KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Vitiate runs a gauntlet

Vitiate runs a gauntlet
Started by: S_W_LeGenD

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S_W_LeGenD

Vitiate runs a gauntlet

Vitiate's formless (Rise of the Emperor) incarnation is assumed.

Opponents in order:-

1. Darth Vader
2. Exar Kun
3. Darth Caedus
4. Yoda
5. Luke Skywalker
6. Palpatine (Dark Empire) in a [fresh] clone body

FYI:

This is most distressing. Vitiate may be more powerful then any of us assumed. And as he does not appear to have any manner of physical form, he cannot be restrained or destroyed by conventional means.

Taken from (Darth Marr's written message, Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Emperor)

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Jun 27th, 2015 at 06:23 AM

Old Post Jun 27th, 2015 06:19 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Why did you make a gauntlet of characters, then basically say Vitiate can't die from any of these guys? lol.

Vitiate might fall at Luke depending on how the spirit works. He probably beats Palpatine though, in all honesty.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jun 27th, 2015 06:25 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

^^^

Vitiate's formless incarnation cannot be stopped by conventional methods. So what can Luke Skywalker do? Make a wish?

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Jun 27th, 2015 at 06:29 AM

Old Post Jun 27th, 2015 06:27 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

He's probably more powerful, and obviously a better combatant. He doesn't have any planet-buster stunts or anything, but he has other excellent feats / hype.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jun 27th, 2015 06:29 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
He's probably more powerful,

This incarnation of Vitiate is stated to possess immeasurable power:

Enduring and merciless and quite possibly unkillable, Monoliths plainly illustrate the immeasurable power of their creator and are best avoided at all costs.

From (Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Emperor)

and obviously a better combatant.

Which is useless in this contest.

He doesn't have any planet-buster stunts or anything, but he has other excellent feats / hype.

Stunts?

You call these developments stunts?

Deadly Field / Death Field are among the most difficult and taxing Force powers to perform in the mythos. Darth Bane was able to conjure a Deadly Field of 10 m radius by drawing on the power of a nexus and the feat still significantly taxed him. In comparison, Vitiate conjured a Deadly Field / Death Field on planetary-scale. Imagine the power needed to perform this feat; 8000 Sith Lords and 10 days of non-stop exertion is needed.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Jun 27th, 2015 at 06:38 AM

Old Post Jun 27th, 2015 06:32 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

1.) Obvious hyperbole is obvious hyperbole. Countless characters, including Anakin Skywalker, have been labeled like this.

2.) Well, I don't really care for your "Vitiate can't be killed as a spirit," so I'm pretending it's physical body to save the BS.
Though, in all honesty, I'm sure the Dagger of Mortis will work just fine on poor old Vitiate. Or the weird Wall of Light thing too.

3.) Yeah.
Good for Vitiate, tbh. I have him above/tied with DE Sidious for a reason. thumb up

Old Post Jun 27th, 2015 06:36 AM
S_W_LeGenD

1.) Obvious hyperbole is obvious hyperbole. Countless characters, including Anakin Skywalker, have been labeled like this.

Its not an hyperbole. Vitiate conjured a Deadly Field of planetary-scale in this form, a feat that requires thousands of Force-users and multiple days of combined exertion to perform otherwise.

2.) Well, I don't really care for your "Vitiate can't be killed as a spirit," so I'm pretending it's physical body to save the BS.
Though, in all honesty, I'm sure the Dagger of Mortis will work just fine on poor old Vitiate. Or the weird Wall of Light thing too.

1. You need to stick to the rules of this thread.

2. Prove that Wall of Light can stop Vitiate.

3. And how can the Dagger of Mortis be used on a formless entity? Besides, this weapon have not been considered.

3.) Yeah.
Good for Vitiate, tbh. I have him above/tied with DE Sidious for a reason. thumb up

Sidious (Dark Empire) possesses raw power equal or greater then that of 8000 Sith Lords?

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Jun 27th, 2015 at 06:43 AM

Old Post Jun 27th, 2015 06:40 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

1.) I never said the feat was hyperbole - I said the accolade was. I can quote you an identical one for the Dread Masters, in which we know are not limitless in power.

2.) That's not really how KMC works, lol. The Wall of Light stopped Spirit!Exar Kun, and the Dagger can probably kill even spirits given it can kill something like the Ones.

3.) So it seems, yeah.

I'm doing the shitty numbering quote thing because it's 3am where I am. (EDIT: Lol, fixed typos in post above).

Last edited by Jaggarath on Jun 27th, 2015 at 06:46 AM

Old Post Jun 27th, 2015 06:43 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Luke has Force Light, lol.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2015 06:48 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Dies to Luke, Sidious and possibly Yoda.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2015 07:02 AM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

1.) I never said the feat was hyperbole - I said the accolade was. I can quote you an identical one for the Dread Masters, in which we know are not limitless in power.

Vitiate's "planet Ziost ravaging" feat lends credibility to his accolade. It is a feat that requires thousands of Force-users to perform otherwise. Vitiate have immeasurable power because he can grow in power non-stop and he is capable of performing feats that thousands of Force-users can collectively perform otherwise.

2.) That's not really how KMC works, lol.

I don't care. You need to stick to the rules of this thread.

The Wall of Light stopped Spirit!Exar Kun, and the Dagger can probably kill even spirits given it can kill something like the Ones.

