KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Boba Fett vs Ulic Qel-Droma

Boba Fett vs Ulic Qel-Droma
Started by: ILS

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Boba Fett vs Ulic Qel-Droma

It's 3996BBY. Mandalore has challenged Ulic Qel-Droma to a death battle. This time, however, instead of Mandalore the Indomitable, Ulic will be facing Boba Fett.

Boba has his Beskar armor, a vibrosword, and the rest of his full armament. Ulic has his lightsaber and the Force. All out fight.

Who takes it?

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 05:09 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Ulic pretty easy.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 05:15 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

How would he win easily?

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 05:17 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

By running up to him and whooping his ass?

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 05:19 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's after getting past issues such as distance, environment, flight, energy projectiles, explosives, lightsaber-resistant armor and Fett's own fighting skill, right?

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 05:21 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Yeah. Boba's got nothing that'll get through his shields when heavy cannon fire failed and Boba is utterly outmatched by a Jedi like Ulic in melee, no matter how tough his armor is.

I mean, Jaden beat him. erm

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 05:29 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ulic can't really do much in the way of winning if he just keeps his barrier up forever. And I wouldn't say Boba is "utterly outmatched" considering he was giving RotS-ish Obi-Wan bother in CQC when he was thirteen years old. :/ He does have some low showings in his appearances as a game-boss, but then that happens to a lot of villains in Star Wars, so I don't get hung up over it.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 05:33 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I thought you didn't care about that trash show and it's ridiculous power-levels. Anakin also got beat up by Clovis, so I guess he'd snap Jedi in half or something.

And I don't see why Ulic can't win if he keeps his shields up. Its not a Force Bubble, he can still move while doing it. Boba will run out of tricks before Ulic does. He can't evade forever. And as a Jedi Ulic has an undeniable and vast advantage in sabers. It's not like TotJ era Jedi couldn't break Mando Iron through sheer strength either.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 05:38 PM
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ILS
Ulic can't really do much in the way of winning if he just keeps his barrier up forever.

He kind of can

The sort of power Ulic can generate with the force is a good deal above what most of Fett's conventional equipment can actually generate

Without PIS/CIS?

Most of these none force users kind of get their teeth kicked in

Or maybe you're an advocate of Spider-man legitimately beating the Herald Firelord :hmm

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 05:40 PM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Ulic. Easily.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 05:43 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wasn't referencing TCW. It happened in The Last of the Jedi: Dark Warning

Since when can one move around while holding up a barrier? I've only ever seen Force Users maintain one while stationary. That seemed to be the case when Ulic dropped it to flip towards Indomitable in their fight.

If Boba realizes that Ulic is going to sit on a barrier forever (which isn't even a favoured tactic of Ulic's; he's far more aggressive than that), Boba would either wait him out or find other methods of getting to him, i.e blowing up the chain he's standing on.

And I think you're seriously overblowing Ulic's melee advantage. Boba's got a myriad of CQC weapons to bring to bear, enough hand-to-hand skill to contend with people of Ulic's class for a little while, and armor that Ulic's lightsaber will bounce off of, which he won't be expecting.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 05:43 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ChaosTheory123
He kind of can

The sort of power Ulic can generate with the force is a good deal above what most of Fett's conventional equipment can actually generate

Without PIS/CIS?

Most of these none force users kind of get their teeth kicked in

Or maybe you're an advocate of Spider-man legitimately beating the Herald Firelord :hmm
So you're telling me that Ulic is going to win the fight by holding up a barrier until Fett dies of old age?

Not sure if your comparison works.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 05:45 PM
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Given how he kind of bum rushed through Ommin's bolts of hatred?

Yeah

It kind of does

Or we can assume he's about as smart as the average Jedi shown in TCW cartoon and assume he'll forget he has super powers I guess :hmm

I mean, Kenobi, Anakin, even Dooku all come off as bumbling idiots on a few occasions there as far as that goes.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 05:47 PM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by ILS
I wasn't referencing TCW. It happened in The Last of the Jedi: Dark Warning

Since when can one move around while holding up a barrier? I've only ever seen Force Users maintain one while stationary. That seemed to be the case when Ulic dropped it to flip towards Indomitable in their fight.

If Boba realizes that Ulic is going to sit on a barrier forever (which isn't even a favoured tactic of Ulic's; he's far more aggressive than that), Boba would either wait him out or find other methods of getting to him, i.e blowing up the chain he's standing on.

And I think you're seriously overblowing Ulic's melee advantage. Boba's got a myriad of CQC weapons to bring to bear, enough hand-to-hand skill to contend with people of Ulic's class for a little while, and armor that Ulic's lightsaber will bounce off of, which he won't be expecting.

