KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Anakin (Full Potential) vs. GM Luke

Anakin (Full Potential) vs. GM Luke
Started by: Angelalex242

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Angelalex242

Anakin (Full Potential) vs. GM Luke

A draw in terms of raw power...who'd win? It is mostly a battle of personality and technique. Perhaps even philosophy.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2014 10:40 PM
Click here to Send Angelalex242 a Private Message Find more posts by Angelalex242 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Anakin would win in a fight.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2014 10:53 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

The Chosen One

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Dec 11th, 2014 11:02 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Angelalex242

Eh. In Luke's favor, his philosophy more properly embodies the Jedi, and his saber skills surpass his father's, considering even Vader only use 4 forms in his style, where Luke uses all 7. He is also wiser then his father. In a battle of equals, what's in your head and heart decides.

As raw power is pretty close to even...I'm actually in favor of Luke beating dear old dad.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2014 11:37 PM
Click here to Send Angelalex242 a Private Message Find more posts by Angelalex242 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity

You think Luke is twice as powerful as Sids?

Or more powerful I guess since you think he would take full potential Ani?

Last edited by Trocity on Dec 12th, 2014 at 12:00 AM

Old Post Dec 11th, 2014 11:58 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Angelalex242

Certainly. Mostly on the basis of the comment by Lucas that GM Luke has become everything Anakin was supposed to be. Thus, I consider it a fundamental draw but for philosophy.

GM Luke occasionally suffers from 'Strong As He Needs to Be'...but if Anakin got where he should be going, he'd suffer from that too.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2014 12:00 AM
Trocity

I always thought that meant more like he became the Jedi Anakin was supposed to be. I dunno, Luke has enormous feats and skill but I've never thought he was twice as powerful as Sidious, especially when you consider DE feats.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2014 12:03 AM
Angelalex242

Well, that's what the thread is for, I suppose. What did Lucas mean by 'achieving all his father should've been' as my thread is based on this being mostly a draw.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2014 12:08 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

If luke had become all that Anakin would have been , Abeloth wouldn't have been a problem.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Dec 12th, 2014 12:15 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Angelalex242

Eh. Aboleth is pretty OP. I'm not convinced Anakin's Full Potential woud've done it better. After all, the corollary of Anakin Full Potential=GM Luke is that GM Luke=Full Potential Anakin

So he'd do no better, and no worse, then his son.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2014 12:22 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Anakin just about stomps, though it's not like he would ever have achieved his full potential anyway.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2014 12:34 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Angelalex242
Eh. Aboleth is pretty OP. I'm not convinced Anakin's Full Potential woud've done it better. After all, the corollary of Anakin Full Potential=GM Luke is that GM Luke=Full Potential Anakin

So he'd do no better, and no worse, then his son.

GM Luke doesn't equal full potential Anakin, so this point is moot. Abeloth on the other hand is about on level with the ones, and Anakin was able to overpower two of them at once. Luke can't even compete.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2014 12:52 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

Anakin....

Old Post Dec 12th, 2014 12:59 AM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity

Didn't Luke say Abeloth was like 13 times stronger than him or so?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2014 01:24 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Trocity
Didn't Luke say Abeloth was like 13 times stronger than him or so?

Omniscient perspective said a dozen.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Dec 12th, 2014 01:26 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Pretty sure that was from Luke's POV.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2014 01:27 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity

Yeah, I remember it being Luke's opinion.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2014 01:29 AM
Angelalex242

Anakin overpowered 2 of the Ones...on Mortis.

We've never seen what Luke would be like on Mortis. Is there any evidence he could do as well? Fighting Aboleth off Mortis has to be harder then defeating a One on Mortis.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2014 02:30 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

The Ones can use Mortis, and there's no proof anyone besides them and Anakin can, so...point?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2014 02:36 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Angelalex242

What makes you think the ability to use Mortis hasn't been inherited?

It almost feels like if Anakin had become the father...then Luke and Leia may well have been replacement son and replacement daughter. For obvious reasons.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2014 02:48 AM