KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Qui-Gon Jinn vs Ventress

Qui-Gon Jinn vs Ventress
Started by: Meatpants

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Meatpants

Qui-Gon Jinn vs Ventress

1. Sabers
2. Force
3. All-out

Old Post Dec 5th, 2018 07:18 AM
Click here to Send Meatpants a Private Message Find more posts by Meatpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ventress is just better at everything. It's a decent fight, but Jinn runs out of steam and dies.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2018 07:18 AM
Click here to Send RealistRacism a Private Message Find more posts by RealistRacism Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Underachiever59

Ventress in all three. Qui-Gon just doesn't stack up.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2018 07:25 AM
Click here to Send Underachiever59 a Private Message Find more posts by Underachiever59 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Meatpants

Idk about sabers though; Jinn had a thorough understanding of how to face a Makashi wielder, and Ventress was clearly a lot sloppier than Dooku. This, along with Jinn's superior strength and experience leads me to believe that he's a cut above her in lightsaber dueling.

I may be wrong though, thoughts?

Old Post Dec 5th, 2018 07:29 AM
Click here to Send Meatpants a Private Message Find more posts by Meatpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jinn has less experience though... and Ventress constantly contending with Anakin and Kenobi - sometimes together - is a superior display of strength than anything we've seen from Qui-Gon, considering their strength feats trump his.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2018 07:40 AM
Click here to Send RealistRacism a Private Message Find more posts by RealistRacism Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CactusJoe
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RealistRacism
Ventress is just better at everything. It's a decent fight, but Jinn runs out of steam and dies.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2018 08:02 AM
Click here to Send CactusJoe a Private Message Find more posts by CactusJoe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Meatpants

Originally posted by RealistRacism
Jinn has less experience though... and Ventress constantly contending with Anakin and Kenobi - sometimes together - is a superior display of strength than anything we've seen from Qui-Gon, considering their strength feats trump his.

How is being the apprentice of the greatest Makashi user of the era (and arguably of most other era's save the ancient Sith) not count as considerable experience? Or that Jinn reguarly sparred and bested the temple Battlemaster, and is considered one of the greatest duelists in the Jedi Order? Jinn has a tonne of experience sparring against high level duelists, including Dooku himself. Dooku was able to identify every weakness of Ataru. Jinn clearly wasn't able to do the same with Makashi, since the latter is technically superior to the former, but Jinn would have a deep and thorough knowledge of Makashi due to regualr sparring matches with Dooku over decades of training. Jinn would therefore have a significant knowledge of how to undermine a Makashi user, especially one like Ventress who is noted to be considerably sloppier than Dooku. If Jinn could contend with Darth Maul's Juyo style and put him off balance - at least temporarily, I fail to see how a Dark Adept nowhere close to Dooku's mastery of Makashi could definitively beat Jinn in sabers.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2018 08:07 AM
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jinn has generic "Most skilled" and "Best ever" accolades given out to nearly all PT force wielders with a name, big deal. Every single Jedi in the Order has a lot of experience sparring against high level duelists, but that doesn't mean they are in any way comparable.

Yes but Asajj's Makashi isn't really textbook... It's basically just Ataru/Niman. Regardless, you could argue that Jinn may pick up on her form and potentially exploit certain weaknesses, but I'd wager that she could do the same. Considering that form IV was among the most popular during the PT era, and the fact that Ventress herself has likely mastered it, plus she's fought notable practitioners of the form; Ahsoka Tano, Quinlan Vos, likely others I can't think of right now. There's just as much reason to believe that Ventress knows Ataru inside and out, as there is Jinn knowing a lot about Makashi.

But we're going into really autistic logistical edges that Qui-Gon possibly has (but likely doesn't), when instead we should be looking at Asajj's far better feats, namely;
- Matching/Defeating early-mid TCW Anakin Skywalker on multiple occasions.
- Easily defending against Mace Windu's strength with one hand, despite his momentum and superior leverage.
- Defeating Kit Fisto before her prime.
- Contending with/matching early-mid TCW Obi-Wan.

There are more, but these really should be enough to cement her as solidly above Qui-Gon.

If we're talking about the most skilled swordsmen, I should mention that alongside briefly contending with Mace far before her prime, she's also a confirmed superior to Sora Bulq (Being Dooku's deadliest agent according to multiple sources); "One of the greatest Lightsaber instructors the Jedi Order had ever known."

Jinn may have contended with Maul, but that was largely due to Maul having to divide his attention between two opponents and Qui-Gon getting time to meditate, which made him 'fresh' enough to briefly get the upper-hand. In this situation however, those factors aren't present, so all Ventress needs to do is drag on the fight until he tires, and victory is assured.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2018 02:52 PM
Beelzebub

Ventress.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2018 06:15 PM
Click here to Send Beelzebub a Private Message Find more posts by Beelzebub Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Jinn, decent fight.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 5th, 2018 06:32 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheIndyJedi

Ventress great fight

Old Post Dec 5th, 2018 09:12 PM
Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

Originally posted by TheIndyJedi
Ventress great fight

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2018 09:25 PM
Click here to Send Geistalt a Private Message Find more posts by Geistalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Probably split. Not sure who gets the majority. Probably Ventress if we go by feats/showings.

Would love to see both of Dookus favourite apprentices go at it.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2018 10:54 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Ventress wins easily, remember Jinn died long before the Clone Wars, everybody got much better during the Wars due to constant fighting. Qui Gon was barely able to contend with Maul 10 years earlier, he's not on that Clone Wars combatant level by default. He loses badly.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2018 01:28 AM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Jaggarath
Jinn, decent fight.

gay

Old Post Dec 6th, 2018 07:36 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by relentless1
Ventress wins easily, remember Jinn died long before the Clone Wars, everybody got much better during the Wars due to constant fighting. Qui Gon was barely able to contend with Maul 10 years earlier, he's not on that Clone Wars combatant level by default. He loses badly.

I dont know that Everyone Got Better.

But Maul was solidly above Ventress and the majority of the Council regardless.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2018 08:05 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Meatpants

I'll be replying sometime tomorrow, I will still argue for Jinn in at least sabers. I'm new, so I'm not sure how my debating skills will play out, hopefully I can do a good defence.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2018 08:08 AM
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Thor
I dont know that Everyone Got Better.

But Maul was solidly above Ventress and the majority of the Council regardless.

Everyone absolutely got better, and Ventress was above most of the Council as well... We all know you and Ant are taking Jinn's side because of your shared disliking of Dooku smile

Old Post Dec 6th, 2018 08:17 AM
Meatpants

I used to dislike Dooku, but after reading the Plagueis novel I've gained respect for him.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2018 08:27 AM
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is it because TPM Sheev was worried that Dooku might take him out even before any dark side training? smile

Old Post Dec 6th, 2018 08:28 AM