KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » TCW Kenobi vs. Barsenthor (Sabers only)

TCW Kenobi vs. Barsenthor (Sabers only)
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

TCW Kenobi vs. Barsenthor (Sabers only)

*Sabers only match

Both are bloodlusted

Battle takes place in the Valley of the Jedi

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 21st, 2014 08:52 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Kenobi. Obviously.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2014 08:57 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Im not sure how capable Barsenthor is with the saber but Kenobi probably takes this.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Jul 21st, 2014 09:04 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Oh, poor Kenobi.......

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jul 21st, 2014 09:15 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kalen Sykes

Obi-Wan wins.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2014 09:19 PM
Click here to Send Kalen Sykes a Private Message Find more posts by Kalen Sykes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

oh wait, sabers only? lmfao.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jul 21st, 2014 09:23 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

quote: (post)
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

I was shocked when I read your first post. big grin

Old Post Jul 21st, 2014 09:25 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Lol, otherwise Kenobi would be obliterated.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2014 10:53 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

I want to laugh but that'd be rude.

Kenobi, no contest.

#InB4LeGenD"Barsen'thor"

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2014 11:55 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Originally posted by Sinious
Im not sure how capable Barsenthor is with the saber

Very good.

Good enough that Qyzen Fess was certain she was his goddess's Herald based on her skill and bravery. I highly doubt he'd think that of just any Jedi.

Good enough to have won numerous lightsabre duels against Jedi Masters, Sith Lords and Children of the Emperor. I know people will go "she won those because of Force abilities," but come on, let's use a little common sense. You don't win that many duels without knowing how to handle a blade.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 12:11 AM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by chilled monkey
Very good.

Good enough that Qyzen Fess was certain she was his goddess's Herald based on her skill and bravery. I highly doubt he'd think that of just any Jedi.

Good enough to have won numerous lightsabre duels against Jedi Masters, Sith Lords and Children of the Emperor. I know people will go "she won those because of Force abilities," but come on, let's use a little common sense. You don't win that many duels without knowing how to handle a blade.

Well sure she knew how to fight with the saber but you don't have to be a saber master to win duels. Darth Nihilus and Emperor Vitiate are the two best examples for that.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 12:29 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Kenobi quite comfortably.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 12:48 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

Very good.

Not sure if parody or serious. Regardless Kenobi easily.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 01:07 AM
Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Well sure she knew how to fight with the saber but you don't have to be a saber master to win duels. Darth Nihilus and Emperor Vitiate are the two best examples for that.

True, but in general winning duels requires a combination of Force master and sabre skill (with exceptions of course). Winning purely on superior Force power usually involves a "huge" gap in power/mastery (i.e. Yoda vs. Ventress in that episode of TCW).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming that the Barsenthor was one of the greatest duelists ever or anything but at the same time I don't understand why some people seem to be under the impression that she had no sabre skills at all.

Originally posted by Based
Not sure if parody or serious.

Totally serious. What was even remotely "parody-esque" about that?

1) Qyzen Fess declared that the Barsenthor had to be the Scorekeeper's Herald. You think he'd say that about anyone?

2) Like I said, she's won lots of lightsabre duels. What other conclusion can be drawn from that other than she's a good duelist?

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 02:58 AM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Being a good duelist isn't enough to defeat Kenobi in a sabers only duel. Especially when the Barsen'thor has next to no saber feats.

Last edited by FreshestSlice on Jul 22nd, 2014 at 03:08 AM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 03:05 AM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

True, but in general winning duels requires a combination of Force master and sabre skill (with exceptions of course). Winning purely on superior Force power usually involves a "huge" gap in power/mastery (i.e. Yoda vs. Ventress in that episode of TCW).

Sith sorcery has proven to be very useful. Especially in swtor era. Barsenthor is like the light side version of that so with a mediocre saber mastery and immense force powers, it is possible to kill powerful opponents without much saber usage.

quote:
Don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming that the Barsenthor was one of the greatest duelists ever or anything but at the same time I don't understand why some people seem to be under the impression that she had no sabre skills at all.

Mostly because the character class in swtor is based on force powers and lack of saber skills.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 03:05 AM
Nalaniel

Kenobi.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 09:48 AM
Click here to Send Nalaniel a Private Message Find more posts by Nalaniel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Force ability always influences performance in lightsaber duels. Always.

Technical proficiency comes in handy but Force ability even more-so.

You may pit Bruce Lee in a fight against a well-trained Force-user but the Force-user would anticipate the moves of the opponent faster and deliver more powerful or effective blows by augmenting physical characteristics to great extent. In the end, Bruce Lee would loose.

Notable examples are within mythos as well.

- The infamous B-Team versus Darth Sidious
- Lord Kas'im versus Darth Bane

The infamous B-Team versus Darth Sidious:

No participant was lacking in technical proficiency in bladework in this contest. But gap in Force ability was massive between the two sides and the outcome apparent accordingly.

Lord Kas'im versus Darth Bane:

Both were powerful Force-users. The former had considerable advantage in proficiency in bladework but the latter made-up against this disparity with his relatively superior command of the Force.

---

In the nutshell, I don't know much about Barsen'thor's proficiency in blade-work but I do suspect that gap in power and Force ability is enormous between the combatants in this contest. If Barsen'thor have decent proficiency in bladework, she can more then make-up for the disparity in skills with a lightsaber in this contest and win. This is the same logic that I subscribe to Revan as well, he isn't a master swordsman based on what is known about his swordsmanship skills at the moment but he will kick @ss of majority with his superior power and command of the Force in a duel.

This being said, I fully acknowledge that Obi-Wan Kenobi is a tough cookie to crack in a strictly lightsaber contest.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 12:22 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Mostly because the character class in swtor is based on force powers and lack of saber skills.

Character classes do not suggest weakness in a particular area, rather greater specialization in a particular area.

Many make the mistake of assuming Consulars are not adept with a lightsaber. In reality, Consulars have the Force as an ever-present ally, reading an opponent's movements, and countering with startling feats of telekinesis. When called upon to use a lightsaber, Consulars strike with elegance, skill, secure in the knowledge that there is no death - only the Force. (Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia)

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 12:27 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Above post repeated mistakenly.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 12:35 PM