KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Kain vs Voldemort

Kain vs Voldemort
Started by: StealthRanger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StealthRanger
S Class Demon

Kain vs Voldemort

Movie version of Voldemort

Kain as of LOK Defiance

Who wins? :maybe

Old Post Mar 18th, 2014 12:51 PM
StealthRanger is currently offline Click here to Send StealthRanger a Private Message Find more posts by StealthRanger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Why bother? You already know he won't do it (yet, he'll still throw around the "cowardice" label).

Old Post Mar 18th, 2014 01:10 PM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Quan might show actually, since he's actually played LoK.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2014 06:03 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

My first instinct was that Kain would win since already dead = AK is of no use, but Voldemort has some other spells that are probably useful here, so hey.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2014 06:18 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

There are a few. The Fiendfire, other spells could incapacitate or kill Kain. Main issue I feel is if Tom has enough force to do this in one hit, as Kain could do so to Tom.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
Quan might show actually, since he's actually played LoK.

Has always to my recollection avoided threads with two main supporting characters in it.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Mar 18th, 2014 06:47 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Leaning towards Kain. His telekinetic abilities coupled with his teleport, mistform etc will be a big problem for Voldemort atleast imo.

Edit: When I first read the title I thought it was Kain (Caine) from vampire the masquerade... oh the slaughter...

Old Post Mar 18th, 2014 08:38 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

I'm going with Kain as well. He's outright immune to 2 of the 3 unforgivable curses, and very likely able to willpower himself through the third. He has also shown not only the ability, but the presence of mind to telekinetically rip a caster's staff away from them the instant a fight may start.

The only thing I can think of that Voldemort can use to win is Fiendfyre, thanks to Kain's weakness to fire. Otherwise, I'm fairly certain Kain has a counter to most of what Voldemort tends to do.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2014 08:47 PM
The Scenario is currently offline Click here to Send The Scenario a Private Message Find more posts by The Scenario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StealthRanger
S Class Demon

Bump

Old Post Mar 20th, 2014 04:45 AM
StealthRanger is currently offline Click here to Send StealthRanger a Private Message Find more posts by StealthRanger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I'm pretty sure at some point Kain had an invulnerability spell or armor or something that made him highly resistant to any type of fire.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2014 05:04 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

Both, actually.

The Iron Armor is Kain's first set of armor, and it's resistant to fire. He also had the Repel spell, which makes a barrier that reflects spells back on their caster. However, he has stopped using both by the time of Defiance, likely due to his 200 year coma in Blood Omen 2.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2014 09:54 AM
The Scenario is currently offline Click here to Send The Scenario a Private Message Find more posts by The Scenario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

I don't recall if it was ever explained why he stopped using certain abilities, if it was because he couldn't or if it was simply a gameplay design.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2014 09:59 AM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

It's the only explanation I can think of, honestly. The Hylden Lord messed him up so badly in the beginning of Blood Omen 2 that it took him 200 years to recover, and even then he had to re-learn several of his basic vampire abilities.

No idea what happened to the armor, though.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2014 10:09 AM
Utrigita

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Scenario
It's the only explanation I can think of, honestly. The Hylden Lord messed him up so badly in the beginning of Blood Omen 2 that it took him 200 years to recover, and even then he had to re-learn several of his basic vampire abilities.

No idea what happened to the armor, though.

But Defiance takes place after Blood Omen 2 right? So technically he shouldn't have lost his abilities from there. Then again the time travel in LoK never made much sense to me stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 20th, 2014 11:04 AM