KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » ROTS Kenobi vs TPM Mace

ROTS Kenobi vs TPM Mace
Started by: Sinious

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sinious
Yo Da Best

ROTS Kenobi vs TPM Mace

Who wins

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Oct 8th, 2018 03:58 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Honestly probably Mace

Old Post Oct 8th, 2018 04:34 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordOfTheLight

Kenobi

Old Post Oct 8th, 2018 05:02 PM
Click here to Send LordOfTheLight a Private Message Find more posts by LordOfTheLight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Mace, no question.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 8th, 2018 05:07 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

Probably Mace, but a few months later, and I think Kenobi would win.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2018 05:24 PM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CuckedCurry

Mace.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2018 07:34 PM
Click here to Send CuckedCurry a Private Message Find more posts by CuckedCurry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TenebrousWay
God Tier Vaylin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jaggarath
Mace, no question.

"On the edge of sanity"

Old Post Oct 8th, 2018 08:00 PM
Click here to Send TenebrousWay a Private Message Find more posts by TenebrousWay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Underachiever59

I'm kinda curious, what are the feats attributed to TPM Mace? He hasn't even finished developing Vaapad, has he?

I think I'd give this one to Kenobi.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2018 09:09 PM
Click here to Send Underachiever59 a Private Message Find more posts by Underachiever59 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Stated to be on par with / more powerful than TPM Yoda.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 8th, 2018 09:47 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheIndyJedi

If darthant is correct, then Mace.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2018 11:17 AM
Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Stated/implied does not make is true.

Even as of ROTS Mace is clearly not Yodas equal in the Force. There may be a level of parity in Sabers, but hell no is he more powerful than Yoda or even his equal in all out combat.

That said, even being compared to Yoda puts him above any version of Kenobi.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2018 02:19 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

Kenobi surpassed Mace shortly after RotS

Old Post Oct 11th, 2018 03:30 AM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordOfTheLight

In general, while I do see the gap in power between ROTS Mace and ROTS Obi Wan as significant enough for a decisive victory every time, I don't see a single reason why TPM Mace should be awarded the same honor considering that he would be vastly less powerful than ROTS Mace. Having more than a decade to grow in power, and 3 of which are spent in a period of constant war, and considering his massive potential which likely rivals that of Sidious's and the fact that his style of combat is based on drawing strength from his emotions i.e. skirting the dark side and considering the fact that he is still relatively young around TPM, means we would have to ignore a great deal of thematic evidence to not conclude at the very least, a pretty substantial difference in power between TPM Mace and ROTS Mace.

Even if I am generous and give Mace the power edge, it is equally obvious that it is small enough to not matter at all, considering Jedi restraints and I am not aware of any skill based showings that TPM Mace has that place him anywhere near ROTS Kenobi in lightsaber combat. That and considering that lightsaber combat is what primarily determines the outcome of duels, I am not seeing why Kenobi doesn't take the majority.

Last edited by LordOfTheLight on Oct 11th, 2018 at 04:22 AM

Old Post Oct 11th, 2018 04:19 AM
Click here to Send LordOfTheLight a Private Message Find more posts by LordOfTheLight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CuckedCurry

Kenobi’s potential is factually below Yoda’s. This notion that Kenobi has near Sidious-level potential needs to end.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2018 08:15 AM
Click here to Send CuckedCurry a Private Message Find more posts by CuckedCurry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slayne
Revanite

-

Last edited by slayne on Oct 11th, 2018 at 06:53 PM

Old Post Oct 11th, 2018 06:51 PM
Click here to Send slayne a Private Message Find more posts by slayne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordOfTheLight

quote:
Kenobi’s potential is factually below Yoda’s. This notion that Kenobi has near Sidious-level potential needs to end.

You mean Mace's potential?

It is obvious that Mace's potential is Sidious level since he is Sidious level by ROTS despite being more than a decade younger than Sidious lol.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2018 08:00 PM
CuckedCurry

Hold on

My bad

Old Post Oct 12th, 2018 07:14 AM
BazookaMaster

Mace, 10/10.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2018 12:22 AM
Click here to Send BazookaMaster a Private Message Find more posts by BazookaMaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird
Wrecker - Scientist Class

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Underachiever59
I'm kinda curious, what are the feats attributed to TPM Mace? He hasn't even finished developing Vaapad, has he?

I think I'd give this one to Kenobi.

Actually when did he finish developing Vaapad?

"Dooku is not top tier,-" - Jensaarai1.

YouTube Channel With VS Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhNQdtnbLQf80P-91V917w
IG: red_spade_25
Twitter: @AnikenJonas

Old Post Oct 20th, 2018 12:22 AM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StarWarsFan77
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mace

I am Darth Caedus.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 10:54 PM
Click here to Send StarWarsFan77 a Private Message Find more posts by StarWarsFan77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote