KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » DB Tier List

DB Tier List
Started by: Prof. T.C McAbe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

DB Tier List

Seeing the new development of the DB franchise and new chars, where would you place the chars in a Tier List?

Tier 5 - Skyfather

High

Middle

Low

Tier 4 - Trans. Tier (Sub-Skyfather)

High

Middle

Low

Tier 3 - Herald

High

Middle

Low

Tier 2 - Meta

High

Middle

Low

Tier 1 - Street

High

Middle

Low

Place at least one char in each Tier if possible, you can try more. I am curious to see the general consens. ^^

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Jul 1st, 2015 02:24 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Re: DB Tier List

Tier 5 - Skyfather

High

Middle

Low

Tier 4 - Trans. Tier (Sub-Skyfather)

High

Middle

Low

Future SSJX Goku merged with the Dragonballs

Tier 3 - Herald

High

SSJ4 Gogeta

Middle

Omega Shenron
SSJ4 Goku
Whis

Low

Beerus
SSJG Goku
SSJ3

Tier 2 - Meta

High

SSJ2

Middle

SSJ1
Frieza

Low

Piccolo DBZ

Tier 1 - Street

High

Yamcha DBZ

Middle

Roshi

Low

Chi Chi

No one? Ok I give it a try maybe you can give me some input.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2015 10:08 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

You put Piccolo in low meta?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2015 11:33 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
You put Piccolo in low meta?

I know, he is the best char and after his fusion he was maybe higher, dunno, it's hard to gauge imo, that's why i asked ^^.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2015 11:34 PM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
I know, he is the best char and after his fusion he was maybe higher, dunno, it's hard to gauge imo, that's why i asked ^^.
How exactly is it hard to gauge whether or not he is in Spiderman's tier?

People weaker than Piccolo can destroy planets.

Can Spiderman?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2015 11:41 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

I would rate any planet destroyer as at least herald. At the same time, I would hesitate to put any DBZ character in Trans.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 09:26 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StealthRanger
S Class Demon

Yeah, no DBZ char is above high herald, much less Transcendant

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 01:43 PM
StealthRanger is currently offline Click here to Send StealthRanger a Private Message Find more posts by StealthRanger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Werewolf582

Beerus apparently busted Two suns.

That should put him at the very top of High herald.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 03:03 PM
Werewolf582 is currently offline Click here to Send Werewolf582 a Private Message Find more posts by Werewolf582 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Placidity
I would rate any planet destroyer as at least herald. At the same time, I would hesitate to put any DBZ character in Trans.
This seems odd.

Since most of you guys are feat-mongers: Pure/Kid Buu is the weakest character who actually insta-planet-busted on panel(sans core destruction or w/e)--and he did so with literally no effort at all. So even IF you assume it requires Pure Buu-level power to destroy a planet in DBZ(which is silly, given everything to the contrary), there are still characters who are several orders of magnitude more powerful than him. Examples:
-SSJ3 Goku(full power)
-SSJ1 Gotenks
-SSJ3 Gotenks
-Super Buu
-Mystic Gohan
-Buutenks
-Buuhan
-Vegetto
-SSJG Goku
-SSJGSSJ Goku/Vegeta
-Beerus
-Whis

(And that's not even factoring in the haxxness of GT characters/power levels.)

Suffice to say: if you believe the ability to destroy a planet makes one a herald, then at least some of the listed characters would literally have to be in the Trans-tier by proxy. Imo.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 2nd, 2015 at 03:49 PM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 03:46 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by Galan007
This seems odd.

Suffice to say: if you believe the ability to destroy a planet makes one a herald, then at least some of the listed characters would literally have to be in the Trans-tier by proxy. Imo.

I had thought about that. That is why I said I was conflicted.

I am hesitant to put them in Trans because IMO it takes more than a strong energy attack to be in this tier (even though in my mind the level of attack is beyond most/all heralds). At the same time if I look at who is in the Trans tier from comics, I can't put Goku for example, next to Amazo or Superman 1 Million in the same tier.

I would say some may be above herald but definitely lower than Trans considering the existing characters actually in Trans.

Where do you think they stand?

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 09:41 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

None of them are Skyfathers. At least not Odin level Skyfathers.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 09:43 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

The thing about DBZ is that they have herald level energy output, but physically they're little girls.

Always remember, forty tons is too heavy for base Goku.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 09:47 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Eh, that isn't the best feat to use. Look I agree that their energy output far exceeds their strength levels. They could easily destroy a planet with energy attacks, but not really via punching it Gladiator style.

On the other hand Goku by that point in the series still should of been strong enough to lift 40 tons with no trouble. On top of that I think it was more like 400 tons due to the higher levels of gravity. That doesn't make it much better, but you also have Akira Toriyama calling the scene stupid.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 09:55 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

If the gravity was high enough to make it 400 tons, it would be called 400 tons, not 40.

The scene was stupid, but what physical feats does DBZ really have? The single best feat is Super Buu punching a blast through one side of the planet and out the other. Which is good, but it's not nearly up to par with a high herald like Superman benching the Earth for a student amount of time, or cutting a moon in half by flying by it for a post-crisis feat.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 10:01 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Placidity
I had thought about that. That is why I said I was conflicted.

