KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » DC comics Vs. DC animated

What do you prefer
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
DC comics 3 50.00%
DC animated 3 50.00%
Total: 6 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DC comics Vs. DC animated
Started by: OB1-adobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
OB1-adobe

DC comics Vs. DC animated

What are you guys mostly a fan of:

DC comics or DC animated (SUP,BAT,JL,Static,TT,BB)

I just realized today how big DC animated has become. I had know Idea that this show called Static had guest appearnces by sup, bat, and Justice league.

Comics are always great, but you miss for while and you can be kind of screwed.

While Marvel has its movies right now, DC sure has its cartoons.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 05:14 AM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dvampire
xenogears

I still like comics better, but the cartoons aren't bad to look at.

My favorite JLA fights:

1. Superman vs. Captain Marvel

2. JLA vs. that Android thing (that copies and evolve as soon as it looks at you.

3. And Captain Atom vs. Superman

Made by DW

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 05:30 AM
dvampire is currently offline Click here to Send dvampire a Private Message Find more posts by dvampire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Piedmon
Saiyajin Quaterback

tbh, Bruce Timm's spin on the DC Universe is basically how I've been introduced to a lot of its characters and mythology. It's a tighter, more continuous storyline that encorporates the coolest part of the comics it is based on and leave out the dreck. So I'm voting animated.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 05:46 AM
Piedmon is currently offline Click here to Send Piedmon a Private Message Find more posts by Piedmon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

Comics all the way.

DC animated is pretty cool from what i've seen (which is mostly just the eps with Aquaman in them), but they've got nothing the comics.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 05:56 AM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psycho Ninja
Holy Vigilante

Are u nuts, aquaman episodes suck !!!

The arc where AMAZO returned from outta space !!

PSYCHO !!

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 08:41 AM
Psycho Ninja is currently offline Click here to Send Psycho Ninja a Private Message Find more posts by Psycho Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

The Justice League cartoons basically are what brought me back into comics, especially DC, which I was Never a fan of many, many moons ago. I Love the interplay between the seven founding members of the JLA (which is why, basically, I liked the JLA toons better than the JLU toons, which IMO remind me more of DC's "silly days" with its horde of every-which-way kinda hero names and hero costumes...GAB).
I also like the power levels in the toons. Imagine my surprise the first time I saw Supes wearing a spacesuit, or hearing Luthor say a half-kiloton blast might hurt him...shocking, almost didnt wanna hear of it, but y'know, it ended up making for a more interesting Supes.
The storylines are easier to follow; I dont hafta be caught up in getting all the latest issues. The mountain comes to Mohammed, so to speak.

Toons...but the comics are great too.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 11:06 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote