KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » What Comics have their greatest stories behind them?

What Comics have their greatest stories behind them?
Started by: OB1-adobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
OB1-adobe

What Comics have their greatest stories behind them?

What charecters do you guys think have their greatest stories behind them?

Or do comics in general for that matter have already had their greatest stories behind them?

Is there any thing really left to tell?

Old Post Oct 7th, 2005 04:01 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Re: What Comics have their greatest stories behind them?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by OB1-adobe

Or do comics in general for that matter have already had their greatest stories behind them?

Is there any thing really left to tell?
Infinite Crisis

Old Post Oct 7th, 2005 05:27 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Re: What Comics have their greatest stories behind them?

at this point it looks like Thor's done about as much as he can.... but we'll see

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 7th, 2005 05:58 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix Forever
Evolution Leaps Forword

PHOENIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(Jean Grey)rock

Old Post Oct 7th, 2005 06:11 PM
Phoenix Forever is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix Forever a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Forever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

as far as I can tell Superman has had his day.

I mean come on:

1. Travelling from side of the universe to the next

2. Marrying lois lane

3. Dying and coming back

4. becoming pure lighting

5. changing his out fit

6. growing long hair

7. travelling through time

I mean seriously

Old Post Oct 7th, 2005 06:31 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

as far as I can tell Superman has had his day.

I mean come on:

1. Travelling from side of the universe to the next

2. Marrying lois lane

3. Dying and coming back

4. becoming pure lighting

5. changing his out fit

6. growing long hair

7. travelling through time

I mean seriously

That's why he should have stayed dead.

It's better to go out in a blaze of glory than to fade away like a candle.

He would have been so much more of an icon in the DCU that way.

Doop Lives...

Old Post Oct 7th, 2005 08:50 PM
8bitChris is currently offline Click here to Send 8bitChris a Private Message Find more posts by 8bitChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

I disagree, there was some good stuff after that for a few years, but then that was about it.

I think Spider-man might be done.

Maybe X-men. I don't know what do you guys think?

I need some input

If Marvel and DC comics stopped tomorrow,

would you really care?

We have 70 years of stories and characters.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2005 05:47 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by thedarkphoenix
PHOENIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(Jean Grey)rock
]

I agree and X men in general has its best stories behind it.

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Oct 8th, 2005 05:57 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Batman...now he had some serious good storylines.

Knightfall

Last Laugh

Death in the Family

Hilling Joke

No Man's Land

Wargames

Officer Down

Hush

Bruce Wayne: Murderer

and what not.....

[edit] Not to forget and although an elseworld THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS (Best Comic Book Ever)

Old Post Oct 8th, 2005 06:13 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Batman, X-men, Spider-man will always be telling good stories. There best are behind them? well if that is true I would still buy them, why? cos if these characters have a story which is a mere fraction of how good their masterpieces were, then it will still be a brilliant read IMO..........

Old Post Oct 8th, 2005 07:26 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

i love the defenders

unsurpassed in the field of power, yet completley and absolutely awful in where it actually matters to be a team (hence non-team) whether its because they downright hate each other and are somehow forced to work together or because their intentions are actually work together and their personalites just prevent that from happening.

that premise will never get old for me. first of all my favorie genre is crossover and the defenders is always a crossover because theyre all already huge names on their own. but the portrayl of the group dynamics of 4 incredibly complex and individualistic characters is timeless imo. they all have their own responsibilites, which are interesting enough, obiviously if their own mags do so well, and although namor's arrogance, hulk's stupidity, and surfer's resentment prevent the members from admitting it, they really do have a twisted, out of whack, care for one another.

like i said unlimited power in cosmic, magical, physical, spiritual, telepathic, and scientific aspects but they just cant do one of the simplist and most natural thing for most of us: being human.

genious.

Make your own dream team here!

Old Post Oct 8th, 2005 11:21 PM
Quick Freeze is currently offline Click here to Send Quick Freeze a Private Message Find more posts by Quick Freeze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Fantastic Four

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2005 12:06 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

We already know how the Superman and DC story ends :P. No real point in thinking the Universe will ever be threatened.

DC One Million is continuity right?

Doop Lives...

Old Post Oct 9th, 2005 12:08 AM
8bitChris is currently offline Click here to Send 8bitChris a Private Message Find more posts by 8bitChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

Originally posted by Quick Freeze
i love the defenders

unsurpassed in the field of power, yet completley and absolutely awful in where it actually matters to be a team (hence non-team) whether its because they downright hate each other and are somehow forced to work together or because their intentions are actually work together and their personalites just prevent that from happening.

that premise will never get old for me. first of all my favorie genre is crossover and the defenders is always a crossover because theyre all already huge names on their own. but the portrayl of the group dynamics of 4 incredibly complex and individualistic characters is timeless imo. they all have their own responsibilites, which are interesting enough, obiviously if their own mags do so well, and although namor's arrogance, hulk's stupidity, and surfer's resentment prevent the members from admitting it, they really do have a twisted, out of whack, care for one another.

like i said unlimited power in cosmic, magical, physical, spiritual, telepathic, and scientific aspects but they just cant do one of the simplist and most natural thing for most of us: being human.

genious.

i just also want to add how i love the whole outcasts aspect of them aswell. not only are the drawn together due to their kinship they have with one another in that they are all really different from everyone else, but everytime they encounter anyone, almost always that anyone's immediate responce is either, fear, distrust or just a lack of understanding as to what side their on.

CAPTAIN AMERICA: "If you do this, Defenders--if you leave, you'll be under suspicion forever! Outcasts, outlaws, feared by the world at large. . ."

DR STRANGE: "Outcasts, Captain? Feared?"

NAMOR: "We've been there before, Captain. Many times. We'll surivive."

Make your own dream team here!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2005 05:29 AM
Quick Freeze is currently offline Click here to Send Quick Freeze a Private Message Find more posts by Quick Freeze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote