KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Luke and Vader vs. Sidious (RotJ) and Caedus

Luke and Vader vs. Sidious (RotJ) and Caedus
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Luke and Vader vs. Sidious (RotJ) and Caedus

1. Force
2. Sabers
3. All-out

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 01:49 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Team one IMO. The gap between Vader and Caedus is overrated.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 01:50 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Team 1.
Luke > Sidious.
Darth Vader and Caedus are on even playing fields as far as I'm concerned.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 01:59 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

👍👍

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 02:00 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

For a second I was shocked by Temp having Luke above Sheev, but then I realized I had him confused with S66 who once seriously tried to argue Sheev was comparable to the Ones.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 02:04 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deronn_solo

Darth Vader and Caedus are on even playing fields as far as I'm concerned.

an timing

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 02:04 PM
Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Originally posted by Emperordmb
For a second I was shocked by Temp having Luke above Sheev, but then I realized I had him confused with S66 who once seriously tried to argue Sheev was comparable to the Ones.

Peak!Luke's the stronger combatant.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 02:07 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by The_Tempest
Peak!Luke's the stronger combatant.

And more powerful overall, and probably comparably well learned to Palpatine at his age. thumb up

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 02:15 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

But I do think there's a fairly substantive gap between Caedus and Vader in Force ability and definitely in dueling prowess.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 02:18 PM
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

The gap is not very huge Force-wise, but it's there, especially in mastery, variety, exotic abilities and stuff like that. In terms of dueling capacity there's a pretty clear space between them.

There are some areas in which they are even, some in which Caedus sports a minimal edge, and some in which Caedus is visibly superior. Caedus would win 10/10 against Vader, even though with great difficulty.

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 02:21 PM
Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Originally posted by JKBart
an timing

Caedus is overrated, kek. Despite all of his vaunted power, he has some of the most laughable showings in the entire mythos for his supposed pay-grade.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 02:39 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Out of curiosity, prior to getting his Sith name, what are his best dueling feats?

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 02:44 PM
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Probably defeating Yuuzhan Vong Slayers?

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 02:48 PM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Out of curiosity, prior to getting his Sith name, what are his best dueling feats?

I think he did pretty well as a teenager against slayers, which is impressive given that a single sick slayer was beating Kyp.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 02:48 PM
The_Tempest

Originally posted by The Ellimist
I think he did pretty well as a teenager against slayers, which is impressive given that a single sick slayer was beating Kyp.

That had a lot to do with a Jedi battle meld.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 02:53 PM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Eh, intuitively it seems like NJO -> LotF would make up for that amp and some.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 02:55 PM
The_Tempest

Maybe. I tend to forget about the meld, but the three of them were employing it during the final siege on Shimrra's citadel.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 02:57 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Where's the statement that says Jacen>Vader?

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 02:57 PM
The_Tempest

It's the publisher's summary of LOTF: Invincible.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 02:58 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

team 2.

Caedus is still a greater duelist than Vader, even if you don't want to debate the force round. Stomping Katarn within seconds to the point where he needed intervention from his students, fighting evenly with an amped Jaina (She needed help), are all feats that surpass fighting evenly with ROTJ Luke/beating Galen/beating Ahsoka/Vader's technical mastery. Sidious is powerful enough to hold his own against Luke, whereas Vader will die to his grandson every time in a lightsaber duel

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Last edited by carthage on Jun 26th, 2016 at 08:22 AM

Old Post Jun 26th, 2016 08:20 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote