KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Cartoon Comparison Thread

Cartoon Comparison Thread
Started by: marwash22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Cartoon Comparison Thread

This is to compare/rank episodes that air each week... just like the manga comparison thread located in the Anime/manga section.

Avengers: EMH
Green Lantern
The Legend of Korra
Thundercats
Ultimate Spider-Man
Young Justice

Old Post May 14th, 2012 08:17 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

1. Young Justice
2. Legend of Korra
3. EMH
4. Green Lantern
5. Thundercats
6. Ultimate Spidey

Loved the Bat-family and all the older/younger generation team-ups in the YJ episode; that was the clear winner this week imo.

Old Post May 14th, 2012 08:20 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Having not watch most of them this week, I can only compared Young Justice to Korra. I preferred Korra.

Old Post May 14th, 2012 07:35 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Korra
Avengers
Green Lantern TAS
Young Justice

Hard choice, all the episodes this week were awesome.

Old Post May 15th, 2012 01:13 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

1) Korra/avengers
2) thundercats
3) young justice
4) Spider-man.
Didnt watch Green Lantern yet and the only good thing about Spider-man - lots of guest marvel character.
Thundercats is second for me. Might have something to do with the fact that I was a huge fan of the original series as a kid.
Young justice is a solid show but I wish somebody else voiced Joker. Also Every time Ms. Martian says "hello Megan" I get overwhelmed with the desire to strangle her....
Cant deside on the first place. Avengers is a brilliant show. For me easily on par with the old Justice League show. And soon there will be and episode about Spider-man!big grin Korra is great too. Also gets some extra points for being a sequel of the ATLA.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post May 16th, 2012 07:23 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

1.Korra
2.Green Lantern
3.Young Justice

So far. Young Justice has been good so far, but not great, while the other two shows seem to be hitting their stride. Same with Avengers, though from what I've heard it won't stay that way for long.

Old Post May 20th, 2012 12:34 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

1. LoK
2. YJ
3. EMH
4. GL
5. Spidey
6. TCats

we got some character development in both LoK and YJ, but LoK probably just got their official final member of the new team Avatar... on the other hand, Roy's emo-ness is still going strong 5years later.

EMH had BRB this week. big grin

Old Post May 20th, 2012 08:46 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Green Lantern wins. Since theres no Korra this week its no contest. That was a hell of a season final.

Old Post May 26th, 2012 07:58 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

I agree.

Too bad it still looks like shit.

Old Post May 27th, 2012 12:00 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Different strokes. I really liked the art-direction in the GL: TAS.

Old Post May 27th, 2012 12:13 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Meh.

GL was best. Followed by Thundercats and then Young Justice. I'm getting tired of Blue Beetle.

Old Post May 27th, 2012 12:35 AM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

you're not a fan of the art style in GL?

Old Post May 27th, 2012 04:04 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by marwash22
you're not a fan of the art style in GL?

It's appalling to me.

The only characters that look appealing to me are the Robot girl and the Good Red Lantern guy. The others just look really off.

Old Post May 27th, 2012 04:29 AM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

laughing out loud

i wont go as far as saying it's appalling, but I'm not a huge fan of the style either; the show as a whole has been pretty good tho.

Old Post May 27th, 2012 08:19 AM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

1. GL
2. YJ
3. TCats

GL needs to have more episodes like that.

Sidenote, Barbara's boobs in YJ are huge.

Old Post May 27th, 2012 05:55 PM
SamZED

Thunderats is great, only problem the fight scenes suck. There were no memorable battles, they're usually pretty boring. sad

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post May 29th, 2012 05:14 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Thundercats had a Mothra Expy.

All arguments against this show are invalid.

Old Post May 29th, 2012 08:40 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

1. YJ.
2. Thundercats.
3. Korra.

Young Justice has a lot of things I did like and I didn't quite feel the backlash of my unfamiliarity with DC-Lore and the first Young Justice like usual. New things on the horizon so hey, seems like it will be fun

Thundercats was the usual fair of things and was actually pretty touching. A bit heavyhanded but all in all I liked it.

Korra had quite a few things I liked but quite a few things I didn't. It's hard not to be interested in what is going to happen next but I'm not exactly happy about how we got to this point.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2012 03:46 PM
wakkawakkawakka

1. YJ
2. Korra

?. Thunderkatt( didn't watch it yet)

So...either KF has gotten a tad rusty or Barry and Bart are just that good. Wonder if the series is going for the two Flashes portion. Though this episode didn't have Superboy or Ms. Martian in it so it was good.

Korra was pretty cool though the lack of Lin dissapoints me. Poor Naga sad

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2012 04:15 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

1. Korra
2. Korra
3. Korra

(please log in to view the image)

Ok, so I havn't seen YJ yet but it can't beat that episode of Korra.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2012 10:28 PM