That Wall of Light was conjured by thousands of Jedi, a single Jedi cannot conjure Wall of Light of such magnitude. And if it was a viable option then the Jedi would have utilized Wall of Light against Vitiate on Ziost, they didn't and this implies that this power cannot stop Vitiate.

B/W Vitiate is far more powerful then Exar Kun.

How can a formless being can be stabbed? Only a physical being can be stabbed.

3.) So it seems, yeah.

Then he would have just vaporized Luke Skywalker. Why didn't he?

Originally posted by SunRazer
Luke has Force Light, lol.

Makes no difference.

Originally posted by Stigma
Dies to Luke, Sidious and possibly Yoda.

Troll elsewhere and stay out of my threads.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Jun 27th, 2015 at 07:15 AM

Old Post Jun 27th, 2015 07:10 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

@Legend - Yes, it does. It can counter dark side entities like Vitiate, and it had success against Abeloth, a being of greater power. And I'm not debating that with you.

You need to stop acting as if Vitiate is utterly incapable of being affected in this state. If so, he would've beaten the entire galaxy as a spirit, but clearly that wasn't the case. Nobody in Star Wars is omnipotent - they are limits to every being's power.

Also, Vitiate isn't far and away more powerful than Kun. Kun is canonically more powerful than the ancient Sith, and Vitiate was wary of the power of the ancient Sith. Thus, it stands to reason Kun is at least loosely comparable in power to Vitiate.

And why did you even make this gauntlet if you believed Vitiate could beat everybody here?

Old Post Jun 27th, 2015 07:15 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Sidious wormholes him

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 27th, 2015 07:17 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

@Legend - Yes, it does. It can counter dark side entities like Vitiate, and it had success against Abeloth, a being of greater power. And I'm not debating that with you.

Then why the Jedi didn't utilize Wall of Light to stop Vitiate on Ziost? It was not a viable option. Simple.

You need to stop acting as if Vitiate is utterly incapable of being affected in this state. If so, he would've beaten the entire galaxy as a spirit, but clearly that wasn't the case. Nobody in Star Wars is omnipotent - they are limits to every being's power.

Vitiate could be stopped with (special) methods, methods that we are not aware of and are likely plot-devices.

Vitiate will become all-powerful, if he consumes other beings on galactic scale. He should be stopped before it is too late. Though how this happens? we don't know.

And why did you even make this gauntlet if you believed Vitiate could beat everybody here?

It is not a matter of my belief, it is clearly stated that Vitiate (formless incarnation) cannot be stopped by conventional methods.

I had a reason to create this thread.

Originally posted by carthage
Sidious wormholes him

This power cannot destroy spirits or formless beings. Palpatine survived his own Force Storm in formless state.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Jun 27th, 2015 at 07:24 AM

Old Post Jun 27th, 2015 07:21 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

1. The Jedi aren't comparable to Luke, but more importantly, I didn't even mention Wall of Light. I said Force Light, which is actually a different power.

2. Methods that are available to the main characters, obviously. And he won't become all-powerful, because nobody is all-powerful in Star Wars.

3. And these characters have more than "conventional" methods at their disposal.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2015 07:24 AM
S_W_LeGenD

1. The Jedi aren't comparable to Luke, but more importantly, I didn't even mention Wall of Light. I said Force Light, which is actually a different power.

Luke Skywalker isn't better then an entire Jedi Order. Even Abeloth isn't.

Also, what is this Force Light?

2. Methods that are available to the main characters, obviously.

Utter nonsense! If this was true then the protagonists would have stopped Vitiate on planet Ziost. Jedi and Sith attempted to stop Vitiate on planet Ziost with all offensive options under their belt, they failed.

Haven't you played Rise of the Emperor content?

The lore absolutely makes it clear that lightsabers, other weapons, and Force powers cannot stop formless Vitiate. PERIOD.

Here is an example of a plot-device:

Dark Council has assembled a contingent of powerful Sith seers to get a fix on the Emperor's presence. When he makes his move, it is believed he will not distinguish between former friend or foe, as they will all eventually become his food and none will remain.

Taken from (Star Wars: The Old Republic (The Emperor's Return))

And he won't become all-powerful, because nobody is all-powerful in Star Wars.

He 'can' become all-powerful. This is his primary objective.

3. And these characters have more than "conventional" methods at their disposal.

And these are?

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Jun 27th, 2015 at 07:42 AM

Old Post Jun 27th, 2015 07:36 AM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Not sure why is it debated. DE Sidious still has more raw power it seems and points about Luke were covered by SunRazer. Even Ziost!Vitiate loses to them.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2015 08:12 AM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Stigma
Not sure why is it debated. DE Sidious still has more raw power it seems and points about Luke were covered by SunRazer. Even Ziost!Vitiate loses to them.

Take your bullshit elsewhere.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2015 08:18 AM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

I don't see LeGenD's post but I have a feeling he spews out something that most of us would like to say to him... amirite? wink

Old Post Jun 27th, 2015 08:20 AM
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Also, what is this Force Light?

Nevermind! Checked it.

It is unlikely to work on a super-strong being like Vitiate. Otherwise, Jedi Order would have used this Force power against him.

----

Can someone tell this member Stigma to stay out of my thread? This member will be reported otherwise.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Jun 27th, 2015 at 08:37 AM

Old Post Jun 27th, 2015 08:22 AM