KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Deadpool....hero or villain?

Deadpool....hero or villain?
Started by: steverules

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules
The doctor

Deadpool....hero or villain?

We've known deadpool for so long but is he a hero or a villain?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 08:58 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

He's a rip off of a really good character.

He's a villian.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 09:07 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by long pig
He's a rip off of a really good character.

He's a villian.

Yep but he is actually waaaayyyy cooler than deathstroke.

He is a villain in my books.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 09:08 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by willRules
Yep but he is actually waaaayyyy cooler than deathstroke.

He is a villain in my books.

If by "way cooler" you mean "less cool", then you're very correct in your assessment.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 09:16 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

he's an anti-herosmile He still isn't all bad just doesn't follow that be good all the time piece. Kinda like Logan was years and years ago.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 09:25 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Naw, Logan was, at first, a non-killing hero. He even said "I never unleash my claws unless someone pulls a gun" when he was K.O'd by someone with a baseball bat and NC asked him why he didn't use his claws.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 10:09 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Deadpool was a rip-off of Deathstroke - just like Deathstroke was supposedly a rip off of the Punisher. And on & on into history they go...

He's a hero with amoral tendencies - like Han Solo with bad complexion.
How with suck wacky, funny stories could anyone dislike him as a villan? big grin

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 10:18 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by roughrider
Deadpool was a rip-off of Deathstroke - just like Deathstroke was supposedly a rip off of the Punisher. And on & on into history they go...

He's a hero with amoral tendencies - like Han Solo with bad complexion.
How with suck wacky, funny stories could anyone dislike him as a villan? big grin

Nah, they came out around the same time. DS is more a rip-off of Captian America.

But, DP is a mega uber super duper kung fu rip off. Everything was ripped down to the name and costume.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 10:29 PM
Mr.Biscuits

Nah, they came out around the same time. DS is more a rip-off of Captian America.

But, DP is a mega uber super duper kung fu rip off. Everything was ripped down to the name and costume.

Deadpool is to Slade
as Gladiator is to superman a clone who is not as good as the original.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 10:35 PM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Punisher came in 1974. Slade around 1979-80, when Marv Wolfman jumped to DC. In an interview on a Deathstroke webpage, Wolfman talked about overcoming the perception that Slade was created as a response to Marvel's Punisher, who was then known best as an assasin for hire( criminals only.) Wolfman of course wrote some Punisher during his time on Spider Man, but honestly says he can't even remember Punisher's real name. But he wanted Slade to be regarded differently.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 10:41 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by roughrider
Punisher came in 1974. Slade around 1979-80, when Marv Wolfman jumped to DC. In an interview on a Deathstroke webpage, Wolfman talked about overcoming the perception that Slade was created as a response to Marvel's Punisher, who was then known best as an assasin for hire( criminals only.) Wolfman of course wrote some Punisher during his time on Spider Man, but honestly says he can't even remember Punisher's real name. But he wanted Slade to be regarded differently.

Meh, around the same time.

Still, they even use the words "Super Soldier Serum" in Deathstroke comics.
Being an anti-hero isn't a rip off of Punisher, there are tons of those before and after Frank. Being a super soldier is a rip off of CA.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 10:55 PM
HaSon

Originally posted by thesilverspider
Deadpool is to Slade
as Gladiator is to superman a clone who is not as good as the original.

Clone or not, Deadpool is still a good and entertaining character. At the end of the day, every character is a rip off of something.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 11:53 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by The Ion
Clone or not, Deadpool is still a good and entertaining character. At the end of the day, every character is a rip off of something.

I got the Cable/DP series, it's very fun.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 01:20 AM
Mr.Biscuits

I got the Cable/DP series, it's very fun.

yup,and deadpool is fighting spidey next issue.I bet 2 dollars the whole fight is just the two trading funny remarks at eachother.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 01:24 AM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

Originally posted by The Ion
Exactly. Even Superman was heavely inspired by the Gladiator book.

But as long as it's done well, what does it matter?

And Deadpool has definately evolved into his own character.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 01:31 AM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

Deadpool is not a hero or a villain. He is a chaotic neutral. He does whatever he wants, when he wants. He isn't governed by any real moral code or anything like that.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 01:44 AM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

yup,and deadpool is fighting spidey next issue.I bet 2 dollars the whole fight is just the two trading funny remarks at eachother.

I hope not sad

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 04:43 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

-shudders-

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 08:11 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Whenever it comes out, I'll throw the scans up on here.

A lot of people have been waiting to see it.

Hope DP at least stabs SM.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 08:27 PM
steverules
The doctor

Yeah same here, I'm gonna buy that comic next wednesday, I'm really looking forward to it.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 08:37 PM