KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Ulic Qel Droma, and Darth Thanaton vs. Corran Horn, Kit Fisto, and Aayla Secura

Ulic Qel Droma, and Darth Thanaton vs. Corran Horn, Kit Fisto, and Aayla Secura
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Ulic Qel Droma, and Darth Thanaton vs. Corran Horn, Kit Fisto, and Aayla Secura

Force, sabers, all out

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 12th, 2014 06:58 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Could go either way. Horn's absorption can take Thanton's lightning and I don't see Ulic handling Fisto and Secura at once.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 12th, 2014 07:20 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kalen Sykes

Ulic's the best swordsman in the fight. I could see him dueling Corran and Aayla, while Thanaton disposes of Fisto. Then, he could attack either Corran or Aayla (if both are still alive), allowing Ulic to defeat the other opponent. Finally, Thanaton and Ulic destroy the lone combatant, remaining.

Just as an aside, while Corran has the absorption ability, I don't think it would be a game changing factor in this battle. Thanaton has sorcery, so that would level the playing field, too.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2014 08:15 AM
Click here to Send Kalen Sykes a Private Message Find more posts by Kalen Sykes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Was only referencing absorption with regards to Thanaton's lightning, not sure it would work on whatever types of other spells he has. Fisto and Ulic should be close in speed, but with Aayla on him I don't think he'd last long.

Last edited by carthage on Jul 12th, 2014 at 08:23 AM

Old Post Jul 12th, 2014 08:19 AM
Kalen Sykes

I have Fisto fighting Thanaton, while Corran and Aayla fight Ulic. I feel Ulican can hold his own against those two, and I think Thanaton can dospose of Fisto without being pressed too much.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2014 08:37 AM
Click here to Send Kalen Sykes a Private Message Find more posts by Kalen Sykes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I'm not seeing how Thanaton can duel and prep a spell at the same time, he isn't Darth Zannah. His lightning can be absorbed, and while he is a competent duelist, I just don't see how he's going to be able to hold one off and still try use his sorcery.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2014 08:39 AM
Kalen Sykes

I wasn't saying he would use sorcery, just that he had that as an option. As far as his lightning being absorbed, who has shown the ability to do that, on Team 2?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2014 08:42 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Fisto in a straight up duel would gradually overwhelm Thanaton, not enough for a straight up oneshot but he's got better speed feats overall. I got the scenarios mixed up, but even then Ulic would take out Aayla and Corran with high difficulty and would be exhausted and in no place to fight Fisto imo.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2014 08:43 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kalen Sykes
I wasn't saying he would use sorcery, just that he had that as an option. As far as his lightning being absorbed, who has shown the ability to do that, on Team 2?

Horn

Old Post Jul 12th, 2014 08:43 AM
Kalen Sykes

When did Corran absorb Force Lightning?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2014 08:47 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

He used it to absorb electricity from a shock batton

It wasn't FL but he should be able to replicate it against FL IMO.

Granted, one can certainly make the argument Thanaton's lightning might overwhelm him

Old Post Jul 12th, 2014 08:51 AM
Kalen Sykes

He absorbed energy, but he's never absorbed a manifestation of the Force itself, which Force Lightning is. I doubt he would even attempt it. Without prior training, he would open himself up for a killing blast.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2014 08:59 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

-

Old Post Jul 12th, 2014 09:01 AM
S_W_LeGenD

Team 1 would utterly destroy Team 2. This is not a fair contest.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2014 07:47 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

I think it depends a lot on the matchups. Corran's energy absortion makes him well suited to Darth 'Walking Lightning Artillery.' A charged up Horn is a scary thing.

However, if Corran ends up matched against Ulic, he can put up a good fight, possibly win if he has help, but Thanaton has a high chance of blasting his opponents in that case. Only Corran can withstand lightning of that magnitude.

Originally posted by Kalen Sykes
He absorbed energy, but he's never absorbed a manifestation of the Force itself, which Force Lightning is. I doubt he would even attempt it. Without prior training, he would open himself up for a killing blast.

Many characters have absorbed Force Lightning though. Luke, Krayt, Muur, Revan, Wyyrlok... it doesn't seem to be an unusual thing to absorb.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2014 12:48 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

There's also Thanaton's ritual attack to think of.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2014 12:50 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Nephthys
There's also Thanaton's ritual attack to think of.

A potential danger, to be sure, but it depends on what he opens with.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2014 01:02 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Horn isn't strong enough to contend with either Thanaton and Droma in a one-on-one, Horn's companions are also useless in this contest. Team 2 is utterly outgunned.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2014 07:16 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Q99
A potential danger, to be sure, but it depends on what he opens with.

Potential danger?

Its a certified insta-win technique for Thanaton, certainly in this contest.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Jul 13th, 2014 at 07:22 AM

Old Post Jul 13th, 2014 07:18 AM
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Q99
I think it depends a lot on the matchups. Corran's energy absortion makes him well suited to Darth 'Walking Lightning Artillery.' A charged up Horn is a scary thing.

Actually, a charged up Thanaton is a scary thing.

Its one thing to absorb some random bolts of energy but it is an entirely different matter to absorb Sith lightning of such a caliber that it engulfs the entire body, inflicts great pain and can reduce a body to charred husk due to sheer heat if absorption attempt fails.

Originally posted by Q99
However, if Corran ends up matched against Ulic, he can put up a good fight, possibly win if he has help, but Thanaton has a high chance of blasting his opponents in that case. Only Corran can withstand lightning of that magnitude.

This is a speculation, nothing concrete.

Thanaton isn't some "regular" with Sith lightning, he is awfully proficient in the use of this technique. It is not far-fetched to assume that Thanaton will be literally burn entire Team 2 with just his lightning storms. And I am not even considering his other powers.

Originally posted by Q99
Many characters have absorbed Force Lightning though. Luke, Krayt, Muur, Revan, Wyyrlok... it doesn't seem to be an unusual thing to absorb.

Doesn't seems to be an unusual thing? These are few names.

Even the most powerful of the Jedi struggle at containing Sith lightning with bare hands. Do the math.

Horn doesn't have proven credentials in this respect.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Jul 13th, 2014 at 07:34 AM

Old Post Jul 13th, 2014 07:31 AM