I am hesitant to put them in Trans because IMO it takes more than a strong energy attack to be in this tier (even though in my mind the level of attack is beyond most/all heralds). At the same time if I look at who is in the Trans tier from comics, I can't put Goku for example, next to Amazo or Superman 1 Million in the same tier.

I would say some may be above herald but definitely lower than Trans considering the existing characters actually in Trans.

Where do you think they stand?
In terms of sheer energy output, I see no reason why some of them wouldn't be Trans-level, tbh.

Where durability is concerned, guys like Beerus/Whis can outright tank planetary explosions at ground zero without even flinching--hell, Freeza survived the detonation of Namek when he was almost entirely drained of energy AND cut in half, so yeah.

Speed is meh. While DBZ doesn't have the amount of quantifiable speed feats we've seen in comics, I personally think the battle speed of some of the more powerful Z fighters would be sufficient to contend with most heralds.

Brute strength feats are where DBZ is lacking most. Comics take that category all day long.... But for what it's worth, there is this:
(please log in to view the image)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 2nd, 2015 at 11:06 PM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 11:04 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

How exactly is it hard to gauge whether or not he is in Spiderman's tier?

People weaker than Piccolo can destroy planets.

Can Spiderman?

Energywise he is higher but physically? Well Spiderman beat a HH, take it for what it's worth.

Originally posted by Werewolf582
Beerus apparently busted Two suns.

That should put him at the very top of High herald.

Sometimes it is enough to damage the core of something to destroy it. Superboy destroyed Universes by flying through the core of their center, the earths.

Originally posted by StealthRanger
Yeah, no DBZ char is above high herald, much less Transcendant

What about Gokus after GT. I mean 100 years of training and the fusion with the DB. Trans or Skyfather seems legit in my eyes, benefit of the doubt of course.

Originally posted by Galan007
In terms of sheer energy output, I see no reason why some of them wouldn't be Trans-level, tbh.

Where durability is concerned, guys like Beerus/Whis can outright tank planetary explosions at ground zero without even flinching--hell, Freeza survived the detonation of Namek when he was almost entirely drained of energy AND cut in half, so yeah.

Speed is meh. While DBZ doesn't have the amount of quantifiable speed feats we've seen in comics, I personally think the battle speed of some of the more powerful Z fighters would be sufficient to contend with most heralds.

Brute strength feats are where DBZ is lacking most. Comics take that category all day long.... But for what it's worth, there is this:
(please log in to view the image)

Me neither but I can see Surfer for example, doing the things they did. Just my opinion.

But then again, Surfer has Trans+ feats too and can survive in the heart of the Sun. Other heralds tanked Supernova like explosions and other attacks.

Their speed is on par imo.

I also have the impression that the DB planets are rather small, not even Moon size, but this might be because of the artwork. Anyway, the best strength feat was Goku supporting and lifting, a bit, a part of a City, which is vastly below anything a Herald can do.

But then again, does a herald level being have to have a strength in that level or are all other abilities not sufficient.

Imo guys like Beerus, SSJ4 Goku etc are somewhere in the Herald tier. What makes it so hard to judge imo is the gap between them. For example, If I would put SSJ1 in the low Herald tier, SSJ2 would have to be a bit higher, maybe mid tier, but then we have still SSJ3 and 4 and beings stronger. So how can you place a being that is signigicantly more powerful in the same tier?

I see the powerlevels more like Manapools (or Ki-pool), sure they get sometimes a new level or ability but a DB fighter has his aura, a shield, that consumes mana, his attacks that are boosted by mana and require mana to be cast spells/blasts, his physical stats like speed that are boosted by mana. So the more powerful you are the more mana you have, the more mana you can use before you run out of it. Someone with a powerlevel with 200, who needs 50 for his attack, an attack that can be blocked by a let's say 50 shield, against someone with a 400 powerlevel, would be almost useless.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2015 05:32 PM
Werewolf582

40 tons was an inconsistent feat. We saw Teen Goku flip a 116 ton King piccolo

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2015 06:38 PM
Werewolf582 is currently offline Click here to Send Werewolf582 a Private Message Find more posts by Werewolf582 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

If the gravity was high enough to make it 400 tons, it would be called 400 tons, not 40.

The scene was stupid, but what physical feats does DBZ really have? The single best feat is Super Buu punching a blast through one side of the planet and out the other. Which is good, but it's not nearly up to par with a high herald like Superman benching the Earth for a student amount of time, or cutting a moon in half by flying by it for a post-crisis feat.

Goku was shown moving huge boulders as a kid. Before the age of 15 he had surpassed(in every way) a dude who can do this:

Last edited by Surtur on Jul 3rd, 2015 at 07:34 PM

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2015 07:30 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe

Spider-man is low meta. Piccolo should be mid herald.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2015 11:01 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by Astner
Spider-man is low meta. Piccolo should be mid herald.

Piccolo should be Abstract because he is the best char from DB.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2015 11:03 PM