KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » How many Batman types are there?

How many Batman types are there?
Started by: BlaqChaos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BlaqChaos

How many Batman types are there?

How many dark and brooding Batman type vigilaties are there? I can only think of Daredevil, Moonknight, and maybe Spawn. I'm sure there are other though.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 05:51 PM
BlaqChaos is currently offline Click here to Send BlaqChaos a Private Message Find more posts by BlaqChaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

midnighter

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 05:57 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

darkhawk...the black marvel batman guy

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 06:03 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HigH ScholaR

nighthawk - defenders
nighthawk - supreme power
punisher in a way
moon night
midnghter

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 06:16 PM
HigH ScholaR is currently offline Click here to Send HigH ScholaR a Private Message Find more posts by HigH ScholaR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

There have actually been four Nighthawks. Squadron Supreme Kyle Richmond. He died and his ward took over for him as the new Squadron Supreme Nighthawk. 616 Squadron Sinister/Defenders Nighthawk and then the reimagined Supreme Power Nighthawk.

Darkhawk is another character entirely. He was a New Warrior, had a solo series and is now a member of Excelsior in Runaways.

Golden Age Marvel (and other companies) was peppered with Batman type figures--though they took more from the Shadow and other pulp/noir/radio heroes like him. Batman was just the inspiration to dress those characters up in costumes. The Challenger exquisitely mimics Batman--his parents killed, he travels the world learning the skills to defeat evil-doers, although his story was a bit more layered than the original Batman origin.

Last edited by ScarletSpider on Aug 23rd, 2005 at 11:08 PM

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 11:05 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

Darkhawk isn't a Batman type. The guy is class 20 and shoots darkforce blasts from his chest for gods sake.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 04:38 AM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

I think he had the name mixed up. I stated he was someone else, but should have specified more as to his powers. He's cool though, I'd like to see more of him.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 03:57 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

yeah I meant nighthawk...my bad

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 03:59 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

You could say Black Panther is a Batman-esque character...

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 07:08 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote