KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Luke Skywalker vs. Quinlan Vos

Luke Skywalker vs. Quinlan Vos
Started by: |King Joker|

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Luke Skywalker vs. Quinlan Vos

Luke as of The Empire Strikes Back.
Quinlan as of Revenge of the Sith.

Setting is the Kashyyyk forests.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2015 01:31 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Vos stomps

Old Post Apr 25th, 2015 01:34 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

He got a hit on Vader, not seeing how Vos stomps, personally.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2015 01:45 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Peak Vos would manhandle ESB Luke. Yeah he landed a hit on Vader, and then Vader got pissed and cut his hand off literally 2 seconds after.

ROTJ Luke would beat Quinlan, but this is too early.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2015 01:49 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Luke canonically challenged ESB Vader as per two sources, so Quinlan is not stomping, lol.

ESB Luke is vastly underrated. Between Controlling Dragonsnakes, manipulating machinery across Cloud City, challenging Vader, etc. he can easily at least present a challenge to Quinlan.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2015 11:12 PM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Axle

Vos

Old Post Apr 26th, 2015 05:11 PM
Click here to Send Axle a Private Message Find more posts by Axle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kosmos Supreme

even Vader didn't casualy stomp Luke and had to get angry to finish the job quickly. Vos stomping is laughable, him even winning is highly questionable.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2015 05:06 AM
Click here to Send Kosmos Supreme a Private Message Find more posts by Kosmos Supreme Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Vos wins after a pretty good fight.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2015 05:06 AM
Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kosmos Supreme
even Vader didn't casualy stomp Luke and had to get angry to finish the job quickly. Vos stomping is laughable, him even winning is highly questionable.

thumb up

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Apr 27th, 2015 05:13 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

ESB Luke was stated to be Vader's biggest challenge up to that point.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Apr 27th, 2015 05:16 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Yep. And Vader wasn't holding back against Luke at all. Not even 1 little bit.

And I saw the greatest challenge ever that ESB Luke put up when Vader casually smashed him through the window. Clearly that was a better challenge than Old Ben put up in the previous film.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2015 07:38 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I don't agree with it, tbh.

Vader has fought seemingly more powerful opponents in the past.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Apr 27th, 2015 07:56 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

No, he hasn't.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2015 10:00 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by SunRazer
No, he hasn't.

So you honestly think ESB Luke > ANH Kenobi?

Old Post Apr 27th, 2015 11:57 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

That's more or less confirmed by sources already, lol.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2015 12:01 PM
Darth Thor

That's more or less confirmed by sources already, lol.

I really did laugh out loud that you actually thought an "lol" was appropriate there.

So what about ROTS Kenobi? Vader fought him as well. So is it confirmed ESB Luke > ROTS Kenobi? "lol"

FYI it's confirmed by the biggest authority of the old canon (Lucas himself) that even ROTJ Luke was only half trained and no match for Vader, forget ESB Luke "lol"

Old Post Apr 27th, 2015 12:14 PM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Well, as I've heard from Ant, "lol" is changed in meaning from "laugh out loud" to "duh" or some smirk/teasing giggle you make. The real story is that I've probably just gotten too used to saying it, so I put it at the end of every few sentences. If I put lol by itself, I'm generally actually finding something funny, otherwise I have no idea what it means.

Shadows of the Empire claims that Luke was above Old Ben, as I recall. And while Ben actually fared better, Fightsaber claims that Vader improved drastically between them. RotS Kenobi never faced that version of Vader, so it really has no relevance. RotS Kenobi would also beat Quinlan decisively, so that's not really a valid or necessary comparison.

His limited training is overrated - if you read the sources, you would realize he makes up for it with astonishing learning rate. His inexperience against new types of weapons and powers is apparent, but sources confirm his strength in the Force and innate talent with a blade was enough to challenge Vader on Bespin.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2015 12:20 PM
Darth Thor

His limited training is overrated - if you read the sources, you would realize he makes up for it with astonishing learning rate. His inexperience against new types of weapons and powers is apparent, but sources confirm his strength in the Force and innate talent with a blade was enough to challenge Vader on Bespin.

Well if we just talk "Legends" those sources would be fine. However if we're following Old Canon rules then Lucas words still override any other source. Whilst New Disney Canon has yet to confirm Luke's prowess as of ESB and ROTJ.

The outstanding learning rate can only get so far (logically and IMO) with a few weeks of 1 on 1 training plus 3 years of self-training, compared to say Anakin's 10 years of 1 on 1 training which only lead him to AOTC Anakin level or early TCW Level.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2015 12:43 PM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

What Lucas words? That he's inexperienced? I'm pretty sure we all knew that.

AotC Anakin had a decade of training, is highly underrated, and is actually very skilled, fast and more powerful. And I'd put him above ESB Luke, to be honest.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2015 12:47 PM
Darth Thor

What Lucas words? That he's inexperienced? I'm pretty sure we all knew that.

That he's only half trained by ROTJ, and not truly a match for Vader.

Though I admit that could be to do with Vader being capable of Tk'ing Luke, and not necessarily referring to Luke's Saber skills.

Anyway it's in the ROTJ Audio Commentary in the scene where Luke visits Yoda.

AotC Anakin had a decade of training, is highly underrated, and is actually very skilled, fast and more powerful. And I'd put him above ESB Luke, to be honest.

Well that makes fine as long as you're putting AOTC Anakin above ESB Luke.

I just think you maybe underestimating ANH Kenobi.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2015 05:02 PM