KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » RoT Bane vs Reborn Krayt

Who takes this?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Bane wins easily 3 21.43%
Bane has an edge 5 35.71%
Stalemate 0 0%
Krayt has an edge 4 28.57%
Krayt wins easily 2 14.29%
Total: 14 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RoT Bane vs Reborn Krayt
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

RoT Bane vs Reborn Krayt

Neutral setting

as always,
sabers, force, all-out

Who wins?

Old Post Aug 20th, 2014 03:38 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

I'm surprised the first vote was in Krayt's favor, he doesn't seem to get all that much respect. Having said that, I give Bane the edge stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 20th, 2014 04:01 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Krayt kicks the everloving shit out of Bane

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 20th, 2014 04:57 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

It depends on how the orbalisks would react to Dark Transfer. Bane is reckless enough that that Krayt likely could get a hand on him. If the orbalisks protect him from that, he wins. Otherwise Krayt might take the surprise win.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2014 05:02 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
It depends on how the orbalisks would react to Dark Transfer. Bane is reckless enough that that Krayt likely could get a hand on him. If the orbalisks protect him from that, he wins. Otherwise Krayt might take the surprise win.

Well if Krayt tries to place a hand on Bane, even though Bane doesn't focus on defending much of his body, he would still probably cut it off as an offensive maneuver.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Aug 20th, 2014 05:04 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Yeah, that's a good point I guess. Though idk, I can see Krayt lasting a while at least. Think a Dooku vs Yoda type thing. So maybe he could do it.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2014 05:08 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nalaniel

Bane has an edge.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2014 05:10 PM
Click here to Send Nalaniel a Private Message Find more posts by Nalaniel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Well if Krayt tries to place a hand on Bane, even though Bane doesn't focus on defending much of his body, he would still probably cut it off as an offensive maneuver.

It's not like he'd just put a hand on randomly. He'd do it when Bane's saber is occupied or such- Darth Krayt is a very good duelist.

Also, once the dark transfering starts, Bane's dying really fast, there's not much opportunity *to* cut.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2014 05:23 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Trocity
I'm surprised the first vote was in Krayt's favor, he doesn't seem to get all that much respect. Having said that, I give Bane the edge stick out tongue

I think he's been getting more respect recently, and people are more aware of/have been using his Reborn form more.

This isn't Orbalisk Bane, so IMO Krayt does have a good edge. He's got tons of force knowledge, good lightning defense, very impressive duelist, more experienced...

Orby vs Reborn would be a better matchup.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2014 05:35 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Originally posted by Q99
I think he's been getting more respect recently, and people are more aware of/have been using his Reborn form more.

This isn't Orbalisk Bane, so IMO Krayt does have a good edge. He's got tons of force knowledge, good lightning defense, very impressive duelist, more experienced...

I agree with everything you said about Krayt. However, this is Orbalisk Bane I thought, and so that is why I gave him the edge.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2014 05:39 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Q99

This is orbalisk Bane...

Plus I don't consider the gap between the two to be large.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Aug 20th, 2014 05:40 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

He's more powerful and more protected. Sure he's slower, but the orbalisks alone give Bane the edge here.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2014 05:48 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by Nephthys
Though idk, I can see Krayt lasting a while at least. Think a Dooku vs Yoda type thing.

The power gap between Bane and Krayt doesn't seem to be that big.

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
He's more powerful and more protected. Sure he's slower, but the orbalisks alone give Bane the edge here.

Orbalisks is a big asset but can also get Bane killed pretty quickly here.If Bane's slower, all the easier for Krayt to grab him and dark transfer FTW.

Last edited by Stigma on Aug 20th, 2014 at 06:25 PM

Old Post Aug 20th, 2014 06:23 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by Q99

ROT is Orbalisk Bane. DOE Bane is fodder to Krayt.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 20th, 2014 06:28 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Stigma

Orbalisks is a big asset but can also get Bane killed pretty quickly here.If Bane's slower, all the easier for Krayt to grab him and dark transfer FTW.

He's not that much slower and is considerably more powerful.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2014 06:33 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
He's not that much slower and is considerably more powerful.

Perhaps, but what's interesting is that Bane's biggest advantage, Orbalisk, can easily be his undoing here.

I rank them in the same tier power-wise, with Bane having more powerful FL and Krayt having devastating "fatality" move aka Dark Transfer.

Saber-wise I'm not sure who is better, but if Krayt is even marginally faster as you say, I give him a win in sabers. Besides, Krayt has more experience and feasibly should have more skill too.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2014 06:46 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Bane is the faster, stronger, and more powerful force here. However, Krayt's special ability is one of the few things that could change the game completely here.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2014 06:54 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by carthage
ROT is Orbalisk Bane. DOE Bane is fodder to Krayt.

Oops. Then yea, this is a good fight, I think both have a good chance.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2014 07:09 PM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Krayt lightning fries his orbalisks and he dies? Krayt's lightning was damn powerful, dusting stone blocks and killing multiple Rakghouls in one burst.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 03:24 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Bane's lightning could disintegrate people casually. It's more likely that he'd fry Krayt.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 09:23 AM