KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Buy Moon Knight!

Buy Moon Knight!
Started by: ScarletSpider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Buy Moon Knight!

This thread is a bit ahead of its time, since Moon Knight's new series isn't out until April, but so be it. It should be a doozy.

http://www.comicgeekspeak.com/episodes.asp

That site has two great audio interviews, takes awhile to load, but Episode 97 has an interview with Charlie Huston--the writer on the upcoming Moon Knight series, and it's pretty informative and hilarious.

Episode 57, way back, has an interview with Doug Moench, one of the creators of Moon Knight, and the original writer for his series way back when, his interview was also fun to listen to, he talks about some of his upcoming projects. It's interesting to hear the writers and creators actually talk about it, it adds an extra dimension.

So, buy the book when it comes out!

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 02:13 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

I'm definately picking this up...

Moon Knight rules..

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 02:14 AM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Don't much care for the costume changes on Ultimate Moon Knight.
How can you improve on perfection?
I listened to this interview with Doug Moench weeks ago - it's worth it.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 03:34 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

The one with Huston's great too. Moon Knight as Herald of Galactus haha. I was somewhat wary of Huston at first, no one has ever done Spector right since Moench, but he seems really in tune with the character. The debate over white vs. silver for costume color is cool and Huston's rationale for Spector wearing a white costume at night is pretty sweet. "He's not sneaky, anyone can wear black and sneak around, but Moon Knight wears white, jumps out of a plane and busts up mother****ers."

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 07:52 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

I know who Moon Knight is, but I have never read any of his comics besides the Ultimate ones. Probably going to read this.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 09:56 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

A Moon Knight Essentials collection is coming out in April, I believe, so for any who need to get some back reading in, that's a great place to start.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2006 07:32 PM
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

I'l probably pick up the essentials. SHould be a great read.

Also, a preview for issue one is up at Buzzscope . Looks good.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2006 12:38 AM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

I agree. Looks great.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2006 01:22 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

David Finch looks the heir apparent to Jim Lee - who's art is still looking great.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2006 02:01 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arahan
Silver Guy

is Moon Knight gay?

Old Post Jan 24th, 2006 02:25 AM
Arahan is currently offline Click here to Send Arahan a Private Message Find more posts by Arahan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arahan
is Moon Knight gay?

No.
But, he is one of the few jewish super hero chracters.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2006 02:49 AM
Arahan
Silver Guy

and why i am remembering him as gay...
whatever

Old Post Jan 24th, 2006 02:58 AM
Arahan is currently offline Click here to Send Arahan a Private Message Find more posts by Arahan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Um, no. I have no idea where any sort of "gay" connection made itself apparent to you. Any time he's been written well, he's been involved with Marlene Alruane.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2006 03:02 AM
Superherovandal
CEO of BS Comics Inc.

what are his powers?backround. please?

I am creator of all the master of all things BS. Bow before my mighty form!

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 12:06 AM
Superherovandal is currently offline Click here to Send Superherovandal a Private Message Find more posts by Superherovandal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 03:37 AM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

quote:
what are his powers?backround. please?

Even with the Wikipedia entry available, I'll give a brief synopsis, since I don't feel like doing homework.

Marc Spector grew up in one of the poorer neighborhoods in Chicago, son of a Rabbi, Spector rejected his father's teachings and became a boxer, having mastered that fighting artform by 16/17 or so, his father found out about his fighting, Marc socked him in anger and left. He entered the military, was a marine for a bit, worked for the CIA, got bored with that and became a mercenary.

On a mission in Egypt, his boss Bushman killed a professor, Marc spoke up, saying it wasn't right and helped save the professor's daughter. Bushman "killed" him, and at the foot of a statue of Khonshu, the Egyptian god of vengeance and justice, he miraculously came back to life--be it divine intervention or a quirk in nature, he got up, startled the professor's daughter (Marlene, afterwards they shacked up). The statue of Khonshu had this linen cloak on it, he donned that believing himself to the Moon's Knight, went out fought and defeated Bushman more or less.

He came back to the states, fought Jack Russell the Werewolf by Night, pretty much kicked his ass, and became a superhero. He created two new identities: Steven Grant a millionaire playboy and wall-street whiz who got all the funds Spector needed for his Moon Knight operations and Jake Lockely, a street smart cabbie who could get all the underworld dirt that was needed for Moon Knight to combat crime. Then he went out and beat up badguys.

That's his basic origin, for powers he's just a regular guy, in the lines of Batman or Daredevil or any pulp hero character. So he's stronger, smarter, faster and better than anyone else, but he's not superhuman. At times he's possessed a degree of superhuman strength thanks to various means, and had some weird armor for a bit, not Iron Man type, but akin to Night Thrasher, just better than kevlar with some weird gauntlets.

Charlie Huston and Finch are bringing him back in his pure version. A guy that kicks ass and gets the job done, without any weird shit. He jumps out of a plane, and beats face and runs into a lot of trouble along the way, much as Moench originally wrote it, it seems. Later writers did lots of weird things with Moon Knight, and Huston is taking him back to where he belongs (ala Priest and Black Panther).

My advice, if you're interested in it, is to get the Essentials--or at least find it in a Boarders or Walden Books, sit down and look through it. Google is a wonderful resource, and you can PM me anytime for more info, etc.

I just hope your interest is piqued enough for you to give him a try when his new series comes out. And if you're a Taskmaster fan, Tasky should be appearing as the main villain in the first storyarc!

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 01:43 AM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Defenitely picking this up.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 12:32 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

New Huston interview. More Finch art.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/n...tem.cgi?id=6559

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2006 03:52 AM
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

This is the best i've seen Finch's art. It's looking incredible.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2006 04:06 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
New Huston interview. More Finch art.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/n...tem.cgi?id=6559

It's been changed - from a six-issue miniseries, to an ongoing series? Advance reaction has been that good?
Awriiiigghht!! Happy Dance Happy Dance

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2006 05:28 AM