Whatever. You really think Obi-Wan was going seriously at a 13 year old? Please. Or maybe Obi-Wan is just a pussy.

Since the Brotherhood era Sith used barriers literally all the time in combat? Since when does a Force shield require so much effort and concentration that you can't move?

I don't really see how it matters. Boba shoots at him, Ulic deflects. Boba uses his flamethrower, Ulic shields. Boba uses explosives, Ulic shields. There's nothing he can do here. We saw how this fight went in AotC.

Recall that Ulic himself was skilled and physically fit enough to hold off an enraged Jedi in sabers without the Force. So he's already comparable to Boba without the use of the Force. Add the vast amplification that the Force gives to his speed, strength (like Ulic would probably rip Boba's head off with his bare hands bro) and reflexes plus precognition and he'd kick Boba's ass in a lightsaber duel. His strength and speed alone would overwhelm him in a few attacks probably.

Last edited by Nephthys on Feb 20th, 2015 at 05:56 PM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 05:54 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm pretty sure it was Ulic's inherent Force resistance that allowed him to resist Ommin's sorcery, not the gleaming barrier he erected against Mandalore.

That Ulic is a physical fighter doesn't mean he's unintelligent. I'm just choosing not to ignore his character motives. The number of times he's engaged any opponent in melee is gargantuan compared to the times he's shut their windpipes with TK. Notable examples being any battlefield he's been on, the palace guards/beast riders he fought on Onderon, the lone, non-Force sensitive fodder assassin he chose to run up to and kill with his lightsaber, etc. If accounting for Ulic's fighting tendencies isn't enough I can just stipulate that he's not allowed to Force choke Boba, I guess.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 05:59 PM
ares834

Originally posted by Nephthys
Whatever. You really think Obi-Wan was going seriously at a 13 year old? Please. Or maybe Obi-Wan is just a pussy.

Since the Brotherhood era Sith used barriers literally all the time in combat? Since when does a Force shield require so much effort and concentration that you can't move?

I don't really see how it matters. Boba shoots at him, Ulic deflects. Boba uses his flamethrower, Ulic shields. Boba uses explosives, Ulic shields. There's nothing he can do here. We saw how this fight went in AotC.

Recall that Ulic himself was skilled and physically fit enough to hold off an enraged Jedi in sabers without the Force. So he's already comparable to Boba without the use of the Force. Add the vast amplification that the Force gives to his speed, strength (like Ulic would probably rip Boba's head off with his bare hands bro) and reflexes plus precognition and he'd kick Boba's ass in a lightsaber duel. His strength and speed alone would overwhelm him in a few attacks probably.

And he can crush Boba's throat with a gesture. Don't forget that.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 06:00 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Originally posted by ILS
I'm pretty sure it was Ulic's inherent Force resistance that allowed him to resist Ommin's sorcery, not the gleaming barrier he erected against Mandalore.

Gleaming? It was as invisible as whatever he did against Ommin.

Energy is energy as far as I'm aware either way though :hmm

quote:
That Ulic is a physical fighter doesn't mean he's unintelligent.

It doesn't

When he has a salvo of powers hilariously above anything Fett can hope to survive though?

It makes him about as stupid as Obi-Wan when he failed to save that suicidal woman on Mandalore despite possessing TK power in excess to stop someone who's not even falling yet.

Or Dooku when he had to surrender to Pirates, despite previously causing a cave in that would have been more than over kill to kill them all with a force wav/force lightning with.

Or when Anakin, in a rush to clear Ahsoka's name, didn't think to pin Barriss to a wall until he was at his most pissed off after a fairly pitiful showing of actually letting Barriss look competent in a duel.

I have more I can list for you, those are just the most glaringly offensive PIS/CIS moments that come to mind. It takes legitimately bad writing for these characters to **** up against non force wielding characters... or even up against force users given Barriss

quote:
I'm just choosing not to ignore his character motives.

Right, so, generally a moron then :hmm

You guys actually keep CIS on or something? :hmm

quote:
If accounting for Ulic's fighting tendencies isn't enough I can just stipulate that he's not allowed to Force choke Boba, I guess.

That'd be fair

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 06:10 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
*shrugs* Make whatever excuse suits you. Here it is:
quote:
Obi-Wan charged, his hood still concealing his identity. He lunged into the teeth of the blaster fire, weaponless. A surprised Boba Fett took a step back. He was too good to stumble, but for the smallest whisper of a second he was slightly off balance. Obi-Wan saw it. Fett's left side was the vulnerable point.

He leaped. In midair, he twisted, coming down with one boot planted squarely on Boba Fett's left knee. But to his surprise, Fett didn't go over. Obi-Wan felt the bounty hunter's body give, but suddenly Fett reversed direction, planting himself more firmly. Obi-Wan was stopped cold and had the unpleasant sensation of feeling an armored elbow smash into the back of his head, sending him to the ground.

