KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Shaak Ti Vs Saesee Tiin

Shaak Ti Vs Saesee Tiin
Started by: Fated Xtasy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Shaak Ti Vs Saesee Tiin

Supposedly, Shaak Ti herself believed Saesee Tiin to be her superior, but i'm curious is that true? In a fight between these two would Shaak Ti lose? let's find out.

Lightsaber Combat.

Force Powers.

All-Out.

In all honesty, i don't understand the notion that Cin Drallig > Shaak Ti, because it was stated "He was the most proficient duelist in the temple at that time"(which included Shaak Ti) And you can argue that, Shaak Ti admitted that Tiin was her superior, but we all know that Jedi are always humble, i mean, it would be a bit out of character for a Jedi to say that don't you think? erm

Anyway who wins?

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 06:45 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Joker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ti said Tiin > herself? I didn't know that.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 07:07 PM
Click here to Send King Joker a Private Message Find more posts by King Joker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nalaniel

Shaak Ti. Tiin isn't really impressive, in my opinion.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 07:24 PM
Click here to Send Nalaniel a Private Message Find more posts by Nalaniel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

Tiin.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 07:30 PM
Click here to Send Marco1907 a Private Message Find more posts by Marco1907 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

quote: (post)
Originally posted by King Joker
Ti said Tiin > herself? I didn't know that.

That's the thing, Shaak Ti didn't specifically say "Tiin is better than me" Here's the quote that B-team fans like to use a lot.

"I'm the chosen one. My place is there." His breathing roughened, and he looked as if he was getting even sicker. "I have to be there. That's the prophecy, isn't it? I have to be there—"
"Anakin, why? The Masters are the best of the Order. What can you possibly do?"

- Revenge Of The Sith.

That's an impressive accolade and when it comes to Mace, Kit Fisto and even Kolar i won't argue with it. But Saesee Tiin has absolutely no dueling feats that show he is above or even near Shaak Ti.

Originally posted by Nalaniel
Shaak Ti. Tiin isn't really impressive, in my opinion.

thumb up

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 07:31 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Tiin underrated as f***. Though I agree that Shaak wins.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 07:47 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Joker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Shaak impresses me more, so I'll give her the win.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 08:58 PM
Click here to Send King Joker a Private Message Find more posts by King Joker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Shaak Ti takes this one.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 10:07 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Ti takes sabers, Tiin takes force, Ti takes all out with mid-high difficulty

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 10:25 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

http://media.moddb.com/images/group..._Even_Piell.jpg

I question whether or not that stuff is canon, but it does further establish that Shaak Ti is a extremely powerful Jedi master. this is further supported by Ti being established as follows.

"Shaak Ti is a master of the Makashi and Ataru forms in addition to her Legendary strength in the force. Known far as a cunning and serene Jedi, only the most skilled of the Order could stand against her!
-Star Wars: Adventures

Her martial prowess is further shown in her fight with an army of Magna-Guards. were she takes on them alone. not to mention she was able to break a Magna-Guards head with her knee during that fight and was proficient with a electro staff as well as Jar'Kai.

(please log in to view the image)

Even at her peak, Shaak Ti gave Starkiller hell and would have killed him were it not for this.

"On her last three words, she struck three blows that partially found their mark. The first burned a sizzling line down the apprentice's left shoulder. The second scored diagonally across his chest. The third would have skewered his right eye had he not held her back at the last minute with a desperate telekinetic block that stopped her lightsaber barely a millimeter from his skin. He could feel his eyelashes and eyebrows burning. The right side of his sight was entirely blue.
She gasped and staggered backward. Her lightsaber and her gaze dropped. A full half meter of red blade emerged from her stomach, then the rest came free with a hiss.

- The Force Unleashed

Her losses were all circumstantial, with Grevious she and the other jedi had been fighting the droids and were easily dispatched due to exhaustion. In her fight with grevious on corousant, exhaustion played a huge part as she and her fellow jedi spent the their time jumping from building and fighting magna-guards, not to mention she fought them alone and then pushed herself to her limit by using force speed to it highest degree, this, coupled with the fact that she fought against an army of magna-guards and even tanked hits from an electro staff, was obviously why Grevious was able to defeat her on Corousant.

Shaak Ti is extremely talented with the blade and her force powers are just as deadly. While Tiin is impressive, he doesn't have much in terms of actual feats, while Ti has both Hype, Accolades and Feats to support her as both a duelist an a force user. So this - in my opinion. is why Shaak Ti is on a higher level than both Drallig and Tiin. Though that is just my opinion.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 05:08 AM
McP

They are probaly about equal in terms of skill of lightsaber, but Ti's Makashi is superior to Tiin's Djem So. She may take slight edge.
Tiin's stronger Force user, especially in terms of TK (his TK's raw power was superior to Mace's). He takes the edge here, even without his telepathy. But it Ti wont be able to defend herself against his telepathy, and he will be able to read her moves from her mind, then she's doomed.

Imo Tiin takes all-out - his advantage in the Force is greater then Shaak's in the saber.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 06:31 AM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
http://media.moddb.com/images/group..._Even_Piell.jpg

I question whether or not that stuff is canon, but it does further establish that Shaak Ti is a extremely powerful Jedi master. this is further supported by Ti being established as follows.

"Shaak Ti is a master of the Makashi and Ataru forms in addition to her Legendary strength in the force. Known far as a cunning and serene Jedi, only the most skilled of the Order could stand against her!
-Star Wars: Adventures

Where are those stats from? Are there more like them?

At a glance, nothing strikes me as obviously off. Shaak is certainly more relatively skillful than Even.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 06:57 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

There are more like them, yeah. It's from the TCWA databanks.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 12:30 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Have the images for the rest?

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 05:48 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Stats are non canon, per che They're considered Game mechanics and are non canon. There are similar stats in all the campaign guides, the only ones anyone ver uses are Strength Dexterity and constitution, as what those stats actually mean is explained.

Anyway, I've never liked that quote. Ti has left behind because she was the most charismatic and tactically sound Jedi left, one who could save the order should they fail, not because she wasn't on the level of those that left to fight Palpatine.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 05:53 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by Selenial
Anyway, I've never liked that quote. Ti has left behind because she was the most charismatic and tactically sound Jedi left, one who could save the order should they fail, not because she wasn't on the level of those that left to fight Palpatine.

Yeah, that's what i thought too. I mean she must have been considered strong to be left to guard the temple along with Drallig/Serra Keto. Not to mention, it would make a lot of sense, considering she is stated to be a master tactician and has lead the defense of a battle before, so leaving her behind to guard the temple with Drallig and Serra would make a lot of sense. Just my opinion though.

Originally posted by Q99
Have the images for the rest?

Sorry, i don't have any other images besides that one, I just found it by luck.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 05:58 PM
Jmanghan

bump

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 08:14 PM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Ti obviously. Tiin’s best feat is dying to Sid in 0,00000001 seconds

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 09:40 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I mean, now-a-days we have more respect for accolades, and if someone's stated to be above somebody, by that person, and others, that should make that person better.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 11:03 PM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Tiin was probably better yeah...17 years before Shaak's prime.

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 11:18 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote