KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Luke Skywalker vs. Snoke (obvious spoilers)

Luke Skywalker vs. Snoke (obvious spoilers)
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Luke Skywalker vs. Snoke (obvious spoilers)

(I'm back! How's it going?)

How hasn't this been done yet?

The Last Jedi versions (with a serious Luke), Luke starts where Rey was in the chamber, no guards.

1. Force
2. All-out

(Note: I know that we didn't get much info on the power levels of either character, but I think it's still fun to speculate - so "we don't know" isn't the ideal answer, IMHO)

Last edited by The Ellimist on Dec 20th, 2017 at 03:48 AM

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 03:34 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Snoke. He's by far the most badass force user even seen.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 03:38 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
Snoke. He's by far the most badass force user even seen.

Honestly, I have no idea. He telekinetically toys with Rey but that doesn't mean anything conclusive because we have no idea whether Luke could've done the same.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 03:40 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by The Ellimist
Honestly, I have no idea. He telekinetically toys with Rey but that doesn't mean anything conclusive because we have no idea whether Luke could've done the same.
We see her and Luke go back and forth skill wise. Luke gains the upper hand until she calls for the lightsaber. She then puts him on his ass. Snoke disarmed her at will. He positioned her wherever he wanted whenever he wanted. He did this to Kylo's equal in the force whose Rae strength scared Luke.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 03:44 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

ares834 is online now!

Considering his dialogue, Snoke appears to be sub-Vader. Luke wins this.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 03:47 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

We see her and Luke go back and forth skill wise. Luke gains the upper hand until she calls for the lightsaber. She then puts him on his ass. Snoke disarmed her at will. He positioned her wherever he wanted whenever he wanted. He did this to Kylo's equal in the force whose Rae strength scared Luke.

Luke was an emotional wreck who had cut himself off from the Force and only fighting to defend himself, and he still disarmed Rey pretty easily. I somehow doubt that Luke didn't TK her because her Force defenses were too strong and not for the 1003 other reasons why he wouldn't do that in that context.

Rey's power "scared" Luke because he feared her turning - if he actually was afraid of her beating him, he would've been scared of Kylo too (or Palpatine, for that matter). Furthermore, the fact that he didn't mention Palpatine, Vader or Snoke in the list of instances he felt that level of raw power suggests that he was referring to potential and not practical power.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 03:47 AM
darthbane77

Eeeeh, assuming Luke underwent a similar rate of growth as he did in the OT (which is a logical assumption), and the only reason he's as weak as he was in TLJ is because of cutting himself off from the Force, I'd probably go with Luke.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 03:51 AM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Luke was an emotional wreck who had cut himself off from the Force and only fighting to defend himself, and he still disarmed Rey pretty easily. I somehow doubt that Luke didn't TK her because her Force defenses were too strong and not for the 1003 other reasons why he wouldn't do that in that context.

Rey's power "scared" Luke because he feared her turning - if he actually was afraid of her beating him, he would've been scared of Kylo too (or Palpatine, for that matter). Furthermore, the fact that he didn't mention Palpatine, Vader or Snoke in the list of instances he felt that level of raw power suggests that he was referring to potential and not practical power.
He used tk to protect himself from falling so why not use it to disarm her. He jousted with her. So he was defending himself and he didn't have to kill her to do so.

Well Kylo wasn't able to do so as they were force equals. You're right he was afraid she'd turn due to how powerful she was. He's only felt that raw strength twice before and it makes sense since the force equalized her force abilities to contend with the darkness rising in Kylo.

We see Ben with less training still effectively use tk on Luke to defend himself. Vader was of course more skilled than Rey he lacked her raw force power. Snoke in a direct use of force power humiliated her to the likes of which we have never seen someone with that level of raw power just moved at the whims of Snoke.

Disney went bigger in every single way as I predicted.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 03:54 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by ares834
Considering his dialogue, Snoke appears to be sub-Vader. Luke wins this.
Your brain seems to be disabled at this point. What from his dialogue even suggests this nonsense. Ares you aren't to be taken seriously. You're a fanboy.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 03:57 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

He used tk to protect himself from falling so why not use it to disarm her.

Because he was ashamed of himself and very clearly not fighting at his best? He had cut himself off from the Force!

Put it this way: do you really think Luke fought Rey the same way he would've fought had Snoke been in front of him? If the answer is "no", then why does his performance against Rey under those emotional circumstances matter?

Edit laptop dying:

I'm on my phone so this is gonna be messy -

quote:

He jousted with her. So he was defending himself and he didn't have to kill her to do so.

I think this is akin to a movie where a guilty guy is just defending himself not fighting back when his much smaller spouse is hitting him - it doesn't imply his inability to restrain her, it's surrounded by a lot of context.

Put it this way: Han Solo or Leia would prob have Luke on his ass were they in Rey's place.

quote:

Well Kylo wasn't able to do so as they were force equals. You're right he was afraid she'd turn due to how powerful she was. He's only felt that raw strength twice before and it makes sense since the force equalized her force abilities to contend with the darkness rising in Kylo.

We see Ben with less training still effectively use tk on Luke to defend himself. Vader was of course more skilled than Rey he lacked her raw force power. Snoke in a direct use of force power humiliated her to the likes of which we have never seen someone with that level of raw power just moved at the whims of Snoke.

Disney went bigger in every single way as I predicted. [/B]

Well the Kylo vs Luke "fight" in the flashback is even less an indication of fighting ability than what we saw.

Last edited by The Ellimist on Dec 20th, 2017 at 04:08 AM

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 03:59 AM
ares834

ares834 is online now!

Your brain seems to be disabled at this point. What from his dialogue even suggests this nonsense. Ares you aren't to be taken seriously. You're a fanboy.

Shhh. The grown ups are talking.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 04:00 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Shhh. The grown ups are talking.
You misunderstanding the dialogue to have some sort of fanboyish interpretation only a retard would buy. Go find a Vader retarded fanboy and hold his hand while singing praises to Vader.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 04:04 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

I would honestly take Snoke, here.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 04:07 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

YES. YOU ARE BACK

Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

ares834 is online now!

You misunderstanding the dialogue to have some sort of fanboyish interpretation only a retard would buy. Go find a Vader retarded fanboy and hold his hand while singing praises to Vader.

I would but unfortunately Snoke was killed. Poor thing. He even wore a ring from Vader's castle to showcase his love for Vader.

quanchi112
Disney

Because he was ashamed of himself and very clearly not fighting at his best? He had cut himself off from the Force!

Put it this way: do you really think Luke fought Rey the same way he would've fought had Snoke been in front of him? If the answer is "no", then why does his performance against Rey under those emotional circumstances matter?

Edit laptop dying:
He used the force in the same scene. No, but Snoke wouldn't fight Luke with the same mockery he toyed with Rey. He looked at her as a joke without having to even exert himself to disarm her at will. She wasn't a joke to Luke per his words and actions. Actions matter. Luke has this shameful negative perspective that we can't separate his mindset from the character.

Based off what we see from the characters Snoke would destroy Luke.

quanchi112
Disney

I would but unfortunately Snoke was killed. Poor thing. He even wore a ring from Vader's castle to showcase his love for Vader.
So was Luke. Poor suicidal Jedi. He liked the dedication Vader had which is what he wanted from Kylo. Once Kylo was no longer spiritually weakened and he accomplished his objective his faith was restored in him. Vader pre Luke and the emperor had firm resolve. Snoke also mocked Hux until he explained how they still had the resistance by a string. Snoke was going to mock those who failed him. Snoke also said those things to Kylo to manipulate him into regaining his resolve and accomplishing his mission of bringing Rey before him.

Ps. Snoke is the most powerful force user ever seen on film. Not Palpatine, not Yoda, and not Luke. Especially not Vader.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 04:10 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

He used the force in the same scene. No, but Snoke wouldn't fight Luke with the same mockery he toyed with Rey. He looked at her as a joke without having to even exert himself to disarm her at will. She wasn't a joke to Luke per his words and actions. Actions matter. Luke has this shameful negative perspective that we can't separate his mindset from the character.

Based off what we see from the characters Snoke would destroy Luke.

I said this in my edited post but if Han or Leia had drawn a lightsaber in that scene instead of Rey I imagine he'd still have fallen on his ass. It's just unreasonable to ignore the emotional context there, like seriously unless if you think Buu Saga Vegeta > Goku because after Buu blew up Earth Vegeta grabs Goku by the shirt and he doesn't fight back.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 04:12 AM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Waiting for your response right now...

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 04:15 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I said this in my edited post but if Han or Leia had drawn a lightsaber in that scene instead of Rey I imagine he'd still have fallen on his ass. It's just unreasonable to ignore the emotional context there, like seriously unless if you think Buu Saga Vegeta > Goku because after Buu blew up Earth Vegeta grabs Goku by the shirt and he doesn't fight back.
Dude, this is who Luke is. He dropped his saber and wouldn't even finish Vader in Rotj. I also don't believe Leia or Han would have caused him to fall back. Luke fought back and disarmed her. She donned the lightsaber and Luke fell back. If he never fought back you'd have a point but he clearly defended himself and still lost his balance.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 04:15 AM