KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Link vs Luffy

How does the battle play out?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Link wins both Rounds 2 18.18%
Straw Hats win both Rounds 3 27.27%
They tie for victories 0 0%
Aura stop making bad threads. 6 54.55%
Total: 11 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Link vs Luffy
Started by: AuraAngel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Link vs Luffy

The Strawhat Crew from the anime One Pieceland near Hyrule and a scouting party goes ahead(Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, and Franky) to check out the area. Along the way they run into the title main character of the LoZ games, Link. Link doesn't trust them so he draws his Master Sword on them. Luffy, excited to fight someone strong, jumps into fight him(much to the annoyance of Zoro, who usually fights the swordsmen).

Round 1: Battle takes place in the field outside Hyrule in OoT. This is Post-time skip Luffy vs the strongest incarnation of Link(and I'll say it right now: None of this Omnipotent triforce buisness. If Link to the Past Link is the strongest, fine. But he can't just use the Triforce to wish them away or something. I'm banning the complete Triforce's wishing capabilities). This is a fight to...well not the death. I'll explain it with...

Round 2: Regardless of who wins round one, both parties will retreat(if Luffy wins, the crew leave for lunch, and if Link wins they bid a tactical retreat) where they both get to heal up. Link, whichever version is the strongest, decides to break out the Four Sword(Yeah I'm giving it to him just so there will be 4 of the Strongest version). Luffy and the others will return and this time it's a 4 on 4 battle that.

CIS is on, I'm giving whichever Link is chosen feats from the SSB Games for kicks, the Straw Hats get anime feats unless they contradict the manga, and standard rules apply. Who wins!? The Hero of Time or the Future Pirate King!?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2012 02:09 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

1. Luffy beats him to death

2. Luffy solos with a goma goma no gatling gun.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2012 02:26 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

Oh, here we go.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2012 02:55 PM
The Scenario is currently offline Click here to Send The Scenario a Private Message Find more posts by The Scenario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

The rubber douche? The ****, man. no expression

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2012 03:08 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

The OP side are stronger, faster, have better range and got a few special moves just in case.

The only way Link('s) can stand a chance is if t)he(y had those lightning reactions backed with some decent hax.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Aug 31st, 2012 04:30 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T-Wrecks
Mathmatical!

This would be such a curb stomp for Luffy that it's not even funny. Hell, this would be easy even for Pre-time skip Luffy, but Post-time skip would win this fight in like one punch.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 31st, 2012 06:29 PM
T-Wrecks is currently offline Click here to Send T-Wrecks a Private Message Find more posts by T-Wrecks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Do I get to point out obvious power scaling from SS? stick out tongue

Also, stop picking opponents I don't know much about. >:C

Edit: Wait, are you saying I get to use Link with the full triforce, he just can't use the wishing capability? no expression How strong is Luffy that this could be a good idea?

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Last edited by ScreamPaste on Aug 31st, 2012 at 08:38 PM

Old Post Aug 31st, 2012 08:27 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Luffy is fast enough to casually dodge a laser and call it slow and strong enough for punch someone with a 700 ton solid gold ball fused to his arm and punch through several meters of bedrock, collapse several builds and create a small earthquake.

All without using his power-boosts which make him stronger and faster. no expression

That's all you need to know.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2012 08:38 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
Luffy is fast enough to casually dodge a laser and call it slow and strong enough for punch someone with a 700 ton solid gold ball fused to his arm and punch through several meters of bedrock, collapse several builds and create a small earthquake.

All without using his power-boosts which make him stronger and faster. no expression

That's all you need to know.
Which is impressive. Pretty cool. Was that all the same punch?

Also, if what I understand here is right, Aura is letting Link have the triforce. Sooo yeah. If this interpretation is right, then that is all I need to know.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2012 08:40 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T-Wrecks
Mathmatical!

All you need to know is that Luffy only needs 1 second to dart over to Link and punch him in the face so hard that his head explodes all before Link can open his mute mouth.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2012 08:44 PM
T-Wrecks is currently offline Click here to Send T-Wrecks a Private Message Find more posts by T-Wrecks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by T-Wrecks
All you need to know is that Luffy only needs 1 second to dart over to Link and punch him in the face so hard that his head explodes all before Link can open his mute mouth.
I'm afraid that, no, until I know whether Link has the full triforce, that's not certain at all. If Link does the argument could be made said punch wouldn't achieve anything.

Each piece of the triforce is shown to be very powerful on it's own. Granting levels of power, speed, durability, magical capability, magical defense, ect.

