KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Count Dooku/Ulic Qel-Droma vs. Arcann/Darth Krayt (Lightsabers only)

Count Dooku/Ulic Qel-Droma vs. Arcann/Darth Krayt (Lightsabers only)
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Count Dooku/Ulic Qel-Droma vs. Arcann/Darth Krayt (Lightsabers only)

Duel takes place on neutral ground

Who wins

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2016 12:39 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

Team 1, Arcann's the weak link

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2016 12:41 AM
Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

quote: (post)
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Team 1, Arcann's the weak link

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2016 12:46 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Arcann's on par with Qel-Droma erm

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2016 12:48 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Nah.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2016 12:48 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

What's Qel-Droma done that's better than Arcann fighting the Outlander to a standstill?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2016 12:51 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Being deemed an equal to Kun someone who should logically be more powerful then him.

And the Outlander was amped by a lightsaber.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2016 12:57 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

1. There's nothing that leads me to believe that pre-saberstaff Kun is better than the Outlander with a blade.

2. The Outlander wasn't amped in their first duel, I don't believe. And even if they were, that only makes Arcann better, lol.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2016 12:58 AM
UCanShootMyNova

Kun is logically more powerful then Ulic. Wasn't referring to the Outlander. This being the case means Ulic is more technically skilled then Kun. This isn't taking into account his further growth in power.

He got the Godsaber before facing Arcann. The only time they fought before that Arcann defeated him as far as I'm aware. If you have evidence to the contrary feel free to post it.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2016 01:02 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Just being more powerful than someone doesn't necessarily make you more skilled. That doesn't mean Kun had more inherent ability than Ulic - necessarily. So no, it doesn't need to be balanced out with with Ulic being more "technically skilled", which he obviously wasn't, seeing that it was Kun who would go on to be the technically revolutionary guy with the saberstaff and the ability to alter blade intensity, etc.

Not that technicality matters between duelists of this caliber anyway.

Yes, I'm referring to the time that Arcann won (through ragdolling, not saber skill). You do realize that I'm arguing for Arcann, right? You're siding with him way too much and you're only strengthening my case.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2016 01:04 AM
TheKnight

Where did the Outlander was amped by a saber come from?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2016 01:08 AM
Click here to Send TheKnight a Private Message Find more posts by TheKnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SunRazer
Arcann's on par with Qel-Droma erm

mad eek!

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2016 01:48 AM
Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by SunRazer
Just being more powerful than someone doesn't necessarily make you more skilled. That doesn't mean Kun had more inherent ability than Ulic - necessarily. So no, it doesn't need to be balanced out with with Ulic being more "technically skilled", which he obviously wasn't, seeing that it was Kun who would go on to be the technically revolutionary guy with the saberstaff and the ability to alter blade intensity, etc.

Not that technicality matters between duelists of this caliber anyway.

Yes, I'm referring to the time that Arcann won (through ragdolling, not saber skill). You do realize that I'm arguing for Arcann, right? You're siding with him way too much and you're only strengthening my case.

No. I'm saying because Kun is logically more powerful at the time Ulic has to be more skilled to have been able to stalemate him due to Kun's superior augmentation, reflexes and precognition.

It does considering their power should be relatively even.

I'm just trying to establish the events you're referring to. You understand that the HoT was weakened at the time correct?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2016 02:43 AM
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

Arcann tips the scales in favor of his team. He wins easily over either Dooku or Droma.

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2016 02:53 AM
Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
No. I'm saying because Kun is logically more powerful at the time Ulic has to be more skilled to have been able to stalemate him due to Kun's superior augmentation, reflexes and precognition.

It does considering their power should be relatively even.

I'm just trying to establish the events you're referring to. You understand that the HoT was weakened at the time correct?

I already told you that power doesn't necessarily lead to those, and Kun considered Ulic his rival in power regardless. There wouldn't have been any noticeable disparity in augmentation, reflexes, precognition, etc, just as there was none with regard to skill.

How so? He appeared fine to me.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2016 03:03 AM
UCanShootMyNova

Except it does. Power logically does lead to those except in a few select cases. Ragnos makes it clear who's the superior among those two.

He had been unfrozen from carbonite not long before and forced to fight through Zakuul Knights...

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2016 03:10 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

There wasn't any demonstrable disparity in precognition or augmentation. As I said, any gaps there are negligible. Ragnos made it clear who's stronger, but not by how much. Kun claimed Ulic was a rival by this point, so at this point, one would assume that they were close in power. And given that augmentation and other things represent a mere fraction of one's power, this slight power advantage would not bring any noticeable disparity in augmentation or precognition, as the fight between them shows.

HoT makes a living out of fighting mobs before the boss. Not sure how long ago he was in the carbonite, so I won't comment on that.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2016 03:17 AM
UCanShootMyNova

Still a factor.

Still a factor.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2016 03:21 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Do you know what "negligible" means? It means it's not worth taking into account. And certainly, by all means, it appears that way from the fight itself.

You're drawing wild conclusions and at this point, it's entirely speculation. There's no proof that Kun's superior strength was a factor, and as I recall, Ulic matched him just fine. Everything else is just your speculation.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2016 03:41 AM
UCanShootMyNova

You have no proof that it's negligible. Kun has FAR superior force feats to Ulic by the time they were to engage in a duel. If you'll recall Sidious considered Maul a rival even though he was outclassed.

Your assuming that it was Ulic's comparitive power that allowed him to do so though which you have no evidence of.

It's not speculation to say that fighting through armies of Zakuul Knights right after he was released from carbonite freezing would substantially weaken the HoT.

Last edited by UCanShootMyNova on Oct 2nd, 2016 at 04:00 AM

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2016 03:48 AM