He'd seen that move before. The memory of a desperate fight on Kamino came back to him. Jango Fett had taught his son well. If only Obi-Wan had remembered it in time.

Fett was wearing a jetpack, and he soared above to land on the roof only seconds after Obi-Wan. He advanced cautiously, unable to see the Jedi. Obi-Wan activated his lightsaber. He did it so rarely now that he felt a surge of feelings flood him when he did, something close to pain and joy, a remembrance of what it had once meant to be a Jedi. Once he had traveled freely through the galaxy. Now he had to hide what he was. Now all he knew was secrecy and caution.

Blaster bolts suddenly ripped through the dormer, only centimeters from where he waited. Boba Fett was taking no chances.

Obi-Wan didn't move, even though he felt the sear of heat on his cheek.

He heard the footsteps approaching. Just as they reached the corner of the dormer, just when there was only a split second before Fett would see him, Obi-Wan leaped out.

But Fett must have been expecting this. Taking barely a second to aim, he fired the concussion missile in his jetpack.

Obi-Wan felt the shock waves reverberate. He was blown off the roof, his body lifting into the air like a scrap of cloth. He slowed down the moment, looking for a way to land that wouldn't involve smashing into the permacrete rising toward him.

He reached for the grapnel line on his utility belt. He sent it flying as he fell, the hook catching on the edge of the roof. He bounced in the air, hard, wrenching his shoulder as he quickly swung himself back up. He hit the roof and kept going, charging at Fett, his lightsaber glowing. He severed Fett's blaster rifle in one clean stroke.

Obi-Wan had nowhere to go as Fett suddenly slammed into him, wrapping his arms around the Jedi's body, knocking away his lightsaber, and propelling him backward, trying to push him off the roof. Instead of trying to break Fett's grip, Obi-Wan seized his arms, and the two men shot off the edge, spinning in midair. The crowd below saw them now and gasped.

The two bodies fell through the air for several long seconds before Fett activated his jetpack. As he fired his thrusters, he maneuvered the jetpack so he could slam Obi-Wan against the side of the building repeatedly. Obi-Wan felt the blows shudder through his bones.

Fett reversed and came at the building again. Obi-Wan saw the solid duracrete zooming toward his face. He called on the Force to help. He would need it. At the last moment, he drew his legs up and kicked out. The jolt radiated up through his skull. They spun out, and Obi-Wan used the opportunity to loosen Fett's hold. He dropped, gathering the Force to ease his landing and recapture his fallen lightsaber.

He didn't injure himself, but the pain that traveled up his legs told him that his push off the wall had cost him. Spectators scattered as he rose to his feet. Boba Fett was coming after him, relentless.

Ferus ran through the crowd. Obi-Wan felt the Force surge in warning as another cannon blast from D'harhan leveled part of the hangar.

Ferus was blown back by the blast. D'harhan kept coming. Boba Fett was gathering himself for another assault. Obi-Wan charged forward, grabbed Ferus, and pulled him to his feet.

"Come on," Obi-Wan urged. He hadn't come this far to lose Ferus now.

He helped Ferus stumble past the rubble and leap into the half-demolished hangar. Massive doors were on the other end, firmly shut tight. D'harhan and Boba Fett followed through the opening, blocking any way out.

Obi-Wan and Ferus were trapped.
And yeah, this was 13 year old Boba without Beskar. Not seeing how he's so outclassed personally.

As for the rest, from what I could tell there's a difference between resisting Force attacks such as the Sorcery Ommin used, and actually erecting a barrier that projectiles bounce off of. When Ulic's Force resistance kept Ommin's sorcery at bay, no barrier was visibly erected and Ulic was able to continue moving. When he erected his barrier, he had to gesture and visibly concentrate, and then when he advanced towards Mandalore he dropped the Barrier.

You seem to think Boba's only mode of attack is "shoot shit!". He usually makes use of the environment and makes an effort to catch opponent's off-guard, which are two things if implemented in this fight that would bear much fruit in terms of winning. Of course Ulic can barrier a lot of Boba's weapons but, what happens when Boba drops the chain Ulic is standing on, forces Ulic to leap to another one, and then attempts to blow him away in mid-air? Just one example I can think of.

quote:
Yeah, he held Sylvar off, which is a great feat. Let's not pretend he did any more than that.