The ToC and ToP together alone would probably make Link close to or fully invulnerable from Luffy's attacks. Throwing in the ToW completes the whole deal and, well, yeah.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2012 08:50 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Which is impressive. Pretty cool. Was that all the same punch?

Also, if what I understand here is right, Aura is letting Link have the triforce. Sooo yeah. If this interpretation is right, then that is all I need to know.

No. The punch where he had a gold ball attached to his arm was later. Also when he punched through the bedrock it was a series of punches that did it. Although it looks like that last one did alot of work

I'm pretty sure he's banned the Triforce. Theres no point if Link is invincible or elevated to a god or whatever.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2012 08:53 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

No. The punch where he had a gold ball attached to his arm was later. Also when he punched through the bedrock it was a series of punches that did it. Although it looks like that last one did alot of work

I'm pretty sure he's banned the Triforce. Theres no point if Link is invincible or elevated to a god or whatever.

quote:
This is Post-time skip Luffy vs the strongest incarnation of Link(and I'll say it right now: None of this Omnipotent triforce buisness. If Link to the Past Link is the strongest, fine. But he can't just use the Triforce to wish them away or something. I'm banning the complete Triforce's wishing capabilities).

Banning its' wishing capabilities, but it sounds like Link can still have it.

Anyway, will peruse feats and see if an argument can be made for non-godlike-Link as well. Thanks for links.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2012 08:56 PM
T-Wrecks
Mathmatical!

Seriously, unless we are talking about cheap Deus Ex Machina Triforce god powers, it doesn't matter which part of the Triforce Link has unless it makes him invulnerable, in which case this thread is pointless. Even if Link can shoot triforce death beams, Luffy is inhumanly fast and Link isn't. Literally all Luffy needs is one second to lay link out.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2012 09:04 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Seriously. Any incarnation of Link eats one of these in the first few seconds and doesn't get up again:

Old Post Aug 31st, 2012 09:09 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by T-Wrecks
Seriously, unless we are talking about cheap Deus Ex Machina Triforce god powers, it doesn't matter which part of the Triforce Link has unless it makes him invulnerable, in which case this thread is pointless. Even if Link can shoot triforce death beams, Luffy is inhumanly fast and Link isn't. Literally all Luffy needs is one second to lay link out.
Some of the things the ToP alone can do are very impressive, honestly. Matching it with the ToC and ToW would be er. Stronk.

Also, most Links have feats that display very good combat speed and reaction time.

Seriously. Any incarnation of Link eats one of these in the first few seconds and doesn't get up again:

That clip I'd actually seen before. Luffy's fast obviously, and capable of a lot of damage over many strikes as shown there, but lets be honest that's not current Luffy, what you told me is more impressive than that. And Link would get up after one of those. At first those punches weren't even moving his enemy back, and it took a lot of them to really damage the stone wall behind him.

Anyway, we need Aura in here.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2012 09:14 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

That clip I'd actually seen before. Luffy's fast obviously, and capable of a lot of damage over many strikes as shown there, but lets be honest that's not current Luffy, what you told me is more impressive than that. And Link would get up after one of those. At first those punches weren't even moving his enemy back, and it took a lot of them to really damage the stone wall behind him.

Anyway, we need Aura in here.

Luffy's opponent is using a move called Tekkai to nullify damage. The fact that Luffy was hurting him as much as he was is impressive as hell since before when Luffy hit him while he was using it his fist just bounced off.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2012 09:20 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Luffy's opponent is using a move called Tekkai to nullify damage. The fact that Luffy was hurting him as much as he was is impressive as hell since before when Luffy hit him while he was using it his fist just bounced off.
Eh, I'm still looking at the total damage of the strikes and their ability to harm the stone behind him and those punches in particular don't impress me.

Luffy IS capable of more than that, though, as I've been told and shown.

Still want Aura in here before I take any kind of definite stance.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2012 09:25 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Yes Scream, you can pick a Link with full triforce. He just can't wish anyone away.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2012 09:32 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Eh, I'm still looking at the total damage of the strikes and their ability to harm the stone behind him and those punches in particular don't impress me.

Luffy IS capable of more than that, though, as I've been told and shown.

Still want Aura in here before I take any kind of definite stance.

Well in that case either Lucci's Tekkai was absorbing the impact so the didn't punches didn't travel through to the wall or it was simply a delayed reaction/Luffy was punching so fast the impact wasn't shown until after he'd finished. Or both The wall behind him did explode after he was done remember.

Well yes, all the feats I've shown you are from before the 2 year time-skip that he spent training.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2012 09:32 PM