KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » General Grievous vs. Anakin Skywalker (H2H)

General Grievous vs. Anakin Skywalker (H2H)
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Ellimist
The Shadow

General Grievous vs. Anakin Skywalker (H2H)

Who wins?

Old Post Jun 29th, 2016 09:20 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Seriously? Anakin gets pulped. He's not fast enough to blitz Grievous nor does he possess any redeeming qualities that would allow him to win. That being said, he did stop a magnaguard punch with one hand, so I'm sure his strength and youth might prolong the fight but he ultimately loses to Grievous in pure H2H.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 12:53 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Peak performance Anakin should crush him, actually. Grievous is tough, but Anakin at that stage is strong enough in the Force that he should realistically pummel any non-Force sensitive.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 01:09 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Grievous.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 02:08 AM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Grievous destroys him.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 05:29 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

LOL at Grievous destroying someone with similar/greater strength feats and superior speed feats.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 08:55 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MythLord
LOL at Grievous destroying someone with similar/greater strength feats and superior speed feats.
Grievous has better showings.

This isn't Vader, its Anakin, as in ROTS or before.

Anakin would break his hand on Grievous, he doesn't have Mace's level of droid-destroying bad-ass.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 09:17 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Grievous has better showings.

Based on?

This isn't Vader, its Anakin, as in ROTS or before.

The difference being slight.

Anakin would break his hand on Grievous,

Like Kenobi, whom Anakin physically dominated, did? Oh wait, no, this happened...

Taken from: Revenge of the Sith novelisation
But Obi-Wan's arm had the Force to give it strength, and the general's arm only had the innate crystalline intermolecular structure of duranium alloy.

Grievous' forearm bent like a cheap spoon.

Don't forget this:

(please log in to view the image)

he doesn't have Mace's level of droid-destroying bad-ass.

Doesn't he know?

(please log in to view the image)

Looks like a droid-destroying badass to me. Also, Kenobi has had his fair share of physical-droid-wrecking:

A single slash of his lightsaber amputated the shoulder cannon of one power droid and continued into a spinning Force-assisted kick that brought his boot heel to the point of the other power droid's duranium chin, snapping the droid's head back hard enough to sever its cervical sensor cables.

And we all know what Anakin did to Kenobi:

Anakin roared and flew at him, using both the Force and his body to crash Obi-Wan back into the wall once more. His hands seized Obi-Wan's wrists with impossible strength, forcing his arms wide. "I am so sick of your lectures!"

Dark power bore down with his grip.

Obi-Wan felt the bones of his forearms bending, beginning to feather toward the greenstick fractures that would come before the final breaks.

I won't even bother comparing speed because of Anakin's clear superiority in that area.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 09:28 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Now that you've had your fun; Grievous has greater feats of speed ( being faster then Mace Windu ), endurance and durability. The only area Anakin can compete in is physical strength. Grievous's cybernetic limbs unlike Anakin's are far more deadly in that they are sharp enough in conjunction with his physical strength to pierce through Mandalorian armor. His limbs also allow him far greater mobility as he can climb up vertical space, keep himself suspended in horizontal space and attach and detach himself at will. We've seen him dodge force attacks without precognition as well and we know he slew entire companies of clones and Jedi completely unarmed in the caves during the Battle of Genonosis.

The Anakin wank was mildly amusing but I feel as if we crossed a line somewhere where the joking became serious.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 02:24 PM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

You think Grievous is faster than Anakin? laughing

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 02:29 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Skywalker. He's faster and stronger.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 02:32 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Originally posted by The Ellimist
You think Grievous is faster than Anakin? laughing

Know he's faster. Base Anakin can't even perceive Sidious or Windu in an amped state. Grievous can keep up with Mace whilst hindered despite the latter having precognition while he does not. That either makes the speed disparity between Grievous and Anakin in the General's favor or paints the General as far more skilled then Windu. Logically given Grievous's cybernetics have been stated to put him above any Jedi in a physical sense I feel it's only logical for it to be the former. If you want to believe that Grievous is far more skilled then Mace though be my guest. :P

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 02:51 PM
MythLord
Diamond

Cancer.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 02:57 PM
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Anakin bends GG over the table.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 03:02 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Grievous threw Kenobi around like a ****ing ragdoll, it was hilarious.

Anakin hasn't done it because he couldn't do it.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2016 10:05 AM
MythLord
Diamond

So Grievous land three punches on Kenobi that threw him back means he can dominate Kenobi, yet Anakin literally bending Kenobi's bones and smashing him via sheer physical force doesn't?

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jul 1st, 2016 10:22 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

That was also an inhibited Emokin.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2016 10:25 AM
Jmanghan

So Grievous land three punches on Kenobi that threw him back means he can dominate Kenobi, yet Anakin literally bending Kenobi's bones and smashing him via sheer physical force doesn't?
He threw him up to the ceiling in a HANGER, do you know how ****ing high that is?

Not even mentioning we see the Kenobi repeatedly HURTS himself trying to hurt Grievous in any type of physical confrontation.

Something else you seem to be forgetting is that Kenobi was physically MATCHING Anakin at certain points of the fight.

When the lava raises, you can see them grabbing ahold of each other's arms and pushing against each other, with neither one gaining dominance over the other.

The only time we see Anakin dominating Kenobi is by grabbing his throat (Which happens to anyone in real life, ask a 12 year old kid to squeeze your throat, it does damage, my friend, actually, I straight up promise you that if you let a 5-9 year old squeeze your throat for long enough, you will not only feel significant pain, but you could die.)

