KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » darth nihilus runs the sidious gauntlet

darth nihilus runs the sidious gauntlet
Started by: aalyasecura95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
aaylasecura95

darth nihilus runs the sidious gauntlet

conditions

nihilus fully fed and in perfect physical condition
location = ravager bridge
start 20m apart
speed equalized

_

gauntlet:

warmup: 65bby sidious

1 early apprentice sidious

2 52 bby sidious

3 tpm sidious (pre plagy death)

4 tpm sidious (post plagy death)

5 aotc sidious

6 rots sidious

7 anh sidious

8 rotj sidious

9 de sidious

10 tpm sidious+rots sidious

love and kindness:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHp69F7vrLU

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 03:38 PM
Click here to Send aaylasecura95 a Private Message Find more posts by aaylasecura95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wins rounds 1 and 2, dies at everything else.

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 03:39 PM
Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JKBart

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 03:49 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

5-6.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 03:50 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 04:04 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 06:17 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Nihilus uber drains them all tbh, Sid's later forms are more powerful; but I doubt he can block Nihilus' drain.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 07:07 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Nihilius can't even react.
And when has Nihilius drained someone, who is far more powerful?

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 07:09 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Nihilus' drain is pretty much unblockable, it's possible Sid doesn't know how to block his version of drain.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 07:11 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

:/
Nihilius could also drain Revan, Valkorion and Luke then? Even the Ones?

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 07:14 PM
darthbane77

Potentially, Revan has the knowledge to block Nihilus (darthant can explain that better than me), Valkorion's probably dead, Luke and the Ones might survive based on what they are in the first place. But that's speculation.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 07:18 PM
Ursumeles
Traitor

I know Ants arguments, and I agree with them. I just wanted to see if you agree. It is likely that Palpatine knows blocking force drain as well,as he potentially has teached it Dooku.
And again: Nihilius never has drained an Force User stronger than himself-especially so ridicioulous more powerful.
No might, before the "survive" please smile

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 07:24 PM
McP

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 07:27 PM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Probably down at 3.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2016 08:02 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aaylasecura95

Originally posted by Ursumeles
Nihilius can't even react.

Originally posted by aalyasecura95
conditions

nihilus fully fed and in perfect physical condition
location = ravager bridge
start 20m apart
speed equalized

btw

love and kindness:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHp69F7vrLU

Old Post Sep 12th, 2016 08:14 AM
Click here to Send aaylasecura95 a Private Message Find more posts by aaylasecura95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Sidious doesn't need to block Nihilus' Drain, by the way. By definition, Nihilus' Drain requires him to Sever Palpatine, which he can't do since Sheev is more powerful.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2016 09:20 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by SunRazer
By definition, Nihilus' Drain requires him to Sever Palpatine, which he can't do since Sheev is more powerful.

Wut?

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Sep 12th, 2016 09:22 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Originally posted by MythLord
Wut?

It's not Severing in the sense of your average Sever Force, but it's Severing you from life itself as well. This is mentioned more than once in KotOR II:

quote:
"It is a technique that is almost as old as the Sith themselves... it is a means of severing connections between life, the Force, and feeding upon the death it causes."

-- Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

quote:
"I was the only living thing remaining on the planet of Katarr... and my life, my agony, was a flicker in the darkness that was the planet. All that I had been connected to had been severed."

There's a reason why Meetra wasn't Draining people when they were alive, but only doing so once they died - because this technique feeds on death, not life. It requires you to cause death by Severing connections between life and the Force, and then feeding on the death(s) that occurs as a consequence. This is also why this ability is distinct from other versions of Drain displayed in the mythos.

It stands to reason that Nihilus can't do this against beings who are more powerful than him. The no-limits fallacy of "Nihilus kills all with Drain" is also disproven in KotOR II, since Traya survived Nihilus' Drain despite him Draining to kill.

quote:
"There is more. Darth Traya yet lives. You did not kill her, as you assumed."

And the case with Traya also links back to what I said above, since the KotORCG claims that her powers were drained by her apprentices, yet she claims in KotOR II that she was "stripped of her powers". It was an incomplete process of the quotes I provided above.

To all the people who think that Nihilus (or even Traya) can instakill anybody with their Drain bar Surik, they're dead wrong, as per KotOR II.

Last edited by SunRazer on Sep 12th, 2016 at 09:34 AM

Old Post Sep 12th, 2016 09:26 AM
MythLord
Diamond

So Traya is powerful enough to sustain life from Nihilus' Drain...

Good, this may or may not be useful if I decide to ever debate Sheev's upper class servants versus Nihilus smile

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Sep 12th, 2016 09:34 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Originally posted by MythLord
So Traya is powerful enough to sustain life from Nihilus' Drain...

Good, this may or may not be useful if I decide to ever debate Sheev's upper class servants versus Nihilus smile

The fact that Traya survived where all of Katarr (bar Visas) didn't is incredibly impressive, yes. As is the fact that Sion was potentially involved in Traya's case, as well.

And yes, it puts an end to the argument that Nihilus/Traya have an Instakill Drain vs anyone, which was a no-limits fallacy from the get-go.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2016 09:35 AM