KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Galen Marek VS Mace Windu

Galen Marek VS Mace Windu
Started by: TheNuisanceBird

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheNuisanceBird
Wrecker - Scientist Class

Galen Marek VS Mace Windu

Old Post Mar 19th, 2016 03:47 AM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Another one?

Old Post Mar 19th, 2016 04:01 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Marek ragdolls him

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 19th, 2016 04:01 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird
Wrecker - Scientist Class

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Another one?

Lol It has quite a controversial verdict.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2016 05:48 AM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Galen solidly.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2016 05:57 AM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hutchy1345

Really? Galen Marek is better than arguably the strongest jedi of his era alongside yoda?

Old Post Mar 19th, 2016 12:10 PM
Click here to Send hutchy1345 a Private Message Find more posts by hutchy1345 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Originally posted by hutchy1345
Really? Galen Marek is better than arguably the strongest jedi of his era alongside yoda?

Yes.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2016 04:05 PM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

I'm going windu.

Sabers-windu

force- i believe Mace has enough power to at least compete, and can redirect Mareks lightning back at him.

all out-Windu. His advantage with the saber will bring him through. If Shaak Ti can push Marek as far as she did I'm sure windu being above Ti can replicate and feel in the gap.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2016 04:54 PM
Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
I'm going windu.

Sabers-windu

force- i believe Mace has enough power to at least compete, and can redirect Mareks lightning back at him.

all out-Windu. His advantage with the saber will bring him through. If Shaak Ti can push Marek as far as she did I'm sure windu being above Ti can replicate and feel in the gap.

You mean before Galen's prime and while he was distracted with dealing with the environment around him.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2016 05:00 PM
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

Originally posted by Syndicate
You mean before Galen's prime and while he was distracted with dealing with the environment around him.

Yea, however i still stick by my point. He can take him in sabers and doesn't Marek have a very weak force wall? Wind can at least contend in the force and can send his lightning back at him and can take sabers, thus I see him being able to take the all-out.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 02:11 AM
Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Yea, however i still stick by my point. He can take him in sabers and doesn't Marek have a very weak force wall? Wind can at least contend in the force and can send his lightning back at him and can take sabers, thus I see him being able to take the all-out.

Nah. Not by his prime when he's redirecting telekinetic assaults from Vader.

He really can't contend in the Force. What feats puts him even close to being comparable?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 02:58 AM
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

Nah. Not by his prime when he's redirecting telekinetic assaults from Vader.

He really can't contend in the Force. What feats puts him even close to being comparable?

His placement in the lore, being able to remove AT-ATs with ease, he is very close to Dooku who was able to lift several obelisk at once, Windu can easily lift heavy objects, his performance in the micro clone wars series etc. Again I'm not trying to argue Mace is more powerful, I'm just saying he has enough to at least contend, which based off of Mareks weak force wall and Windus showings of redirecting Sidious lightning, and his own TK showings, IMO he should be able to hold those powers off, long enough to get close enough to end it with sabers.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 03:19 AM
Syndicate

His placement in the lore, being able to remove AT-ATs with ease, he is very close to Dooku who was able to lift several obelisk at once, Windu can easily lift heavy objects, his performance in the micro clone wars series etc. Again I'm not trying to argue Mace is more powerful, I'm just saying he has enough to at least contend, which based off of Mareks weak force wall and Windus showings of redirecting Sidious lightning, and his own TK showings, IMO he should be able to hold those powers off, long enough to get close enough to end it with sabers.

Remove ATAT's with ease? You mean that scene where he pushes an ATAT a few feet off the edge of a cliff? How is that on par with any of Dooku's showings who by the way doesn't come close to Galen himself. Also Galen is physically superior and comparatively skilled. Mace isn't winning a majority.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 03:23 AM
Syndicate

Also this weak force wall you're referring to? It's pure fantasy.

"He staggered backward and found himself at the center of a telekinetic storm. His Master seized on his momentary weakness and hurled missiles at him from all sides, hoping to keep him off his guard. For a moment, it worked.

Then the apprentice straightened and, with a sweep of his left arm, blew the missiles away." - The Force Unleashed

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 03:30 AM
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

Remove ATAT's with ease? You mean that scene where he pushes an ATAT a few feet off the edge of a cliff? How is that on par with any of Dooku's showings who by the way doesn't come close to Galen himself. Also Galen is physically superior and comparatively skilled. Mace isn't winning a majority.

The fact their said to be basic equals, pretty much shows that they have a similar if not equal power in the force. I didn't say that particular feat puts him on level with Dooku its just an impressive feat that he was able to push a very heavy object with seemingly little difficulty. Physically stronger yes. Mace holds an edge in sabers though. Not an 8/10 more like a 6-7/10.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 01:26 PM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Mace Windu takes this.

