KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » DE Palpatine vs. Darth Caedus, Darth Vader ROTJ, Darth Krayt, and Exar Kun

DE Palpatine vs. Darth Caedus, Darth Vader ROTJ, Darth Krayt, and Exar Kun
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

DE Palpatine vs. Darth Caedus, Darth Vader ROTJ, Darth Krayt, and Exar Kun

*Palps drain is disabled

Force, sabers, allout

Old Post May 10th, 2014 02:12 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Dear God.

Old Post May 10th, 2014 02:14 AM
Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

Palpatine dies hard

Old Post May 10th, 2014 02:14 AM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Palps would get shit on most likely.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post May 10th, 2014 02:19 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Sidious falls here lol

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post May 10th, 2014 02:23 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Even this team won't shit on DE Palpatine. Can't deny them the victory though.

Old Post May 10th, 2014 02:26 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

you could probably drop kun or krayt and the team would still win

Old Post May 10th, 2014 02:26 AM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Take out Exar Kun and this would still be an interesting battle.

Sure, Caedus could hold up against Palpatine solo in a lightsaber duel, and Vader and Krayt could provide support like Savage did for Maul, and with that setup Palpatine is at a very serious disadvantage in the duel.

However, if he's able to single out Krayt or Vader, his immense speed and skill would make very short work of them. So the real question here lies with his Force Powers--Would he be able to discard one of the team members making it a two on one? I think that would be a plausible way for Palpatine to have a chance.

However, with all four of them I think that's something of an overload, unless he pulls off his B-Team stunt here and takes out two of them from the get-go.

Old Post May 10th, 2014 02:49 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

I really don't think any of these are the level where anyone can make 'short work' of them.

Old Post May 10th, 2014 02:51 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Really now?

Because sans Caedus, none of these fighters have concretely better lightsaber dueling feats than Maul did. I mean, I myself would argue Vader is superior, but it isn't a very wide margin.

Considering how a significantly weaker incarnation of Sidious completely demolished him in their fight, I can definitely see Sidious making short work of Exar Kun's likes.

Not to mention that again, a much weaker variation of Palpatine completely dominated Dooku with a Force Grip, and none of these fighters are on a level of power that widely outstrips Dooku's.

Any one of these fighters sans possibly Caedus would get annihilated by DE Sidious. United, though, they stand a very strong chance.

Old Post May 10th, 2014 02:56 AM
Q99

quote: (post)

Because sans Caedus, none of these fighters have concretely better lightsaber dueling feats than Maul did.

I've seen Maul take on multiple non-council level masters at once. It does *not* end near as fast as Krayt's taking on four did (a sick, not-at-his-best Krayt at that...).

quote:
I mean, I myself would argue Vader is superior, but it isn't a very wide margin.

Maul, once it was one-on-one vs Palps, lasted for around 20 seconds. That's... *arguably* short work, but I don't think one has to be too much better to qualify as a difficult opponent (a hurdle I think Vader does indeed clear), and it's especially not short work in a multi-on-one duel context.

Even if we assume Exar at Maul level, well, that still puts him at easily good enough to not be made short work of with all the powerful aid around!

Last edited by Q99 on May 10th, 2014 at 06:49 AM

Old Post May 10th, 2014 06:39 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I wonder if any of the fighters would be able to see him move.

Aside from Caedus and Krayt

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 10th, 2014 04:38 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Kun is too powerful to mere be on Mauls level IMO.

Q99 is right, even solo any of these guys give Palps a good fight. As a team he'd be overwhelmed.

Old Post May 10th, 2014 05:03 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Kun being more powerful than Maul doesn't make him a better duelist than he. erm

Solo none of these guys could give DE Sidious a fight barring Caedus.

Old Post May 10th, 2014 06:00 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

The more powerful you are the better duelist you are, almost all the time. Recall that Bane was dominating Kas'im despite being less skilled than him, through sheer power.

Old Post May 10th, 2014 06:02 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

An expert with a rock can defeat a novice with a blaster.

Old Post May 10th, 2014 06:18 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Kun would be speedblitzed by DE Palpatine. No way he'd take him in a fight.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 10th, 2014 06:18 PM
Q99

Originally posted by Nephthys
The more powerful you are the better duelist you are, almost all the time. Recall that Bane was dominating Kas'im despite being less skilled than him, through sheer power.

If you're more powerful in the force, you have two advantages. One, more using the force to amp yourself (though sometimes at the cost of endurance), and two, better able to read your opponent's moves, which can counter skill.

Originally posted by carthage
I wonder if any of the fighters would be able to see him move.

Maul could and Savage could. Heck, so did Fisto, even if he was only able to block one shot.

If they can, then anyone here can.

I think four Exars could take it, let alone throwing Caedus etc. in.

Old Post May 10th, 2014 06:20 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

The only problem with that assessment is that was a weaker version of the Emperor. Granted, I'm not aware of any massive increase in speed between ROTS Palpatine and DE.

Old Post May 10th, 2014 06:22 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by NewGuy01
An expert with a rock can defeat a novice with a blaster.

Kun is hardly a novice.

Its more like two master swordsman, one of which is maybe slightly more skilled and the other is physically superior.

Old Post May 10th, 2014 06:24 PM