Not that it was that impressive because Kenobi follows it up by kicking him, which drops him, immediately.

I will argue against your use of novels, in general, when they are used incorrectly.

Oh, and he didn't punch Kenobi, he slapped him.

Opening Grievous ribcage is something that I could've done, it didn't look out of the ordinary in the slightest, and Kenobi got a swift *****-slap for it. Grievous was dominating him physically the entire time.

Your argument is falling apart at the seams, try to sew it back up again.

Last edited by Jmanghan on Jul 1st, 2016 at 12:32 PM

Old Post Jul 1st, 2016 12:25 PM
MythLord
Diamond

He threw him up to the ceiling in a HANGER, do you know how ****ing high that is?

When did Grievous do that?

Not even mentioning we see the Kenobi repeatedly HURTS himself trying to hurt Grievous in any type of physical confrontation.

You mean when one of his kicks failed on Grievous? Yeah, that doesn't say much. You have instances in the novel(which Lucas himself helped write, and is thus as valid as the movie) where Obi bends Grievous' arm like a cheap spoon, clearly displaying superior strength.

Something else you seem to be forgetting is that Kenobi was physically MATCHING Anakin at certain points of the fight.

When the lava raises, you can see them grabbing ahold of each other's arms and pushing against each other, with neither one gaining dominance over the other.

A brief moment in a lock proves nothing. Kenobi was getting choked like a b!tch, and later Obi felt his forearms bending at Anakin's strength.

The only time we see Anakin dominating Kenobi is by grabbing his throat (Which happens to anyone in real life, ask a 12 year old kid to squeeze your throat, it does damage, my friend, actually, I straight up promise you that if you let a 5-9 year old squeeze your throat for long enough, you will not only feel significant pain, but you could die.)

No, that isn't the only time and I'm so sorry if a 5, 9 or 12 year old once choked you near-death, but if you're stronger or of rivalling strength you'd be able to break free of a choke-hold by grabbing and pulling away the opponents hand.

Not that it was that impressive because Kenobi follows it up by kicking him, which drops him, immediately.

And Anakin floors him with a kick, and smashes him onto a wall(in the novel) via physical superiority. Your point? This is all an emotionally conflicted and hindered Anakin, BTW, so not at his peak.

I will argue against your use of novels, in general, when they are used incorrectly.

It isn't incorrect use if I draw from a source that Lucas himself helped in writing. The novel is as valid as the movie in terms of gauging a character's capabilities. You're just cherry-picking, which is a logical fallacy. But, if you want to play that game and cherry-pick sources, I'll just remind you how Ahsoka bent Grievous' arm once. Ahsoka!

Oh, and he didn't punch Kenobi, he slapped him.

K. And Kenobi wasn't sent back, but not harmed by the attack.

Your argument is falling apart at the seams, try to sew it back up again.

My argument doesn't revolve around cherry-picking, and is constructed from looking at the broader picture, rather than the narrow-minded "MOVIE ONLY" point of view.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jul 1st, 2016 12:37 PM
Jmanghan

When did Grievous do that?

You mean when one of his kicks failed on Grievous? Yeah, that doesn't say much. You have instances in the novel(which Lucas himself helped write, and is thus as valid as the movie) where Obi bends Grievous' arm like a cheap spoon, clearly displaying superior strength.

A brief moment in a lock proves nothing. Kenobi was getting choked like a b!tch, and later Obi felt his forearms bending at Anakin's strength.

No, that isn't the only time and I'm so sorry if a 5, 9 or 12 year old once choked you near-death, but if you're stronger or of rivalling strength you'd be able to break free of a choke-hold by grabbing and pulling away the opponents hand.

And Anakin floors him with a kick, and smashes him onto a wall(in the novel) via physical superiority. Your point? This is all an emotionally conflicted and hindered Anakin, BTW, so not at his peak.

It isn't incorrect use if I draw from a source that Lucas himself helped in writing. The novel is as valid as the movie in terms of gauging a character's capabilities. You're just cherry-picking, which is a logical fallacy. But, if you want to play that game and cherry-pick sources, I'll just remind you how Ahsoka bent Grievous' arm once. Ahsoka!

K. And Kenobi wasn't sent back, but not harmed by the attack.

My argument doesn't revolve around cherry-picking, and is constructed from looking at the broader picture, rather than the narrow-minded "MOVIE ONLY" point of view.
Just because Lucas helped write it, doesn't mean shit, both me and DMB have pointed this out to you. Back to the argument tho.

1. Concede that point, hadn't watched the fight in awhile, I had confused Grievous getting force pushed into the ceiling with Grievous throwing Kenobi.

2. Him bending Grievous' arm proves nothing when Kenobi was getting thrown and smacked around by Girevous like a little *****.

3. Preaches about how bending someone's arm is superior strength (which I did to my friend in high school when I was like 160lb, he was 296 lb.), yet then talks about how A LOCK between their ****ing arms doesn't require superior strength. It meant nothing?? Also, someone the same size as you would have the ability to quite possibly hold you down, and choke you, without you being able to do shit about it. In relation to your little "superior strength" about how pushing someone into a wall makes you stronger then them (lol), my little brother who is half my size was able to tackle me. (HAHAHA, his little brother was able to tackle him, what a loser).

4. Yes it was, and I've already countered that point.

5. ...A

Old Post Jul 1st, 2016 01:05 PM