The North Remembers

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 02:06 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McP

How is Starkiller superior to Mace physically? He fell onto his knees after Vader stabed him, while Mace still fought Depa after she stabed him. And after that he stomped Kar also.

Mace was also a superior duelist. As I remember Starkiller was inferior even to Vader, and gain the advantage only because of FL. And he wasn't even superior duelist to Shaak Ti.

He's superior in terms of using the Force, but Mace isn't a pushover. More then that, I believe that Marek has more credit then he deserves.
He had his one moment against Sidious, when he gave far more then 100% of himself, and still died. A feat inferior to Yoda's and Talzin's feats against Sidious. And normally, Sidious would stomp him, like he did in DS ending.

Mace takes this.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 02:08 PM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

The fact their said to be basic equals, pretty much shows that they have a similar if not equal power in the force. I didn't say that particular feat puts him on level with Dooku its just an impressive feat that he was able to push a very heavy object with seemingly little difficulty. Physically stronger yes. Mace holds an edge in sabers though. Not an 8/10 more like a 6-7/10.

For who? Mace? Look friend, I don't think you're understanding but Galen has the capacity to carry out high intensity duels and run out the endurance of people like Vader. He doesn't need to outskill Mace. Simply exhaust him in a high intensity duel he can continue indefinitely given his incredible stamina before then ragdolling with the Force. Or barring that just straight out ragdoll consider the power gap between himself and Mace.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 02:47 PM
Syndicate

Originally posted by Lord Stark
Mace Windu takes this.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 02:48 PM
Syndicate

Originally posted by McP
How is Starkiller superior to Mace physically? He fell onto his knees after Vader stabed him, while Mace still fought Depa after she stabed him. And after that he stomped Kar also.

Mace was also a superior duelist. As I remember Starkiller was inferior even to Vader, and gain the advantage only because of FL. And he wasn't even superior duelist to Shaak Ti.

He's superior in terms of using the Force, but Mace isn't a pushover. More then that, I believe that Marek has more credit then he deserves.
He had his one moment against Sidious, when he gave far more then 100% of himself, and still died. A feat inferior to Yoda's and Talzin's feats against Sidious. And normally, Sidious would stomp him, like he did in DS ending.

Mace takes this.

Simple he's younger and has a stronger connection to the Force. Oh and feats.

He's dealt with Vader's power blows without issue by the end of TFU so nothing Mace is throwing out will test his limits. Speedwise he's described to be faster then Vader.

"Where Darth Vader was strong and relentless, he was fast and sly."

He's described to have superhuman agility and perfect balance multiple times throughout the novel.

"Sparks flew as the apprentice Force-leapt high into the air as he landed on top of a stack of crates."

"So the duel proceeded for almost a minute, with Kenobi and the apprentice dancing like acrobatic Gados from stack to stack."

"The men leapt and tumbled with inhuman agility."

Endurance wise if you've read the novel you know Galen has fought through entire populations and Imperial garrisons before facing opponents or obstacles that tested him to his limits not to mention him outlasting Vader in the end of TFU and being able to last hours in a duel against Vader pre prime before growing more powerful and being stated to have been rebuilt stronger then before.

"The Apprentice crouched face down in the snow, surrounded by rubble. His breath came in agonized, short gasps, but he was grateful for each one. He should be dead. That blow should have killed anyone. The fact that he was breathing testified to one mistake his Master had made.

He had been rebuilt tougher than before." - The Force Unleashed.

A great example of his durability being the above. What would have killed any normal person and exploded their organs and shattered their bones simply gave him cracked ribs.

Along with that it should be noted he has a high amount of pain tolerance given he can seemingly handle the heat of a lightsaber blade against his skin and managed to survive being stabbed in the gut before being thrown out into space. He basically willed himself to keep living in circumstances where he should have died much like Sion or Vader.

Pre prime Galen Marek was being pressured by Shaak Ti on a Light Side nexus after he had just thought through an army of force users who could use the force as easily as other beings could breath while she had an entire world at her command, yes.

Vader vs. Starkiller is a debate for another time though you should know what you just said isn't entirely true. We're talking about Galen here who was very much above TFU Vader.

It's physically impossible to give more then 100% of yourself in terms of, well, anything.

Given the fact that Talzin was in her center of power and this was before Sidious's prime... Also Yoda and Galen had around the same success, Galen just had to keep him and the Emperor locked in their engagement to allow his friends time to escape. Yoda had no such worries and thus broke it off before running away.

Mace loses. Badly.

Last edited by Syndicate on Mar 20th, 2016 at 03:11 PM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 03:05 PM