KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Kam Solusar, Kyp Durron, and Corran Horn vs. Darth Caedus, Darth Malgus, and Exar Kun

Kam Solusar, Kyp Durron, and Corran Horn vs. Darth Caedus, Darth Malgus, and Exar Kun
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Kam Solusar, Kyp Durron, and Corran Horn vs. Darth Caedus, Darth Malgus, and Exar Kun

force, sabers, all out

Old Post Jun 10th, 2014 07:00 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Jedi win

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 10th, 2014 07:18 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediMaster97

Not sure about sabers but team 1 loses force and all out due to Corrans lack of TK defenses and Kams lack of feats.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2014 07:31 AM
Click here to Send JediMaster97 a Private Message Find more posts by JediMaster97 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PTforthewin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yea corran is a ****ing joke

"When will you fools learn, no one escapes from Commander Fox!"

Old Post Jun 10th, 2014 07:32 AM
Click here to Send PTforthewin a Private Message Find more posts by PTforthewin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

No, Corran's pretty darn powerful- in *non* TK matters he's exceptionally strong, and he'd likely eat Exar's force blasts like candy and use them to fuel illusions.

I'd go with team 2 here, but team 1 isn't slouches.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2014 09:18 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I wish I could sig that candy part lol

Almost as good as Pt's "Kyle in all my holes"

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 10th, 2014 09:22 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
Jedi win

Lol.

Sith stomp. erm

Old Post Jun 10th, 2014 09:25 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

If there's one thing Horn is really good at, it's energy absorption. Exar's stronger than him, but trying to blast him isn't a good move for anyone.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2014 09:32 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Team 2 (Sith Lords)

Old Post Jun 10th, 2014 09:53 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Frankly I could see any of the Sith solo'ing.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2014 10:45 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Nephthys
Frankly I could see any of the Sith solo'ing.

Now I don't think the Sith are *that* good. All three are on the Jedi Council for their combat capabilities, and Kyp Durron specifically is one of the very strongest in the NJO (noteworthy, Lumiya and Vergere were strongly considering him as a candidate to recruit instead of Jacen, passing him over only due to his attitude. And in terms of actual feats, he TK'ed a freighter to use as an attack).

I am pretty sure Caedus, knowing the trio, would avoid a three-on-one confrontation here if he could avoid it.

Of course, this is a three on *three* confrontation, another matter entirely, but still.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2014 10:56 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Kam has no showings beyond killing some weak Dark Jedi, Kyp is powerful but he also lacks combat feats and Horn is only relevant for his energy absorption.

This team is weaker than the Strike Team Malgus fought and did very well against. Nox is just as powerful as Kyp imo and has superior prowess with the Force and the lightsaber. The Wrath has killed Jedi and Sith beyond these ones as well imo. The Hero is obvious, as is the Barsen'thor. The Champ is near GG level and the rest of the Muggle classes have all killed Sith Lords and powerful Jedi. Malgus can take this team by himself.

Caedus danced around Kyle, who is the equal to any of these guys and is simply on another level from them imo. His combat abilities are undeniable, while these guys are extremely unimpressive in that front. Kyp might have been considered his near equal but he's damn well not shown it.

Exar Kun is Exar Kun. He'd have the most trouble due to Horn's absorption, but I'd still give it to him.

Last edited by Nephthys on Jun 10th, 2014 at 11:13 AM

Old Post Jun 10th, 2014 11:08 AM
Q99

quote:
Kam has no showings beyond killing some weak Dark Jedi, Kyp is powerful but he also lacks combat feats and Horn is only relevant for his energy absorption.

Kam had a sparing session with Horn showing them as peers, and Horn has dueling feats, including against Luke (whom he made fight seriously) and Alema Rar (who Horn was stronger than).

Last edited by Q99 on Jun 10th, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Old Post Jun 10th, 2014 11:23 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Really? I remember Luke fighting a bunch of council members including Horn at once casually at one point.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2014 12:29 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Team 2 stomps, the Kyp is the only guy on Team 1 that can truly compete.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2014 04:32 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Nephthys
Really? I remember Luke fighting a bunch of council members including Horn at once casually at one point.

If he did, Horn wasn't one of the council members in question. If you can remember when, I'd be really curious because I don't remember such an event.

They fought in I, Jedi, and here's Wookiepedia's description: "Horn made the fight brutally physical, forcing Skywalker to invest himself in it and work his hardest."

Horn's physical showings against the vong were also impressive.

And much later on, when Luke was in self-imposed exile, the rest of the council was pushing him to be Grand Master. Saba ended up taking the job because Horn declined.

Basically, while he's not the strongest member of Luke's council, he's in the higher levels of it, sort of their 'Plo Koon' or 'Shaak Ti' so to speak.

Kam's more of a Agen Kolar. A respected combatant, but there's stronger around.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2014 05:25 AM