KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » The BattleZone! Round 1 Match 6: Revan Reborn vs. Exar Kun

The BattleZone! Round 1 Match 6: Revan Reborn vs. Exar Kun
Started by: XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

The BattleZone! Round 1 Match 6: Revan Reborn vs. Exar Kun

I've decided to revive the BattleZone tournament that I had originally started some months ago, this battle pitting the man who was both Sith and Jedi vs. One of the greatest Ancient Sith Masters. For those who need to remember how the previous matches went:

Darth Talon vs. Asajj Ventress: Ventress

Darth Traya vs. Obi Wan Kenobi: Darth Traya

Darth Thanaton vs. Darth Wyyrlok: Darth Thanaton

Count Dooku vs. Emperor's Wrath II: Count Dooku

Satele Shan vs. Galen Marek: Galen Marek

And now, for the combatants:

(please log in to view the image)

vs:

Terrain:

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 03:04 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Really hard one.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 03:09 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Revan. Even discounting the two quotes he has implying superiority over Exar Kun even as of the Mandalorian Wars, he will still win.
His battle precognition is the ideal counter to Exar Kun's unorthodox lightsaber, and without a nexus, Exar Kun is clearly not superior in Force powers either.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 03:14 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Exar Kun

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 03:33 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Arguments are taken into account moreso than raw votes, FYI.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 03:34 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Will do when I get off of work.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 03:35 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote: (post)
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Arguments are taken into account moreso than raw votes, FYI.

I still find that system lame. (please log in to view the image)
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Though I'll allow it for this duel. (please log in to view the image)

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 03:36 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Also lol @ bringing up Kun's need for a nexus for his gauntlets, there is no quote stating unequivocally that the temple boosted his blasts. Not that he needs his blasts to smash Revan into the ground like Vodo

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 03:37 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

You do realize you have been bested in that argument by myself, Intrepid37, and NewGuy01 at least 3 times each?

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 03:38 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Originally posted by carthage
Also lol @ bringing up Kun's need for a nexus for his gauntlets, there is no quote stating unequivocally that the temple boosted his blasts.

Couldn't you say that for.....alot of nexuses boosting one's power? confused

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 03:38 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Though, since this battle will be decided by the nexus argument, allow myself some time to gather my sources.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 03:40 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Also lol @ bringing up Kun's need for a nexus for his gauntlets, there is no quote stating unequivocally that the temple boosted his blasts.

Holy ****! You have spammed the ****ing nexus argument at every chance you got for characters you hated. But when it comes to Kun it's somehow a faulty argument?

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 03:42 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
You do realize you have been bested in that argument by myself, Intrepid37, and NewGuy01 at least 3 times each?

You failed to provide the quote stating he depended on it for his gauntlets. Whereas, I provided Janus's scan where it stated that the source of his blasts power came from his rage and not Yavin. All Newguy did was rehash his own opinion, and all you did was do the same i,e not provide evidence for your claim. Also I never stated that the nexus wasnt involved, it clearly overpowered his blasts hence why he stated he couldnt control them

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 03:42 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Holy ****! You have spammed the ****ing nexus argument at every chance you got for characters you hated. But when it comes to Kun it's somehow a faulty argument?

No I actually defended Banes TK when he was lifting the stone on Lehon as well. I can pm you the quotes if i need to. This was a secondary discussion in your nexus speculation thread when I was commenting on a post Newguy made, not the Revan vs Kun thread on sWF

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 03:44 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Looking forward to the discussion btw thumb up

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 04:03 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

As am I. This is a versus match in particular that vexes me.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 04:05 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Looking forward to the discussion btw thumb up

It will merely be a slaughter, then you trolling, as always.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 04:07 AM
Based
iPinoy

Jedi Master Gnost Dural: "The Order has long considered Yavin 4 to be an extremely dangerous planet where the dark side is strong, and a place Jedi should avoid at all costs. The evidence of those who have visited Yavin 4 in the past supports this. The dark Jedi Exar Kun visited the planet, and though he was already long past redemption by the time he visited Yavin, evidence suggests that his visit there deepened his connection with the dark side of the Force."

However Gnost also states that Kun achieved "unparalleled" lightsaber proficiency. He'll beat Revan in sabers.

I'll give it to Kun even though his force doesn't stack up because nearly every duel between equally skilled combatants turns into a lightsaber duel.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 05:48 AM
Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Exar Kun in his time was > Vitiate in power, this is enforced in both Tales of the JedI and Star Wars The Old Republic Encyclopedia. Which IMO puts him well above Revan.

The Ancient Sith considered him the true hier to the Golden Age, instead of Vitiate.

As far as Force feats go, Kun can:

-Freeze Lightsabers.

-Offensively Essence Transfer an opponent.

-Force Blast.

-Force Rage to 100,000 times his normal strength.

-Has created Sithspawn including Leviathans and Terentateks as well as the Golden Globe, a variant of Thought Bomb.

-Dark Heal.

-Mass Stun the Senate.

-Absorb Sorcery attacks.

-Force Corrupt.

-Crushed a holocron with his bare hand.

-Penetrate Obsidian temples.

-Easily TK Jedi Masters.

Lightsaber feats:

-Bossed Vodo twice in two different ways, despite Vodo having centuries of experience and being called one of the best Guardians in the history of OR era.

-The absolute master Niman practitioner of all time.

-Was the apparent measuring stick for Sith Warriors in the Sith Empire, not Malgus, Marr, Revan, Malak, Hord or any other.

Again all just off the top of my head.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Last edited by AncientPower on Aug 12th, 2014 at 07:16 AM

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 07:03 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

Originally posted by AncientPower

-Was the apparent measuring stick for Sith Warriors in the Sith Empire, not Malgus, Marr, Revan, Malak, Hord or any other.

I've played through Korriban a few times as a SW and don't recall of Kun being mentioned. You have a screencap or a video?

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 07:51 AM
Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote