KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Yoda vs ROTS Darth Sidious

Yoda vs ROTS Darth Sidious
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Yoda vs ROTS Darth Sidious

Battle takes place in the same place, but there are no soldiers, time constraints, or anything like that, to the death.

1. Sabers

2. H2H

3. Force

3. All-Out

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post May 26th, 2014 09:07 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Wow! This has never been done before! Thanks for the thread Jmanghan!

Old Post May 26th, 2014 09:35 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER

Yoda never really lost, he kinda just gave up :/

I was wondering what would happen if he was forced to defend himself to the death.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post May 26th, 2014 09:36 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by DARTH POWER

thumb up

We see them fight on screen and it was a stalemate /thread.

Old Post May 26th, 2014 12:34 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I'd say Sidious in h2h, and Sidious by a very slight margin in every other match.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post May 26th, 2014 02:42 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by Emperordmb
I'd say Sidious in h2h, and Sidious by a very slight margin in every other match.

(please log in to view the image)

Yoda takes sabers and H2H, force goes to Sidious slightly, and all out is dead even.

The North Remembers

Old Post May 26th, 2014 03:20 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Lord Stark

Yoda takes sabers and H2H, force goes to Sidious slightly, and all out is dead even.

That is definitely non-canon as it is very clearly contradicted by the movie.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post May 26th, 2014 03:22 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

That is definitely non-canon as it is very clearly contradicted by the movie.

N-canon or not, Yoda is fully capable of replicating it. He's stronger than Sidious imo.

The North Remembers

Old Post May 26th, 2014 03:39 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

N-canon or not, Yoda is fully capable of replicating it. He's stronger than Sidious imo.

I analyzed their bladelocks once. Their strength actually seems evenly matched.

Old Post May 26th, 2014 03:47 PM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

I analyzed their bladelocks once. Their strength actually seems evenly matched.

Sidious' facial expressions show he's straining, Yoda's do not. Yoda also later disarms Sidious he's his superior in swordsmanship.

The North Remembers

Old Post May 26th, 2014 03:49 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Sidious' facial expressions show he's straining, Yoda's do not. Yoda also later disarms Sidious he's his superior in swordsmanship.

That's just how they fight. Sidious expresses emotion when he's trying, Yoda on the other hand is dead serious and focused when he's trying.

It never shows how Sidious loses his weapon and there may have been a huge environmental factor in their duel on the podium. So I looked at their other feats and Sidious's performance impresses more than Yoda's performance against Dooku.

Old Post May 26th, 2014 03:54 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Sidious takes this again with mid difficulty.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 26th, 2014 04:52 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

That's just how they fight. Sidious expresses emotion when he's trying, Yoda on the other hand is dead serious and focused when he's trying.

Yoda shows when he's struggling as per him trying to absorb Sidious' lightning.

quote:

It never shows how Sidious loses his weapon and there may have been a huge environmental factor in their duel on the podium. So I looked at their other feats and Sidious's performance impresses more than Yoda's performance against Dooku. [/B]

Nice cop out. Yoda disarmed Sidious fair and square, Sidious retreated into the Grand Convocation chamber because he knew on even ground Yoda would be victorious. Also Yoda's duel with Dooku is pretty irrelevant to this discussion.

The North Remembers

Old Post May 26th, 2014 05:38 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Which is totally why Yoda lost the fight. lol

quote:
Yoda went after Palpatine in the empty Senate chamber, but could not defeat the most powerful Sith Lord in history.
--Taken from The New Essential Chronology

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Last edited by carthage on May 26th, 2014 at 06:03 PM

Old Post May 26th, 2014 06:00 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by carthage

Because one fight is a determinant over which combatant is superior. lol

The North Remembers

Old Post May 26th, 2014 06:12 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

It is. Yoda gave him somewhat of a fight, but Palpatine proved he was superior. There isn't much to add they're on the same tier, but Palpatine edges him out in just about every category. I'm surprised this is so hard to accept.

Old Post May 26th, 2014 06:17 PM
Based
iPinoy

Originally posted by carthage

Remember when Sidious killed Yoda? Yeah, neither do I.

Old Post May 26th, 2014 06:25 PM
Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

No, but I distinctly remember Yoda running after losing

He also couldn't kill Yoda as that would've ****ed up continuity issues with the OT, ergo making Luke being able to defeat Vader a virtual impossibility.

Nice try though thumb up

Old Post May 26th, 2014 06:27 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Yoda admits that he didn't have what it takes to defeat Sidious. That being said they are closer than Carthage seems to think.

Old Post May 26th, 2014 06:28 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I said they were on the same tier, I just said that Palpatine edges him out by a little.

Old Post May 26th, 2014 06:29 PM