 2013 at 09:19 PM

Old Post Sep 28th, 2013 09:16 PM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

I second that.

If I were to place Malak power-wise, I'd put him somewhere between TCW Maul and Dooku, but that's just my arbitrary choice.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2013 08:24 AM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by XRKun
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but this is the same era with Meetra, Vitiate, Kun, Ulic Qel Droma, Nihilus and even Sion.

Exar and Droma were about 50 years earlier. They're KotoR, but far enough distant to probably mention separate.

Vitiate, we generally only count in the TOR era, much later, because he was off in space somewhere.

Only Meetra, Nihilus, and Sion are more properly the same era.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2013 08:39 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by Nephthys
Which says a lot about the era.

Although Nihilus, Vitiate, The Exile, Nyriss, Kreia and maybe Sion are stronger than him imo if you count them as in the same era.

Nihilus is a giant outlier as is Vitiate. The Exile is doubtfully above Revan's right hand man. Considering the ease with Revan deals with Nyriss, and how grueling his battle with Malak was as per Drew's commentary, I really doubt that Nyriss could defeat Malak. If I had to rank things.

1. Vitiate
2. Revan
3. Malak
4. Nyriss
5. Exile
6. Scourge
7. Kreia
8. Sion

This is excluding bullshit like Nihilus' gigadrain. Why? Because that puts him firmly above everyone in the mythos and seems to have been retconned to an extent.

Using from powerscaling Star Forge Malak~Revan. No DS nexus has multiplied someones power. Its more of a percentage increase. So I really doubt Malak would get fodderized by Revan off the Star Forge.

Before people say 'Lul but Revan defeated him like 8 times'. Not necessarily. If we take every LS choice as canon, its more likely Revan freed them ala destroy droid force power (or electric judgement basically).

So, yeah. That's my two cents.

The North Remembers

Old Post Sep 29th, 2013 08:46 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

and how is scourge during the revan novel better than malak? almost getting killed by a bounty hunter? And meetra was most likely weakened she was on dromund kaas, a dark side nexus, weakening here (to a high degree) while strengthening nyriss. I think the exile would beat nyriss on even terms. Also, Revan's opinion means nothing? Also, Traya is canonically stronger than Meetra I believe wink. I think Malak is perfectly capable of beating down sion 3-4 times, as meetra did. By what we know of them both, malak is physically stronger than meetra, has (arguably) a wider range of force abilities, and overall are probably equal in lightsaber combat. Meetra does have better feats, but we cannot solely judge our placement of a character based off of that. Example would be: Maul> The Daughter

Scourge isn't, probably. But Nyriss whooped his ass in lightsabers and the Force so she's way above him.

Maybe, but remember that she was weakened even more on Malachor V considering its a stronger nexus and has the Mass Shadow Generator. And she was still able to pwn the Trayas Academy and Sion (5+ times iirc) before beating Kreia twice. You think Malak could have done that shit? I don't. Not off the Star Forge at least.

Nihilus is a giant outlier as is Vitiate. The Exile is doubtfully above Revan's right hand man. Considering the ease with Revan deals with Nyriss, and how grueling his battle with Malak was as per Drew's commentary, I really doubt that Nyriss could defeat Malak. If I had to rank things.

1. Vitiate
2. Revan
3. Malak
4. Nyriss
5. Exile
6. Scourge
7. Kreia
8. Sion

This is excluding bullshit like Nihilus' gigadrain. Why? Because that puts him firmly above everyone in the mythos and seems to have been retconned to an extent.

Using from powerscaling Star Forge Malak~Revan. No DS nexus has multiplied someones power. Its more of a percentage increase. So I really doubt Malak would get fodderized by Revan off the Star Forge.

Before people say 'Lul but Revan defeated him like 8 times'. Not necessarily. If we take every LS choice as canon, its more likely Revan freed them ala destroy droid force power (or electric judgement basically).

So, yeah. That's my two cents.

Even excluding Nihilus' gigadrain he's above most of that list and certainly above Malak. He casually owned the Exile's team while starving and dragged the Ravager out of Malachor. This is the guy who consumed the energy of entire planets and nearly a hundred Jedi remember.

Even with the Star Forge I disagree Malak is equal to Revan. Drew said it was a tough fight but Revan had just fought through the Star Forge, Bastila and the room on continuously spawning battle droids to get to him and he did beat him multiple times. You say he could have freed them, but that too indicates large superiority imo since he'd have to do that while fighting Malak. Its not like he would allow him. He defeated him at least twice in a row, after fighting to get to him and while Malak was amped.

Therefore, logically Normal Malak is far below Revan. Dude has ****all to his name other than being the Dark Lord.

Also Kreia is said to be more powerful than the Exile. Meetra beat her through sheer skill. Sure she wasn't above Revan's right hand before Kotor 2, but after consuming the power of hundreds and everything else that elevated her during the game she surely is imo.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2013 01:25 PM