KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Nihilus vs Vitiate

Nihilus vs Vitiate
Started by: ILS

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nihilus vs Vitiate

Fight!

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2014 04:41 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I'm siding with Vitiate.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Dec 28th, 2014 04:41 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 28th, 2014 04:49 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

LOL

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2014 04:56 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Nihilus

Old Post Dec 28th, 2014 05:09 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red8

Nihilus

Old Post Dec 28th, 2014 06:36 PM
Click here to Send red8 a Private Message Find more posts by red8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Nihilus goes to town.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2014 07:08 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Do people put so little stock in Vitiate's statements of being more powerful than Nihilus?

Old Post Dec 28th, 2014 07:14 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

MOST POWERFUL DOESNT ALWAYS MEAN WINNER BRO

Old Post Dec 28th, 2014 07:15 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I wasn't aware that line of reasoning was widely accepted. I'd be surprised if it was.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2014 07:17 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

It is.

Why does power matter in a 1v1 when Nihilus can devour you?
Like, perhaps he can't sever vitiate from the force in his usual drain manner due to the power, but he can TK him like a ***** and then do it.

Vitiate just doesn't have many 1v1 showings and relies a lot on rituals. Not a bad thing, just the reason he'd lose against Sidious and Nihilus even if he was more powerful.

Not Vitiate bashing, his style is great for galaxy wide shit, just not duels.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2014 07:23 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Why does the drain matter when Vitiate can dominate his mind?

I would be hesitant to say that Nihilus could devour Vitiate. Vitiate's power and the nature of his spirit and self is a very strange and unique case, though also very similar to Nihilus' own state. Personally I feel that coming down on either side of the question would be highly speculative. Also if Nihilus can TK Vitiate like a B*tch (which I doubt), Vitiate can zap him right back like a b*tch.

Also Vitiate doesn't reply alot on rituals. That is just the fanon interpretation of him. An over-reliance on rituals is never stated to be a weakness of his.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2014 07:28 PM
Angelalex242

Vitiate can block the drain, so he wins.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2014 07:47 PM
Click here to Send Angelalex242 a Private Message Find more posts by Angelalex242 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

Nihilus doesn't do drain, I have explained this multiple times on this forum with in game quotes. He directly and instantly devours an entities connection with the force, and life itself. He doesn't consumer your energy, your life force, or your force reserves, rather he devours your connections that connect you with life and the force.

There is no counter for this, absolutely nothing in the mythos stops this nor can it be learned or taught. No one but Nihilus has this ability, all according to in game quotes word for word.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2014 08:01 PM
Click here to Send Board Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Board Walker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Board Walker
There is no counter for this, absolutely nothing in the mythos stops this nor can it be learned or taught. No one but Nihilus has this ability, all according to in game quotes word for word.

Actually Traya, the Exile and the Sith Assassin's all utilise the same technique in some manner.

"The sect of assassins that chase you feed on the Force... what he does is simply the pinnacle of what they could achieve, in time."

Old Post Dec 28th, 2014 08:07 PM
Board Walker

Originally posted by Nephthys
Actually Traya, the Exile and the Sith Assassin's all utilise the same technique in some manner.

"The sect of assassins that chase you feed on the Force... what he does is simply the pinnacle of what they could achieve, in time."

If you would quote my entire post, and not just one sentence you would see that closely after that follows something close to "His power can't be taught, it can't be learned" and that he devours an entities connection not just their force energy.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2014 08:08 PM
Click here to Send Board Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Board Walker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Board Walker
If you would quote my entire post, and not just one sentence you would see that closely after that follows something close to "His power can't be taught, it can't be learned" and that he devours an entities connection not just their force energy.

I didn't quote the rest of your post because I agreed with it or didn't see anything objectionable. And Traya, the Exile and the Sith Assassin's weren't taught the technique. They learned it through instinct, through experiencing it's effects first hand.

(please log in to view the image)

“It is the teaching of these new Sith, to feed on others, on other Force Sensitives. They are symptomatic of the wound in the Force. You are a breach that must be closed. You transmit your pain, your suffering through the Force.”

“What if other Jedi went to war as you did, suffered the same events, and emerged as you did. What if there was a crucible that trained such Jedi to consume and kill?”

“For you, Malachor was that crucible.”

“What's worse, is these Sith that we face... I fear that they have learned the lesson of Malachor all too well. It is what allows them to prey on Force users, to become stronger when Force Sensitives are near.”

“Somehow, they have learned their hunger from you. And so you have brought about the end of the Jedi, and perhaps all the knowledge of the Force.”

Revan and the Triumvirate used Malachor as a crucible to enable others to learn the technique. They didn't need to teach anything, just let instinct and experience do the work.

(btw the Jedi Masters are ****ing retards for not putting two and two together and thinking "Hmmm, maybe the Sith are on Malachor!")

Last edited by Nephthys on Dec 28th, 2014 at 08:23 PM

Old Post Dec 28th, 2014 08:16 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Nephthys
Do people put so little stock in Vitiate's statements of being more powerful than Nihilus?

Yes, and he wins.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2014 08:59 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aurbere

Nihilus is the shadow in which all life dies. Vitiate, being alive, dies.

Provided Vitiate is worthy of Nihilus' attention. stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 29th, 2014 03:39 AM
Click here to Send Aurbere a Private Message Find more posts by Aurbere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Vitiate.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Dec 29th, 2014 03:51 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote