KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Finding Nemo surpassed the Lion King as top animated film !

Finding Nemo surpassed the Lion King as top animated film !
Started by: Pablo G

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Pablo G
Coolest Beaner Around

Finding Nemo surpassed the Lion King as top animated film !

Finding Nemo surpassed The Lion King at the box office yesterday, breaking the long-held animated film record for ticket sales, tracking firm Exhibitor Relations reported on Friday.

"'Nemo' is the biggest film of the summer, the biggest film of the year, and now it is the biggest animated feature of all time," Exhibitor Relations said.

"Nemo" had sold $328.7 million in tickets by the end of Thursday, topping the $328.5 million that "Lion King" sold in its original release and a recent large-format Imax reissue.

Since ticket prices were lower when "Lion King" came out, "Nemo" still has a way to go before it can claim a bigger audience.

Attachment: t3.jpg
This has been downloaded 107 time(s).

"You can get further with a kind word and a gun, than just a kind word" - Al Capone

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 03:01 PM
Pablo G is currently offline Click here to Send Pablo G a Private Message Find more posts by Pablo G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Box office record aside i take the Lion King over Nemo any day, the story in LK is far better than Nemo and the only way it made more money its like u said, ticket price were cheaper when the LK came out!

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 03:45 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

omg i loved the Lion king.............it was disney's finest orginal idea
Nemo is great too but i guess better marketing and MORE people around along with expensive tickets will give it the edge

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 04:46 PM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

lion king beats nemo any day of the week any week of the month and any month out of the year and any year out of a decade and so on and so on, just want to get the point that lion king is still the best animated movie across, followed by alladin

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 05:21 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedQueen
Ive been a bad, bad girl.

finding nemo was funny but lion king is class

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 07:13 PM
RedQueen is currently offline Click here to Send RedQueen a Private Message Find more posts by RedQueen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pablo G
Coolest Beaner Around

Yeah I agree with all of you, Finding Nemo is a fun movie with better animation due to technological advances but the Lion King is a classic with a far better story. If Lion King tickets would cost the same as Nemo's, Simba would be devouring that defective little fish as we speak !

"You can get further with a kind word and a gun, than just a kind word" - Al Capone

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 10:45 PM
Pablo G is currently offline Click here to Send Pablo G a Private Message Find more posts by Pablo G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ticket prices haven't changed THAT much- Nemo is on course to beat Lion King.

In any case, inflation adjusted, 'Snow White' and 'The Jungle Book' trash them both. 'Fantasia' is comfortably clear of The Lion King as well.

I think The Lion King is a good film but I don't see what the fuss with the plot is about- it's just a slightly altered Bambi (which, btw, Nemo will have to beat for inflation adjusted figures first before it gets to The Lion King).

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Aug 23rd, 2003 at 11:19 PM

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 11:10 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Lion King was lame, I hated that damn moviethumb down

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 11:33 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JackSparrowLuvr
Kaylu

Lion King is the best, Finding Nemo was crap

Mysterious M you
I can recite the whole POTC movie I am so proud of myself!

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 12:48 AM
JackSparrowLuvr is currently offline Click here to Send JackSparrowLuvr a Private Message Find more posts by JackSparrowLuvr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diegocala
Replicant

Lion King-->crap
Nemo--> Great

--Siggie Created by Master Godshinto

Whatever happened to my Rock N Roll?
Come in, she said, I'll give you shelter from the storm

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 01:17 AM
diegocala is currently offline Click here to Send diegocala a Private Message Find more posts by diegocala Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Nemo was OK, not as good as I was expecting, but its way better than the crappy Lion Kingstick out tongue

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 02:09 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ash007
Strength and Honour

i disagree i think The Lion King was a excellent movie. I mean i have seen alot of animation movies but the Lion KIng moved me emotionaly.
it will always remain one of my favourites animation movie

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.These words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie -- as awisdom, and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.

"One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.-----Sir Winston Churchill

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 12:38 AM
ash007 is currently offline Click here to Send ash007 a Private Message Find more posts by ash007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

but LION KING still holds the worldwide record of 728 million dollars. An unsurpassed total. finding nemo isnt even near. u know usa aint everything

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 08:01 AM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Ticket prices haven't changed THAT much- Nemo is on course to beat Lion King.

In any case, inflation adjusted, 'Snow White' and 'The Jungle Book' trash them both. 'Fantasia' is comfortably clear of The Lion King as well.

I think The Lion King is a good film but I don't see what the fuss with the plot is about- it's just a slightly altered Bambi (which, btw, Nemo will have to beat for inflation adjusted figures first before it gets to The Lion King).
Indeed. I like the Lion King but the plot is pretty basic.

quote:
Originally posted by ash007
i disagree i think The Lion King was a excellent movie. I mean i have seen alot of animation movies but the Lion KIng moved me emotionaly.
it will always remain one of my favourites animation movie
As pretty much all animated movies, it prays on the death of a character for emotion. Its actually a cheap emotional trick.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 04:49 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ash007
Strength and Honour

yeah but i have seen ALOT of movies and none in my honest opinion be better then the Lion KIng

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.These words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie -- as awisdom, and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.

"One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.-----Sir Winston Churchill

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 04:52 PM
ash007 is currently offline Click here to Send ash007 a Private Message Find more posts by ash007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Ok. lol

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 04:54 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FragileHaloRyuu
Ruroni Black Mage

It was commercially successful. But Princess Monokoe and Spirited Away were better in terms of plot and artwork.

"Another sad moment came at that date was toward the end of the set I saw one poor f***er with a NIN t-shirt, holding it up. Seconds later I saw scuffling and no more NIN t-shirt."- Trent Reznor.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 07:35 AM
FragileHaloRyuu is currently offline Click here to Send FragileHaloRyuu a Private Message Find more posts by FragileHaloRyuu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steven

Lion King still holds record worldwide hands down.......

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 08:59 AM
Steven is currently offline Click here to Send Steven a Private Message Find more posts by Steven Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

ya no 1 even knows. usa aint everything lol. lion king is the best animated movie of all times. and

MUFASA is the best animated character of all times 4 me

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 02:34 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jpres

I will also take LK over Nemo anyday of the year. Maybe it's because that was my childhood and now that im older I dont take as much interest in Disneys..

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 07:25 PM
jpres is currently offline Click here to Send jpres a Private Message Find more posts by jpres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote