KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » The Battlezone! Round 1 Match 2: Darth Talon vs Asajj Ventress (S5)

The Battlezone! Round 1 Match 2: Darth Talon vs Asajj Ventress (S5)
Started by: XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

The Battlezone! Round 1 Match 2: Darth Talon vs Asajj Ventress (S5)

Darth Talon

Darth Talon was a female twi'lek sith lord who served as one of Darth Krayt's hands during his reign as Emperor. She began her sith training on Korriban, where eventually she was tasked by Darth Krayt to kill her master, Darth Ruyn. She did so gladly, showing ultimate loyalty to Krayt, becoming one of his most trusted assassins.

Throughout the legacy era she is tasked with missions for Darth Krayt, including hunting down the infamous Cade Skywalker, even training him in the ways of the dark side, although ultimately she failed in this endeavor and was impaled by Cade. She survived through being given bacta, and fought against Darth Wyyrlok's new sith regime. When Krayt was reborn and slew Wyyrlok, she took her place again at Krayt's side. When Krayt was ultimately slain by Cade, she and the other sith went into hiding, trying to make sure that the one sith wouldn't die with its founder.

Asajj Ventress

Asajj Ventress was a female Dathomirian sith assassin and servant of Count Dooku. Born as a Nightsister, Ventress was sold as a slave to Rattatak, and trained in the ways of the jedi. However, after her master, Ny Narec was killed, she began to follow the path of the dark side, slaying the Rattataki warlords, inserting herself as leader of the planet. Dooku took notice of her, and took her in as his own "apprentice."

She fought various battles during the clone wars, an instrumental tool for Count Dooku. She battled Skywalker and Kenobi many times, although she was never able to kill either one. Eventually she was betrayed by Count Dooku, having revealed that he never had any plans of making Ventress a true sith. She then went back to Dathomir and met Mother Talzin, where she fought against General Grevious and the Separatists. Eventually, she was taken as far away from Dooku, the jedi, and the war as possible.

Terrain

The terrain is an uneven, snowy, and mountainous.

Who wins?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 01:54 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Gotta go with Asajj with mid difficulty.

Ironically, Asajj fought PT jedi in exact same circumstances and did rather well. Her TK is used in environmental situations just like this.

Good fight though

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 01:56 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Talon has some nice force feats. She's disguised her appearance as someone else, hides her presence in the force with great skill, and she's got some very impressive TK, ripping up large amounts of solid stone easily. She could rip up the very mountain beneath Asajj's feat. Force goes to her.

Asajj, she is more experienced, but Talon is also quite good at playing evasive and avoiding skilled foes, and has a couple nice wins under her belt (killed Marasiah Fel's master, beat Cade during sithtraining).

So, force, talon, sabers, Asajj, I'll go Talon in a good fight.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 02:17 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Gonna type a rebuttal later. Asajj is too skilled and has too much raw talent imo.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 02:18 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
Gonna type a rebuttal later. Asajj is too skilled and has too much raw talent imo.

Talon's also very skilled, and has more complete training. Asajj, while possessing a lot of talent, is more raw, especially in her force abilities and force defense, while Darth Talon benefits from having completed sith training.

Both are very awesome and have their own advantages and disadvantages against each other.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 02:22 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

quote:
Talon's also very skilled, and has more complete training. Asajj, while possessing a lot of talent, is more raw, especially in her force abilities and force defense, while Darth Talon benefits from having completed sith training

She's skilled but her duels don't really reflect it. She's consistently beaten by Cade, and doesn't really have any real comparison with Ventress's raw skill (beating Fisto pre prime, and holding her own against Plo Koon). Ventress may not be completely trained but for the level of training she has, and for being so young she's demonstrated the's superior to most if not all the Jedi barring Anakin and the usual mentions. Nothing Talon has accomplished compares to this.

quote:
impressive TK, ripping up large amounts of solid stone easily. She could rip up the very mountain beneath Asajj's feat. Force goes to her.

Ironically, Ventress has destroyed a ceiling, uprooted massive trees, and even ragdolled Kenobi, as well as caused avalanches. She's got more force abilities at her disposal, and has bested many Jedi with them including Kenobi.

I just don't see her beating Ventress.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 03:27 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Assaj has better feats, and has defeated people with better feats than Talon has.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 03:58 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ventress wins just about every time. Her skill feats, such as fighting evenly with characters such as Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, Obi-Wan and Anakin vastly outstrips Talon's own.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 06:19 AM
Click here to Send Intrepid37 a Private Message Find more posts by Intrepid37 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

So are you all mostly in agreement that asajj wins?

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 11:51 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I do not have the foggiest about this one. Ventress certainly has more feats, but I'm not sure they're actually above Talons ones. Giving Cade a good fight seems to be just as good as giving any of the characters Intrepid listed a good fight.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 12:36 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Does Ventress know how to block lightning?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 12:38 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I think so. Well she tried to at least when her and Savage attacked Dooku.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 12:42 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Yeah I was just wondering. Would be a significant advantage for Talon if she can't or sucks at doing so.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 12:48 PM
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nephthys
I do not have the foggiest about this one. Ventress certainly has more feats, but I'm not sure they're actually above Talons ones. Giving Cade a good fight seems to be just as good as giving any of the characters Intrepid listed a good fight.

Ventress is skilled enough that Mace has to call on all of his skill just to drive her off. Mace's skill feats outstrip Cade's.

Last edited by Intrepid37 on Apr 16th, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 12:50 PM
Click here to Send Intrepid37 a Private Message Find more posts by Intrepid37 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Seriously? I guess Mace is crappier than I thought. You'd think that a guy who was stalemating Sidious would be comfortably above Ventress in skill.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 01:08 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Intrepid37
Ventress is skilled enough that Mace has to call on all of his skill just to drive her off.

LOL

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 01:16 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Seriously? I guess Mace is crappier than I thought. You'd think that a guy who was stalemating Sidious would be comfortably above Ventress in skill.

Or maybe Mace is overrated, and the difference between duelists of his caliber and Ventress' caliber has been overblown?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 01:19 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Well in that case I suppose the difference between duelists of his caliber and Cade's has been overblown too.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 01:20 PM
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well in that case I suppose he difference between duelists of his caliber and Cade's has been overblown too.

Sure, except none of Cade's feats can match Mace's.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 01:21 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Neither do Ventresses tho. :?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 02:24 PM