KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Revan vs Dooku Sabers Battle

Revan vs Dooku Sabers Battle
Started by: Kotor3

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kotor3

Revan vs Dooku Sabers Battle

The can only use the force to enhance their skill with the saber.

Who wins?

Old Post Jun 4th, 2014 05:13 PM
Click here to Send Kotor3 a Private Message Find more posts by Kotor3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Dooku undoubtedly imo.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jun 4th, 2014 05:14 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Dooku SLAUGHTERHOUSE

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 4th, 2014 05:15 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kotor3

Revan wins.

Saber record:
Reven zero loses
Dooku 2

Old Post Jun 4th, 2014 05:35 PM
Click here to Send Kotor3 a Private Message Find more posts by Kotor3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UltimateAnomaly
Bullletproof Monk

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kotor3
Revan wins.

Saber record:
Reven zero loses
Dooku 2

Right, sure, and by that logic a professional boxer who only fought 10 fights and lost none would beat Ali or Tyson.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2014 05:40 PM
Click here to Send UltimateAnomaly a Private Message Find more posts by UltimateAnomaly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kotor3

Originally posted by UltimateAnomaly
Right, sure, and by that logic a professional boxer who only fought 10 fights and lost none would beat Ali or Tyson.

Except that Dooku is the one with 10 fights in comparison to Revan's 100. Revan is Ali and Tyson.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2014 05:42 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

that's a, err, terribly way to determine who'd win. Dooku only lost swordfights against a swordsman far more competent than Revan (Yoda), so I don't see what ur getting at.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2014 05:44 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kotor3

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
that's a, err, terribly way to determine who'd win. Dooku only lost swordfights against a swordsman far more competent than Revan (Yoda), so I don't see what ur getting at.

Yoda is so much more competent as you state because?

Old Post Jun 4th, 2014 05:49 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

...because he's the greatest swordsman of his era? Because he's noted as arguably the greatest swordsman to have ever lived? because he disarmed Darth Sidious?

Old Post Jun 4th, 2014 06:01 PM
Kotor3

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
...because he's the greatest swordsman of his era? Because he's noted as arguably the greatest swordsman to have ever lived? because he disarmed Darth Sidious?

Out of curiosity where do you put Revan in terms of the great swordsman of Star Wars?

Back to the Dooku and Revan scenario, let’s say Dooku is more skilled which I can accept. He definitely lacks the experience in battle which Revan edges him on greatly. So, I doubt that the separation between skills is that large enough to give Dooku an edge in the fight.

This is in no way a stomp. It can go either way.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2014 06:31 PM
UltimateAnomaly
Bullletproof Monk

Out of curiosity where do you put Revan in terms of the great swordsman of Star Wars?

Back to the Dooku and Revan scenario, let’s say Dooku is more skilled which I can accept. He definitely lacks the experience in battle which Revan edges him on greatly. So, I doubt that the separation between skills is that large enough to give Dooku an edge in the fight.

I'm sorry, but Dooku has dueled Kenobi, Skywalker, Opress and Yoda. That's all the experience he needs. That will outweight the experience Revan has fighting no-name and weak Sith that have no showings whatsoever.

Revan fights primarily with the force. Sabers is not his forte. He's good, but he's more a force combatant.

He's not going to be able to beat Dooku. Who is a master of a form that is all about fighting saber uses.

Dooku stomps in a saber-only battle. Simple.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2014 06:41 PM
Click here to Send UltimateAnomaly a Private Message Find more posts by UltimateAnomaly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Not even close.
quote:

Back to the Dooku and Revan scenario, let’s say Dooku is more skilled which I can accept. He definitely lacks the experience in battle which Revan edges him on greatly.

Revan was at war as Revan for five yearsish.
quote:

So, I doubt that the separation between skills is that large enough to give Dooku an edge in the fight.

Revan is known for Force proficiency as well as Precog, not sabers. Since he can only use Precog here, Dooku stomps. His saber feats are just more impressive.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2014 06:44 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Saying it is a "stomp" is ridiculous. Dooku didn't slaughter Savage...you think he can do the same with Revan? No way.
However there is no denying Dooku wins. It would be a Kenobi vs Dooku type match, not a Padawan vs Dooku which you are all foolishly suggesting.
I recommend reading this: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/da...overview/97613/

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jun 4th, 2014 06:57 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kotor3

Yeah I got it. Revan is known for Force proficiency. Even though every cut scene and picture shows him using his saber, I guess everyone is just assuming that Revan did not win his battles using his saber.

Isn't Kun, Sidious, Dooku to name a few known for there Force proficiency?

I do recall Dooku using the force quite often in battle. Right, most of Revan's battles were against weak no name sith.

You talk about making baseless assumptions.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2014 06:59 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Revan is a master at chaining is lightsaber attacks with his Force prowess, as demonstrated against the Imperial Guard. With the further aid of precognition, he is extremely powerful, and among the best in the mythos, a fact stated in various canonical sources.

However with that being said, he is unable to rely on the Force to give him and advantage over opponents, besides precognition. Dooku is recognized as among the best duelists in the mythos, and while Revan shares great feats, to think he can overcome someone on Dooku's level is not realistic. Though he will undoubtedly press Dooku, and if both contestants have the Force available to them in a fight, the outcome would differ.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jun 4th, 2014 07:05 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kotor3

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Revan is a master at chaining is lightsaber attacks with his Force prowess, as demonstrated against the Imperial Guard. With the further aid of precognition, he is extremely powerful, and among the best in the mythos, a fact stated in various canonical sources.

However with that being said, he is unable to rely on the Force to give him and advantage over opponents, besides precognition. Dooku is recognized as among the best duelists in the mythos, and while Revan shares great feats, to think he can overcome someone on Dooku's level is not realistic. Though he will undoubtedly press Dooku, and if both contestants have the Force available to them in a fight, the outcome would differ.

I can accept this.

However, the word stomp is going around this thread when it shouldn’t. Revan’s war experience has to come in play and it is what will give him a chance.

When Ali fought Foreman, Ali was the more skilled but was over powered by Foreman. He won by using techniques he developed from his experience as a fighter that wore foreman out. Ali being the more experienced fighter.

Same rule applies in any fight. Revan's experience will keep him in this fight and definitely give him a chance to win.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2014 07:14 PM
UltimateAnomaly
Bullletproof Monk

Except it won't. Because as good as Revan might be when it comes to war, and deflecting blasters and such, his saber experience is less than that of Dooku.

Dooku will win with sabers each and every time.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2014 07:17 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Unlikely. Revan's unorthodox style and precognition which even puts the Echani in a daze will probably allow him to get a few victories. Dooku is destined to get the bigger bulk though.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2014 07:21 PM
Kotor3

Originally posted by UltimateAnomaly
His saber experience is less than that of Dooku.

This is based on?

Old Post Jun 4th, 2014 07:26 PM
UltimateAnomaly
Bullletproof Monk

This is based on?

It speaks for itself, honestly. Through the Clone Wars he's fought rather hardcore opponents, who are beyond the level of someone like Malak.

Revan cannot state the same.

Don't get me wrong, I think Revan is awesome and he's one of my favorite characters, I just don't see him outright winning the majority of his fights with Dooku. Who has more saber-to-saber experience than Revan where it counts.

Last edited by UltimateAnomaly on Jun 4th, 2014 at 07:31 PM

Old Post Jun 4th, 2014 07:29 PM