KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Should Heroes Kill?

Should Heroes Kill?
Started by: BlaqChaos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BlaqChaos

Should Heroes Kill?

Let's face it; not only does Arkham has a revolving door on it, but so do many other super-criminal holding facilities. If heroes just killed they bad guys, they wouldn't keep popping up later. But then, would the heroes be going to far?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 06:01 PM
BlaqChaos is currently offline Click here to Send BlaqChaos a Private Message Find more posts by BlaqChaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

If they kept killing the bad guys then there would be no one for them to fight so there would be no sence in killing off the bad guy.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 06:27 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

There's a difference between killing and murder. But some criminals, like the Joker, who is never prosecuted because he's insane, to rack up body counts in the thousands, is begging to be murdered - and Magog did the deed in Kingdom Come.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 07:07 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HigH ScholaR

if the heroes killed bad guys then what the **** will be seperating the good guys from the bad guys.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 07:09 PM
HigH ScholaR is currently offline Click here to Send HigH ScholaR a Private Message Find more posts by HigH ScholaR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arahan
Silver Guy

Some bad guys deserve to die. If you kill them then you can save other innocent peoples life.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 07:15 PM
Arahan is currently offline Click here to Send Arahan a Private Message Find more posts by Arahan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

Not all of them. just some.

Otherwise comics would be filled with nothing but anti heros.
Not like I got enough of that with Image and Marvel during the 90's

sig by willRules

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 07:20 PM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arahan
Silver Guy

of course not all just the real hardcore mass killing bad guys.

I would kill Norman Osborn that son of a ***** did really everything to destroy Spidey in all ways.

Who else deserves to die?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 07:38 PM
Arahan is currently offline Click here to Send Arahan a Private Message Find more posts by Arahan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, they shouldn't.

Leave that to the anti-heroes like Punisher or Slade. They're better at it.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 07:51 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

No

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 07:52 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

Joker Carnage Thanos Magneto... some of the most "famous" mass murderers who deserve to be executed.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 07:55 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Anyone who thinks they should kill bad guys would really dig the Authority. That's not really why I like them, but it's part of who they are. They're what the JLA would be if they ever snapped.

I'd disagree, as I'm a proponent of non-violence whenever possible. But reality is seldom black-and-white with these matters. Evil will always exist in one form or another, in our world and in comic worlds where the threats are bigger. But one evil doesn't correct another in my book.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 08:29 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

Some people deserve the death penalty... there's no denying that (I think).

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 08:37 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HigH ScholaR

quote: (post)
Originally posted by who?-kid

don't believe in killing either way, less they were demons ofcourse, though yes some should be 'labelled' as being executed or whatever

Originally posted by long pig
No, they shouldn't.

Leave that to the anti-heroes like Punisher or Slade. They're better at it.

yep basically i agree, i mean thats whay they have anti heroes in the first place.............and why the authorities/police are after them in the first place.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 08:42 PM
HigH ScholaR is currently offline Click here to Send HigH ScholaR a Private Message Find more posts by HigH ScholaR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by who?-kid

Well, to play devil's advocate here, yes there definitely is denying that. A quick look at all the right-to-life groups in any country with the death penalty is enough to realize that not everyone shares that opinion.

My admission that reality is rarely clear cut keeps me from saying something like "We should never kill". I don't believe in too many moral absolutes like that. But I also think it's prudent to say that while any other option remains viable, killing should be avoided. But that's my take.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 08:53 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

well forgive me for taking the moral high ground but I felt somebody should.

The world isn't as black and white as we would like it to be. true
We sometimes make things overcomplicated when we don't need to. true

I think that if someone killed a killer, what have they become? A killer themselves. There is no difference between them and the person they killed. They have degraded themselves to the level of a killer. they themselves have committed the act and become what they sought to destroy.

Killing doesn't even solve the problem. It means you have become the villain and taken their place. Punisher, Wolverine et etc are bad guys IMO. They are villains.

They have not paid the price for the lives they have taken.

People may argue that not killing the villain might mean the villain will kill others and that the death of the others will be on your head. I disagree, for saving the villains life, the hero should take comfort in the fact that the villain owes them their life. The villain not has not only numerous deaths on their head but the fact they wouldn't be around if it wasn't for the hero.

In conclusion, I can only say that I believe that killing of any sort results in the degrading of oneself and the creation of a killer in themselves.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 09:06 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HigH ScholaR

That is what i'm saying but with less words

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 09:16 PM
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was judged once so let me judge yours. This thread is 50/50 belonging here "the one with power or authority is the one to move" so unfair. Anyway, my major weapon is patient. The rule here better than f police is simple "respect to be respected" do not impose your will, keep your distance and eyes open, then the world would be safe for decades to come. That is the true way of the hero. The enemy destroys itself so my own enemy.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 09:40 PM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

in the second arc of batman(little after we found out who the red hood was) black mask was running around dressed like bats and cuasing trouble both he and bats had a run in with the joker....skip skip ahead. when the joker finally got cuaght they showed him on the news and he apologized to the public for not having racked up a big enuff body count, but he promised to do better next time... if that guy doesnt deserve to die I dont know who the hell does.

bats had the opprtunity to get rid of all of them since no mans land but he stood back and watched them kill hundreds of ppl and did nothing, third raters like zzzazz should have been put away long ages ago cuz he's not one of those that can reform. so i say the heroes should kill all of them. as many as they can. is not like spiderman who has a small amount of villains in his rogues gallery, who by and large arent really stone cold killers anyway. bats literally has dozens to choose from.

personally IM not with that "if you kill you are no better than they are" bullshit. what would you call a police officer who kills a wanted murderer in the process? you would say he's no better?. i say kill all of them, if not like somebdy says let the anti heroes do itbig grin

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 09:46 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HigH ScholaR

Well thay could always send them to that prison where Thanis went or just get Thor to put then ib abother dimension, calll on a cosmic like Sersi ir Silver surfer to change them into butterflys literally or send them to Doctor Strange.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 09:50 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by willRules
well forgive me for taking the moral high ground but I felt somebody should.

The world isn't as black and white as we would like it to be. true
We sometimes make things overcomplicated when we don't need to. true

I think that if someone killed a killer, what have they become? A killer themselves. There is no difference between them and the person they killed. They have degraded themselves to the level of a killer. they themselves have committed the act and become what they sought to destroy.

Killing doesn't even solve the problem. It means you have become the villain and taken their place. Punisher, Wolverine et etc are bad guys IMO. They are villains.

They have not paid the price for the lives they have taken.

People may argue that not killing the villain might mean the villain will kill others and that the death of the others will be on your head. I disagree, for saving the villains life, the hero should take comfort in the fact that the villain owes them their life. The villain not has not only numerous deaths on their head but the fact they wouldn't be around if it wasn't for the hero.

In conclusion, I can only say that I believe that killing of any sort results in the degrading of oneself and the creation of a killer in themselves.

You say all that and have Deadpool in your avatar? stick out tongue laughing

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 10:20 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote