KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Can Magneto affect Samus's Armor?

Can Magneto affect Samus's Armor?
Started by: XanatosForever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Can Magneto affect Samus's Armor?

This is more a random question in my head, and I admit I think he has the feats to do so, but is it a simple task, or one that requires more attention than he'd expect?

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2015 06:14 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Magneto's magnetism is special, it doesn't just affect magnetic metals and alloys but seemingly all metals and alloys, including fictional metals like adamantium and uru, and sometimes non-magnetic compounds like hemoglobin—which technically is paramagnetic when deoxygenated and diamagnetic when oxygenated—however, his magnetism was completely ineffective against Iron-man's carbon nanotube suit.

Last edited by Astner on Apr 23rd, 2015 at 06:54 PM

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2015 06:50 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

I'm going to go with yes.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2015 12:09 AM
The Scenario is currently offline Click here to Send The Scenario a Private Message Find more posts by The Scenario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Would he have any trouble getting through her shields? Would the energy packs even matter?

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Apr 24th, 2015 02:36 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

I'm wondering if her suit is actually made of metal... or if there's even a definitive answer for that.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2015 03:19 AM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StealthRanger
S Class Demon

Magneto can manipulate the entire EM spectrum, and other forms of matter as well, said other manifestations are difficult for him

Whether he can manipulate Samus' armor, idk

Old Post Apr 24th, 2015 03:28 AM
StealthRanger is currently offline Click here to Send StealthRanger a Private Message Find more posts by StealthRanger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Astner
Magneto's magnetism is special, it doesn't just affect magnetic metals and alloys but seemingly all metals and alloys, including fictional metals like adamantium and uru, and sometimes non-magnetic compounds like hemoglobin—which technically is paramagnetic when deoxygenated and diamagnetic when oxygenated—however, his magnetism was completely ineffective against Iron-man's carbon nanotube suit.

Yea thats because tony is a fcking genius and amazing prep artist. I doubt Samsus cannot be affected.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2015 04:27 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by StealthRanger
Magneto can manipulate the entire EM spectrum,

Yeah. That never made sense considering that photons aren't charged.

Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Yea thats because tony is a fcking genius and amazing prep artist. I doubt Samsus cannot be affected.

You missed the point. If carbon nanotubes aren't affected by Magneto's magnetism then he shouldn't affect non-magnetic metals.

Last edited by Astner on Apr 24th, 2015 at 04:43 AM

Old Post Apr 24th, 2015 04:41 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Are carbon nano tubes metal?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2015 04:44 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Are carbon nano tubes metal?

No. But they are diamagnetic.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2015 04:45 AM
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

So suffice to say, comics don't always make senselaughing out loud

Old Post Apr 24th, 2015 05:13 AM
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

Originally posted by XanatosForever
Would he have any trouble getting through her shields? Would the energy packs even matter?

I don't know. Presumably, Magneto would need feats of using his powers through a force field or manipulating one. IIRC he can make his own and still use his powers, at least.

quote:
I'm wondering if her suit is actually made of metal... or if there's even a definitive answer for that.

It's never exactly stated what the suit is made of. Offhand I can recall some references to it being some kind of metal. However, we do know that it is non-magnetic normally; Samus needs the Spiderball upgrade in order to make use of magnetic pathways in the Prime games.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2015 01:49 AM
The Scenario is currently offline Click here to Send The Scenario a Private Message Find more posts by The Scenario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote