KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Vader and Starkiller run a gauntlet

Vader and Starkiller run a gauntlet
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Vader and Starkiller run a gauntlet

Full rest/recovery

Warm-up/trash: Darth Bane

1. Dooku
2. Anakin
3. Exar Kun
4. Revan 3.0
5. Krayt
6. Caedus
7. Plagueis
8. Talzin (Dathomir)
9. RotS Sidious
10. UnuThul
11. RotJ Sidious
12. TUF Luke

Old Post Apr 20th, 2016 06:22 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

11 maybe

Old Post Apr 20th, 2016 06:25 PM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Old Post Apr 20th, 2016 07:07 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2016 07:10 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Total Warrior

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Apr 20th, 2016 07:11 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Yep, 12.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2016 07:16 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by ILS

Old Post Apr 20th, 2016 07:51 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

I think if Vader and Starkiller could defeat Sidious together, Vader would've tried. Granted I didn't specify TFU Vader.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2016 07:59 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Considering Vader ended up losing to Starkiller later on, I doubt he had any clue how truly powerful SK was.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2016 08:36 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Vader is kind of trash, so they're probably not getting too high

Old Post Apr 20th, 2016 08:38 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

[QUOTE=15708387]Originally posted by Total Warrior
11 or 12

Old Post Apr 20th, 2016 10:39 PM
Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by ares834
Considering Vader ended up losing to Starkiller later on, I doubt he had any clue how truly powerful SK was.

Didn't Witwer imply that he let Starkiller win, and that he was supposed to lay the hammer down upon him in TFU III?

Old Post Apr 20th, 2016 10:44 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

In TFU II yes, but not in TFU I.

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Apr 20th, 2016 11:02 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

I think 6 has a shot.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2016 02:00 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Well, yeah, but you're wrong.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2016 02:02 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Caedus would crush them in sabers, given his performance against Luke [Galen Marek, meanwhile is as a duelist on par with TFU Vader, who is below Dooku or his RotS self given his performance against an Obi Wan who was confirmed in the Death Star novel to have weakened from RotS. I had meant to specify TFU Vader, but RotJ Vader would still likely be fodder to LotF Luke, given that RotJ Luke was already a match for him]. IDK if he can win a pure Force battle, though he's more powerful than either of them individually, but he can try to force a melee; FL Vader while rushing Starkiller.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2016 02:07 AM
Syndicate

Marek is above TFU Vader as a duelist.

Vader's performance against Old Ben was fine. He engaged in a duel with him and was going to cut him down before Ben surrendered himself into the Force. Obi Wan was such a capable lightsaber combatant that RotS Dooku did not even think of launching an offensive. Vader's also stated to have grown in power and skill twice from ANH to ESB to RotJ. Luke while his superior is also Caedus's. Both Vader and Galen have shown themselves to be more powerful then Caedus. Vader by a small margin and Galen by a moderate one.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2016 02:11 AM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by Syndicate
Vader's performance against Old Ben was fine. He engaged in a duel with him and was going to cut him down before Ben surrendered himself into the Force.

He was winning, but not overwhelmingly so. It's not really a question that RotS Anakin > Vader (possibly even RotJ Vader) as a duelist in Legends, BTW. I'm pretty sure multiple sources have said as much.

quote:

Obi Wan was such a capable lightsaber combatant that RotS Dooku did not even think of launching an offensive.

He was double-teaming him and Anakin, so it made sense for him to try to divide and conquer. He doesn't merely ragdoll Obi Wan; the second time around he also visibly breaks his guard.

Regardless, Dooku is clearly above RotS Obi Wan by a greater margin than Vader is above ANH Obi Wan.

quote:

Vader's also stated to have grown in power and skill twice from ANH to ESB to RotJ.

Marek + RotJ Vader probably beat Caedus. Their TFU versions, I'm not sure about.

quote:

Luke while his superior is also Caedus's.

To a lesser degree. RotJ Luke is a match for RotJ Vader as a duelist, and has had like 40 years to improve; given Luke's prodigious growth, I don't see how Vader would stand an outside chance against him. He certainly wouldn't have penetrated Luke's guard so many times, as Caedus did, bad knee or no.

quote:

Both Vader and Galen have shown themselves to be more powerful then Caedus. Vader by a small margin and Galen by a moderate one.

We've been over this. Canon says that Caedus is more powerful than Vader, and while such statements can be overriden by clear evidence to the contrary or by being utterly unbelievable, you've so far demonstrated neither. That Caedus hasn't accumulated the same catalogue of Force feats is not contradictory evidence when he simply hasn't been in relevant situations to show them off; different canon sources can stand on their own so long as they aren't contradicted, they don't need active corroboration.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2016 02:18 AM
Syndicate

He was just being cautious or perhaps he wished to savor his victory against his bitterest enemy. I'd like your sources for such.

Mind posting the quote for me? Also Vader shows clear superiority to Ben I don't see how that would suggest Dooku is superior.

Both of them probably beat him individually tbh if we're not going off back cover quotes.

In your opinion to a less degree. Given the various circumstances of Caedus and Luke's fight and our lack of knowledge on how much Luke improved as a lightsaber combatant I don't think that's your call.

I've shown that a back cover stating Plagueis was the most powerful Sith Lord up to his era is obviously not accurate given examples like Exar Kun, Nihilus, Vitiate and others who either give him a run for his money or are outright superior. I trust feats over back covers which have proven themselves to be unfounded in the past.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2016 02:27 AM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by The Ellimist
I had meant to specify TFU Vader, but RotJ Vader would still likely be fodder to LotF Luke, given that RotJ Luke was already a match for him]

Nah, not even close.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2016 02:30 AM