KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Shocking rumour: Predator remake?!

Shocking rumour: Predator remake?!
Started by: Pandemoniac

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Pandemoniac
Disco Infernal

Shocking rumour: Predator remake?!

Hollywood's insanity got shifted in even higher gear if this is true!

Just came across an article about a possible oncoming remake of the original Predator movie.
According to a wrestling newsletter; John Cena is up for the lead role in the remake, while word goes around that director John McTiernan has been approached by FOX to direct it... All a bit vague, but even these rumours brought tears to my eyes.
The first Predator movie was a pure classic, with all the right elements and chemistry. The remake will be without Arnold, Bill Duke, Jesse Ventura and not the least Kevin Peter Hall as the Pred.
Instead we get some void-skull who dares to think he can fill Schwarzenegger's shoes, probably one of those wimps who 'acted' as a Pred in AvP, and a bunch of side characters of which I can't even start to imagine how shallow and redundant they will be.
Further more, it seems John McTiernan has been offered the job to avoid him making a Thomas Crown Affair sequel, as FOX is probably sure of the fact that such a movie will be a leech to the wallet (and they should), so they toss him something like this. Yeah, clever thinking... just fire the sucka!
I could rampage in rage for hours on this, but for now I think my point is clear, Thy shall not remake Predator, or burn in hell forever!

Old Post Oct 30th, 2005 04:07 PM
Pandemoniac is currently offline Click here to Send Pandemoniac a Private Message Find more posts by Pandemoniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

I'm a HUGE Swchwarzenegger fan!! Predator is one of my best films. When I also heard about this I was shock!! The question is WHY? Why remake a classic? Can't Hollywood think of original material?

What is the world coming to?

I hope they don't remake this film.

'If its remade, we can kill it!'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/trailermaker/view/7frbbc

Old Post Nov 12th, 2005 11:49 PM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by barand1
Why remake a classic?

If you haven't noticed, plenty of classics have been being remade.

Anyway, all this is a rumour, don't take it seriously, it won't happen for at least twenty years.

Or maybe, you're getting confused with this movie:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0483778/

Old Post Nov 13th, 2005 12:52 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

This is nothing but a mere rumor. No worries.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2005 08:06 PM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Solo
http://imdb.com/title/tt0483778/

Sounds delightful.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2005 08:25 PM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Wouldn't it not really be a remake unless they actually redesigned the predator costume? I honestly can't imagine it not being a sequel if they use the same costume unless all the people go by the same names. If the characters use different names and the Predator is designed the same, it will just seem like a sequel.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2005 01:07 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

This movie's not even that old. A remake already? They really are running out of ideas these days.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Nov 15th, 2005 06:00 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Remakes tend to be of movies at least thirty years old. Give it time before we see a Predator remake.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2005 07:22 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Funkadelic

Just remake the original movie?
Like no new plot what so ever?
**** dude, that sucks.

It's an image worth pondering for a moment. Maybe, when you cut past the instrumental and songwriting virtuosity, the funny voices and characters, what is left is a man alone in his recording studio for days at a time.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2005 04:00 PM
Funkadelic is currently offline Click here to Send Funkadelic a Private Message Find more posts by Funkadelic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
b-dan
Son of Sparda

ANOTHER REMAKE WHAT IS WRONG WITH HOLLYWOOD AND JHON CENA THIS WILL BE A HORRIBLE MOVIE WHY ARE THEY REMAKING IT PREDATOR HAD ONLY ITS SHARE OF 3 SEQUILS I WOULD WAIT ANOTHER 15 YEARS TOREMAKE IT BUT I DONT WANT IT TO HAPPEN!!!!

Old Post Nov 15th, 2005 09:12 PM
b-dan is currently offline Click here to Send b-dan a Private Message Find more posts by b-dan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shwartz
Smith will suffice

This is definitely something to be P.Oed about. Definitely a great movie, and it's not that old. Then to even consider using a "wrestler" to fill Arnold's shoes, nope that won't do.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2005 10:08 PM
Shwartz is currently offline Click here to Send Shwartz a Private Message Find more posts by Shwartz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A Hero's Fate
The Legend Ends

john cena says that he heard of the predator remake but he thinks he cant replace arnold. and no he had heard no sign of him being in the lead role

Old Post Nov 15th, 2005 10:54 PM
A Hero's Fate is currently offline Click here to Send A Hero's Fate a Private Message Find more posts by A Hero's Fate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A Hero's Fate
The Legend Ends

the only big strong wrestlers to fit it would be batista or brock lesnar. but they are still tiny compared to arnold

Old Post Nov 15th, 2005 10:57 PM
A Hero's Fate is currently offline Click here to Send A Hero's Fate a Private Message Find more posts by A Hero's Fate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
b-dan
Son of Sparda

who said htey need wrestlers for the part

Old Post Nov 16th, 2005 02:22 AM
b-dan is currently offline Click here to Send b-dan a Private Message Find more posts by b-dan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shwartz
Smith will suffice

No one did say that I don't think. I don't think anyone could play that role like Arnold.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2005 04:11 PM
Shwartz is currently offline Click here to Send Shwartz a Private Message Find more posts by Shwartz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pandemoniac
Disco Infernal

No need to worry after all, the Predator remake was indeed a mere rumour, scary but false thank god. The idea did pop up in some of Fox's lesser mentally capable associates and their views on the storyboard and possible cast leaked out. None of Fox's chairmen even approved to it and none of the supposed stars were ever approached for this.
It's not gonna happen (at least for now)...

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 08:45 AM
Pandemoniac is currently offline Click here to Send Pandemoniac a Private Message Find more posts by Pandemoniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote