KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Kyp Durron vs. DoE Bane

Kyp Durron vs. DoE Bane
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Kyp Durron vs. DoE Bane

No prep time/no amp.

Neutral setting.

Who wins?

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 02:17 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
appletonia
major studmuffin

Bane.

27/01/16 - DarthAnt66 - 91 days

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 02:26 PM
Click here to Send appletonia a Private Message Find more posts by appletonia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Atm I think Kyp wins via vastly superior TK. Kyp can move black holes, Bane's got nothing on that.

Last edited by Stigma on Feb 14th, 2015 at 02:32 PM

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 02:27 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
appletonia
major studmuffin

Black hole moving Kyp would defeat Bane and the vast, vast majority of Force Users. But that isn't how he is consistently portrayed, much like Luke.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 02:34 PM
Click here to Send appletonia a Private Message Find more posts by appletonia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

And?

So you don't like the feat, too bad.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 02:35 PM
appletonia
major studmuffin

I love the feat and have been one of Kyp's few supporters over the years on the basis of that feat. It's not about disliking the feat, it's about the feat not being a reflection of how Kyp is conistently portrayed as being. You want to use that Kyp, that's fine, but you need to make a note of that in the OP. Just like we wouldn't use Mace's CW feats unless we specify it's that particular potrayal of the character we're using.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 02:43 PM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

wut?

Character's feats define said character unless they were amped. It's Kyp's high-end showing, no doubt. But that's ok.

I don't need to specify every time that only high-end showings apply. That's silly.

Unless we talk about specific incarnations of characters, like, say, TPM Kenobi and ANH Kenobi. But that's it.

Last edited by Stigma on Feb 14th, 2015 at 02:55 PM

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 02:53 PM
The_Tempest

Kyp; moderate ease.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 03:01 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
appletonia
major studmuffin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Kyp; moderate ease.

I understand you have your preferences Tempest but you should really know better than joining in with and aligning yourself with the new breed of trolls at this forum, simply because they troll against the characters that you don't like. Unless you want his place, which was once a really good platform for debate, to turn into a place overrun with Carthage's antics and trolling.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 03:07 PM
The_Tempest

You really should stop projecting your own quirks onto others, app. Bane's good, Kyp is just better. thumb up

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 03:11 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
appletonia
major studmuffin

Originally posted by Stigma
Character's feats define said character unless they were amped.

How about instead of looking at what defines the combat prowess of a character (which I presume is what you mean), you look at what defines a character in the first place? And in a collaborative universe filled with inconsistencies as the SW universe is, it's not the outliers that define the character, it's consistent, regular potrayals.

quote:
It's Kyp's high-end showing, no doubt. But that's ok.

I don't need to specify every time that only high-end showings apply. That's silly.

There's a difference between a high end feat or one of a character's best feats, and then feats that are so over the top that they are completely incompatible with how the character is usually shown to operate. The black whole feat falls into the latter catagory.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 03:48 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Kyp slaughters

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 04:27 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Bane, comfortably.

Originally posted by appletonia
I understand you have your preferences Tempest but you should really know better than joining in with and aligning yourself with the new breed of trolls at this forum, simply because they troll against the characters that you don't like. Unless you want his place, which was once a really good platform for debate, to turn into a place overrun with Carthage's antics and trolling.

Tempest has done nothing but encourage the trolls and attempted to add fuel to the fire and join in with them. TBH the only things he does these days is troll, albeit in a less aggressive and offensive way.

Last edited by Nephthys on Feb 14th, 2015 at 04:50 PM

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 04:48 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by The_Tempest
You really should stop projecting your own quirks onto others, app. Bane's good, Kyp is just better. thumb up

Better in every possible way thumb up

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

@ Neph, wow Bane will defend against Kyp's TK? Just curious.

carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

He cant. Bane has no barrier feats at all to suggest he can't get ragdolled.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 04:51 PM
The_Tempest

Originally posted by Nephthys
Tempest has done nothing but encourage the trolls and attempted to add fuel to the fire and join in with them. TBH the only things he does these days is troll, albeit in a less aggressive and offensive way.

I've done nothing to encourage your behavior, actually, and have done everything to try to curtail it bar complaining to moderators. But your hatred for Sidious and the PT has just spun wildly out of control.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 04:53 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Bane, comfortably.

Not sure how your constant "Claiming X feat is overrated" is any less trollish, and you constantly violate REXX'S additional rule by dragging out conversations in spite of losing arguments.

But ok everyone else is a troll roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 04:55 PM
The_Tempest

Pretty sure Badabing recently and publicly admonished the dissenters for their thin skin. Not sure why some can't tolerate a difference in opinion. Feel free to protest and disagree, but to shout "troll!" every single time someone doesn't conform to the (frankly unpopular) notion that Bane is some demigod is pretty silly.

JM2C

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 04:58 PM
appletonia
major studmuffin

Bane, comfortably.

👍

I understand that you like having the forum accept Sidious as the most powerful Sith, and the PT era as the golden age of lightsaber prowess, and the general dominance of the likes of Yoda, Vader and various other movie characters, but it shouldn't be that way at the expense of turning the forum into a place filled with juvenile trolling and such a narrowminded environment that really inhibits having a good well thought out discussion.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 04:58 PM