KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Mara Jade/Darth Malgus vs. Corran Horn/Sora Bulq

Mara Jade/Darth Malgus vs. Corran Horn/Sora Bulq
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Mara Jade/Darth Malgus vs. Corran Horn/Sora Bulq

*Lightsabers only round 1
*All out round 2

*Mara Jade Skywalker as of Sacrifice
*False Emperor Malgus

Battle takes place in the fields of Lothal

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Last edited by carthage on Apr 22nd, 2015 at 10:29 AM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 10:27 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Team 1. Mara > Corran, and honestly Malgus > Bulq.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 10:29 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Angelalex242

Team 1, with ease.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 02:18 PM
Click here to Send Angelalex242 a Private Message Find more posts by Angelalex242 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Team 1 stomps

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 02:22 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Team 1 stomps.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 02:40 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Trocity
Team 1 stomps

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 08:43 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vorpal Ruin
Jedi Master

Originally posted by SunRazer
Team 1. Mara > Corran

Idk why people think this. Care to elaborate, beyond "she ambushed Caedus and still died" or whatever argument there is?

Mara=Corran imo, and so do(from NJO+era) Saba, Kyle Katarn, and possibly another master i'm forgetting.
Those 4 are quite even in combat, as best I can tell.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 10:54 PM
Click here to Send Vorpal Ruin a Private Message Find more posts by Vorpal Ruin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Angelalex242

Pretty much anyone who tries to take Caedus on directly not named Luke is going to get hosed. Jaina had to sabotage him first, Mara did her Batman tactics...

The difference is that Mara was batmanning a healthy Caedus, Jaina attacked a weakened one.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 11:15 PM
Click here to Send Angelalex242 a Private Message Find more posts by Angelalex242 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

She had less circumstances involved than Caedus's duel with Jaina. And that showing with Corran was well before her prime, she's also beaten Nom Anor held her own against Lumiya in a brawl and killed scores of Vong as we'll. She's probably the most skilled here or at least even with Malgus as a duelist imo

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 11:22 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arhael
Devoid of reality

Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin
Idk why people think this. Care to elaborate, beyond "she ambushed Caedus and still died" or whatever argument there is?

Mara=Corran imo, and so do(from NJO+era) Saba, Kyle Katarn, and possibly another master i'm forgetting.
Those 4 are quite even in combat, as best I can tell.

Mara and Corran are more or less equal during their lightsaber sparring. But when Mara goes into her assassinate mode, she is plain more impressive.
Still Corran might be on level with Mara but unfortunately there is not much fights with him. His best feat is engaging 4 Sith simultaneously in Apocalypse and defeating them despite being injured before that.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2015 10:05 AM
Click here to Send Arhael a Private Message Find more posts by Arhael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Mara was more hindered than Corran in their spar - Corran only tired more quickly, whereas Mara had to devote some of her Force strength to fending off a disease that should've killed her.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2015 10:21 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Angelalex242

Yes. Recall Corran's weakness is TK. When Mara's not sick, she's pretty good at that, and will simply thrash him with the Force. During the duel, she was trying to not die by Vong Virus.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2015 02:08 PM
Vorpal Ruin
Jedi Master

Originally posted by Arhael
Mara and Corran are more or less equal during their lightsaber sparring. But when Mara goes into her assassinate mode, she is plain more impressive.
Still Corran might be on level with Mara but unfortunately there is not much fights with him. His best feat is engaging 4 Sith simultaneously in Apocalypse and defeating them despite being injured before that.

I agree that in an assassination scenario Mara would have the advantage over Corran, but I don't see either holding the advantage in a all out fight in an open area. We typically don't use assassination scenarios in the forum though, and certainly not in this specific thread, so that's not really relevant.

I've read every book after the Jedi Academy trilogy, and there really was nothing that set Mara above Corran or vice versa. Again, I think that Mara, Kyle Katarn, Saba Sebatyne and Corran Horn are all very even as combatants. The only jedi that were shown to be more proficient than that group, in their era, were Luke Skywalker and the Solo twins. There are others, like Kyp Durron and potentially Anakin Solo that i'm not very comfortable placing, because I think Kyp may be slightly above those 4 masters, but only by a small margin.

Idk enough about Malgus or Sora Bulq to comment on them though.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2015 07:18 PM
Click here to Send Vorpal Ruin a Private Message Find more posts by Vorpal Ruin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Angelalex242

You've yet to explain how Corran's going to survive Mara's TK. Cause he can't.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2015 07:20 PM
Vorpal Ruin
Jedi Master

Originally posted by Angelalex242
You've yet to explain how Corran's going to survive Mara's TK. Cause he can't.

Unless the TK kills him instantly he will be able to send all that energy back at her. He may even use a mind trick to get himself a momentary advantage, like Caedus.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2015 07:23 PM
Angelalex242

Mara TKs him towards her, ragdoll style. And then Corran hugs a lightsaber in flight.

Hugging lightsabers is hazardous to your health.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2015 08:30 PM
Vorpal Ruin
Jedi Master

Mara TKs him towards her, ragdoll style. And then Corran hugs a lightsaber in flight.

Very unlikely. What happens is that she will think she has pulled him to her and he is in a certain position, but in reality he is not exactly the way she sees him and he cuts her down with his extended lightsaber while being outside her range to strike.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2015 08:35 PM
Angelalex242

...You assume Mara, who's dealt with Palpatine in her younger years...

is weak minded enough to fall for that? I mean, seriously, after dealing with Sidious's nonsense, Corran's a piker.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2015 09:11 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Malgus solo's tbh. He can ragdoll both of them at once.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2015 09:18 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vorpal Ruin
Jedi Master

...You assume Mara, who's dealt with Palpatine in her younger years...

is weak minded enough to fall for that? I mean, seriously, after dealing with Sidious's nonsense, Corran's a piker.

You must be unfamiliar with Corran's ability. Now I see that it's simply a lack of knowledge on your part. Good day.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2015 09:40 PM