Ulic doesn't actually have any feats with Force augmentation to back up your claims that he would fodderize Boba; there's evidence to oppose this on Boba's side. And I doubt Ulic could tear Boba's head off, if not because Ulic isn't even that strong to begin with, because Boba's Beskar armor would prevent that. Anyway, Boba's strengths in CQC don't solely lie in physical combat, either. He has voice/twitch activated weapons systems from his shin to his wrists which include various poisonous darts, two flamethrowers, explosives, a sonic emitter that incapped Rahm Kota/Proxy, a wrist laser, fiber cord whip, etc. Wouldn't be impossible for him to catch Ulic off-guard. Hell, one of Ulic's main areas for improvement was being aware of his surroundings and not underestimating opponents through arrogance, which is exactly what will get you killed against Boba.

I think it's an even fight, personally, as someone who knows both characters pretty well. Maybe I'm alone in that....

Last edited by ILS on Feb 20th, 2015 at 06:20 PM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 06:12 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Chaos:
quote:
Gleaming? It was as invisible as whatever he did against Ommin.

Energy is energy as far as I'm aware either way though :hmm
Nope, from what we can see the blasts are impacting Ulic's barrier.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...ects+bolts2.png

Whereas against Ommin we saw nothing of the like.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...+qel+droma3.png
quote:
It doesn't

When he has a salvo of powers hilariously above anything Fett can hope to survive though?

It makes him about as stupid as Obi-Wan when he failed to save that suicidal woman on Mandalore despite possessing TK power in excess to stop someone who's not even falling yet.

Or Dooku when he had to surrender to Pirates, despite previously causing a cave in that would have been more than over kill to kill them all with a force wav/force lightning with.

Or when Anakin, in a rush to clear Ahsoka's name, didn't think to pin Barriss to a wall until he was at his most pissed off after a fairly pitiful showing of actually letting Barriss look competent in a duel.

I have more I can list for you, those are just the most glaringly offensive PIS/CIS moments that come to mind. It takes legitimately bad writing for these characters to **** up against non force wielding characters... or even up against force users given Barriss
I hope you know that I'm fully aware that a lot of problems could have been solved through telekinesis. What I'm saying is, they just aren't, a vast majority of the time. I'm going by what the source material presents us on a very consistent basis, and more importantly, what's been shown of Ulic. His go-to is saber combat. That isn't just going to change unless the OP stipulates "morals off, out of character".
quote:
Right, so, generally a moron then :hmm

You guys actually keep CIS on or something? :hmm
I'm fully aware of what CIS is. There's many excuses that can be made on both sides about why or why not Force Users should or shouldn't use telekinesis to deal with otherwise simple problems. All I'm doing is going by the source material and presenting a confrontation akin to the one between Ulic and Indomitable, just subbing Boba in.
quote:
That'd be fair
Consider it done. It'll save this thread some hassle, at least.

No directly lethal application of telekinesis. Pushes, pulls, etc, are fair game, just no throat attacks and the like.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 06:20 PM
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Originally posted by ILS
Chaos:
Nope, from what we can see the blasts are impacting Ulic's barrier.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...ects+bolts2.png

Whereas against Ommin we saw nothing of the like.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...+qel+droma3.png

Not really a relevant comparison

Ommin's attack doesn't need to show a splash effect against Ulic's otherwise invisible barrier

It has a different means of imparting the energy than the Basilisk's shots do is all

quote:
I hope you know that I'm fully aware that a lot of problems could have been solved through telekinesis.

That's good

Here I was starting to think you were taking the consistently bad writing seriously :maybe

quote:
What I'm saying is, they just aren't, a vast majority of the time.

That's what most boards would call CIS/PIS brought about by the writers inability to create a fair fight where they were smart enough to actually remember they could use their powers.

Like, its not minor levels of stupid we're talking disregarding the hilarious advantage even casual showings their force powers give them

Its crippling, how do they even function, levels of stupid when they don't.

quote:
I'm going by what the source material presents us on a very consistent basis, and more importantly, what's been shown of Ulic. His go-to is saber combat. That isn't just going to change unless the OP stipulates "morals off, out of character".

Suppose that's just a difference in how boards operate.

Where I made it my home, CIS is off and bloodlust is considered on to make sure characters that normally wouldn't even think to fight actually do.

quote:
I'm fully aware of what CIS is. There's many excuses that can be made on both sides about why or why not Force Users should or shouldn't use telekinesis to deal with otherwise simple problems.

I didn't even use examples outside of the episodes the issues happened in to illustrate how badly written those scenes were either FYI :maybe

Dooku, even late into the Clone Wars, has shown equal or greater TK than Anakin.

More specifically a version of Anakin well above his Padawan self that could TK a massive ship with expedience enough that hypersonic missiles failed to move much in the time Anakin was moving the ship :maybe

quote:
Consider it done. It'll save this thread some hassle, at least.

No directly lethal application of telekinesis. Pushes, pulls, etc, are fair game, just no throat attacks and the like.

That's better

We could probably talk in circles about where the speed feats of Jedi land, but this is overall more fair a match

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 06:34 PM