KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Howls Moving Castle

Howls Moving Castle
Started by: Darth Nauj

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Prince Nauj
Bebop

Smile Howls Moving Castle

I was wondering if anyone has seen this movie, if so what do you think about it? Is it hayao miyazakis (spel?) best work yet?! discuss thanx.

lo lo Bromios lo lo Dendrites lo lo Eleutherios lo lo Enorches...

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 06:46 PM
Prince Nauj is currently offline Click here to Send Prince Nauj a Private Message Find more posts by Prince Nauj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chelsearammer50

Well, I wouldn't say it's his BEST work. but it certainly is very good. The news was saying that Billy Crystal's voice as Calcifer (sp) was out of place among the other voices but i kind of liked it. But, yah i really liked it i hope to get it.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 08:36 PM
chelsearammer50 is currently offline Find more posts by chelsearammer50 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
loompaland!

It was wonderful.

The only Miyazaki movie I've seen so far is Totoro.

That was a fun movie.

Howl's Moving Castle appealed to older viewers, I think. What with the war... Billy Crystal I think fit as Calcifer...but the lips didn't move right. Christian Bale as Howl was a wonderful choice...then again it may be because I am obsessed with him since Batman...

I just love Turniphead. He's my hero.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2005 05:49 AM
loompaland! is currently offline Click here to Send loompaland! a Private Message Find more posts by loompaland! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ghibli is great

Hey every1 -
i went into see Howls Moving Castle in the cinemas with great anticipation. i was not disappointed. it was transfixing, no dull moments, wonderfully funny and truly inspiring. im a long time ghibli fan and this 1 is now one of my faves (with the exception of laputa). i only saw it 1 day ago, and now im dying to see it again! im wondering if anybody could perhaps get a copy, i will pay good smile

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 12:17 AM
ghibli is great is currently offline Click here to Send ghibli is great a Private Message Find more posts by ghibli is great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ghibli is great

hehe.....well, i wont say when i loved him since, but i havent seen batman.....is it good?

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 12:20 AM
ghibli is great is currently offline Click here to Send ghibli is great a Private Message Find more posts by ghibli is great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ghibli is great

so yeah.....im really looking for a resonably good copy of Howls Moving Castel DVd movie, english only (with christian bale, billy crystal etcetc), i will pay good money for it big grin

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 09:56 AM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

I didn't know this movie was in theaters. I've heard nothing of in anywhere near here. I only know about through the internet.

I want to see it though.

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Sep 27th, 2005 10:26 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SleaterKinney32

I thought Howl's Moving Castle was a beautiful piece of work. I really respect Miyazaki films. I just got done watching Spirited Away, and forgot just how magical it is. I've seen Howl's Moving Castle recently and it's up there along with his other great works.

Have any of you seen Spirited Away? Or Castle in the Sky?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 10:43 PM
SleaterKinney32 is currently offline Click here to Send SleaterKinney32 a Private Message Find more posts by SleaterKinney32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

I saw it at a theater with a bunch of friends, and oh man, it's an incredible movie.

Miyazaki has a rare gift for creating movies for all ages. My friends (all college-age) and I loved it. The seven-or-so-year old kid sitting a few rows in front of us? When we were leaving the theater, I heard him say that he liked it, too--not a great many people can do this, mainly because they seem to believe that if a movie's to be kid-friendly, it has to be dumned down.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 11:23 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cramunit
Bovine University Grad

It was good. I wouldn't quite put it up there with Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke or Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind in terms of overall greatness but the animation was as spectacular as ever.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2006 01:02 PM
cramunit is currently offline Click here to Send cramunit a Private Message Find more posts by cramunit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Les yeux clos
Wisdomous

I really like this movie, it'a pretty amazing. The animation is just stunning as usual and the story is quite good as well, I loved the voice cast and the charcaters were really engaging I especialy like old Sophie, Calcifer and Markl... happy

Old Post Mar 31st, 2006 06:55 PM
Les yeux clos is currently offline Click here to Send Les yeux clos a Private Message Find more posts by Les yeux clos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

I enjoyed this more than Spirited Away.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 08:56 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wolfie
I enjoyed this more than Spirited Away.

Spirited Away was a really good movie and the first one of his movies I watched.

It's hard to believe Howls Moving Castle could beat it. Especially sense it's reviews haven't been all that hot, at least the ones I've heard.

is it comprehensible.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 01:52 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

A fantastic movie that is among Miyazaki's best work since Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, and Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. I own almost all of his movies (still need to buy Kiki's Delivery Service and Castle in the Sky) and I highly recommend any of his movies.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 16th, 2006 09:24 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaldea

Howl's Moving Castle has to be my favourite of Miyazakis work! I also have Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke. They're both fantastic! My friend has Kiki's Delivery Service and she hates it, she loves Castle in the Sky though. I'm afraid I haven't seen them myself. I love Howl & Calcifer! They're so cool!!! big grin

Old Post Apr 28th, 2006 07:02 PM
Kaldea is currently offline Click here to Send Kaldea a Private Message Find more posts by Kaldea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SharinganFire06
Shinigami

howls moving castle was one of the most amazing movies i've ever seen

however did you know that it is based on a book by Dianne Wynn Jones
and it has a sequel called castle in the air (no relation to castle in the sky by miyazaki)

i really suggest you read them if you can
they really show alot about the movie that might have been skipped over
and yet they show all this stuff that wasn't even near to what the movie suggested

Made by kuchiki

Old Post Jun 14th, 2006 02:06 AM
SharinganFire06 is currently offline Click here to Send SharinganFire06 a Private Message Find more posts by SharinganFire06 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prince Nauj
Bebop

anyone know what his next movie or project is?!

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 05:09 PM
Prince Nauj is currently offline Click here to Send Prince Nauj a Private Message Find more posts by Prince Nauj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SharinganFire06
Shinigami

no idea

Made by kuchiki

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 07:30 PM
SharinganFire06 is currently offline Click here to Send SharinganFire06 a Private Message Find more posts by SharinganFire06 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GallantKnight

I thought I read it was Earthsea.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2006 10:04 PM
GallantKnight is currently offline Click here to Send GallantKnight a Private Message Find more posts by GallantKnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prince Nauj
Bebop

isnt that a book?!

Old Post Jun 19th, 2006 04:40 PM