KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Redesign a Character

Redesign a Character
Started by: DarkCrawler

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Smile Redesign a Character

Okay. Me am bored. So this popped in my mind.

So, this MIGHT have been done before, but here is the idea anyway.

You take any character from comics, and redesign their background and other parts, only leaving the basics of character. It's kind of like an Ultimate Universe story.

For example, the Champion of the Universe could be a human on Earth, who seeks to find out and master all the known martial arts in the world. To accomplish this, he has trained himself in physical perfection, and on the same time seeks answers to immortality all over the world to be able to completely know and retain them all, and to have experience that outlasts all the opponents who he could face.

I'm pretty sure that you got the idea.

I'll be posting my idea in some time, but I'll look forward in seeing yours. smile

Old Post Apr 15th, 2006 11:25 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King KAM

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Okay. Me am bored. So this popped in my mind.

So, this MIGHT have been done before, but here is the idea anyway.

You take any character from comics, and redesign their background and other parts, only leaving the basics of character. It's kind of like an Ultimate Universe story.

For example, the Champion of the Universe could be a human on Earth, who seeks to find out and master all the known martial arts in the world. To accomplish this, he has trained himself in physical perfection, and on the same time seeks answers to immortality all over the world to be able to completely know and retain them all, and to have experience that outlasts all the opponents who he could face.

I'm pretty sure that you got the idea.

I'll be posting my idea in some time, but I'll look forward in seeing yours. smile
ive already wrote a comic very similar to this. sorry

Old Post Apr 15th, 2006 11:47 PM
King KAM is currently offline Click here to Send King KAM a Private Message Find more posts by King KAM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Thanos

Initially low level drug dealer in Thessaloniki, Greece named Alexander Stelios. While not a particularly bloodthirsty individual by nature, violence was an inescapable aspect to his life and proportionate to his success in the underworld. Needless to say, Stelios was very successful. Had his life continued along this path and he would have spent the rest of his days as a common crime boss.

This was not to be his fate, however. Success often results only in becoming an object of envy and hatred in the eyes of those who would wish to claim your power as their own. The hit had all the trappings of a professional operation. His rural villa was occupied the day before he was to return from a business trip. The family was held in the living room and Stelios counted at least three assailants for every friendly face. He knew he was dead as soon as he entered the room. The first bullet ripped through his shoulder and soon other parts of his body shared its pain. After the volley that was intended to end his life, his family was released. They predictably ran over to their patriarch to aid him while their sobs and cries covered the sounds of the assassins reloading. Stelios was left as dead buried under the bodies of his entire family.

He lay for days under the decaying mound; the very essence of death saturated his entire being. Whatever was human in him died that day and what was left was frightening to behold. Crawling through what should have been his tomb he swore vengeance on those who did this and life itself. He liquidated all of his assets and spent the next years pursuing the means to enact his vengeance. Through arcane and dark practices he transformed his body to match the power of his hatred and darkness.

Death became his sole concern and those responsible for his fate would be the first to experience the wrath of Thanos. He killed them, their wives, their children, their brothers and sisters, their parents, their friends, their business associates, their neighbors, and even their priests. They would only be the first as he would bring death to the entire world.

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Apr 16th, 2006 12:06 AM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

I'd make Jubilee not have lost her powers and make her the official sidekick of Wolverine rather than unofficial. Sorta like Batman and robin, not Green Arrow and Speedy or Captain America and Bucky. And not the Jason Robin either, either Dick or Tim. You know ... A side kick who lives. Cause yeah I don't want her dead, or gone. but eventually growing up enough to form her own team is fine.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2006 12:44 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

Well, I wouldn't redesign Superman's story, but I would redesign his suit.

Attachment: newsuperman3.jpg
This has been downloaded 187 time(s).

Old Post Apr 16th, 2006 02:29 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

I have a Superman costume I designed a long time ago somewhere... I'll see if I can find it.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2006 02:34 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

I did something like this awhile ago, but seeing as this thread's getting replies and not mine, that's cool.

I'd like to redesign the Martian Manhunter. He's a sweet character, but just looks stupid with his underoos, crisscrossed suspenders and pirate boots. Same with Plastic Man, I just hate his costume--I'd like to see him wear the Eel O'Brien gangster getup he had during the Duel Identities ID fiasco thing.

Not really sure what I'd do with J'onn. Something basic, let him keep the cape, big and loose with the gold chain thing in front. Lose the stupid crisscross red suspenders. Give him pants and redesign his boots a bit. Some sort of pattern on the legs of the pants to make them somewhat distinguishable. And a nifty belt. No more pronounced brow--for a being with an immensely developed brain and super mental powers, he sure does look like a big dumb neanderthal.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2006 03:48 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Femi32
Well, I wouldn't redesign Superman's story, but I would redesign his suit.

That's a very neat design; but it looks more ceremonial.
The Ultimate look preserved his basic elements, but stylized them into a much better, streamlined look.

Attachment: ultimatesuperman2.jpg
This has been downloaded 169 time(s).

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Apr 16th, 2006 06:03 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thundercracker
takin a piss

Originally posted by TheKahn
Thanos

Initially low level drug dealer in Thessaloniki, Greece named Alexander Stelios. While not a particularly bloodthirsty individual by nature, violence was an inescapable aspect to his life and proportionate to his success in the underworld. Needless to say, Stelios was very successful. Had his life continued along this path and he would have spent the rest of his days as a common crime boss.

This was not to be his fate, however. Success often results only in becoming an object of envy and hatred in the eyes of those who would wish to claim your power as their own. The hit had all the trappings of a professional operation. His rural villa was occupied the day before he was to return from a business trip. The family was held in the living room and Stelios counted at least three assailants for every friendly face. He knew he was dead as soon as he entered the room. The first bullet ripped through his shoulder and soon other parts of his body shared its pain. After the volley that was intended to end his life, his family was released. They predictably ran over to their patriarch to aid him while their sobs and cries covered the sounds of the assassins reloading. Stelios was left as dead buried under the bodies of his entire family.

He lay for days under the decaying mound; the very essence of death saturated his entire being. Whatever was human in him died that day and what was left was frightening to behold. Crawling through what should have been his tomb he swore vengeance on those who did this and life itself. He liquidated all of his assets and spent the next years pursuing the means to enact his vengeance. Through arcane and dark practices he transformed his body to match the power of his hatred and darkness.

Death became his sole concern and those responsible for his fate would be the first to experience the wrath of Thanos. He killed them, their wives, their children, their brothers and sisters, their parents, their friends, their business associates, their neighbors, and even their priests. They would only be the first as he would bring death to the entire world.

very cool smile cool

Old Post Apr 16th, 2006 07:53 AM
thundercracker is currently offline Click here to Send thundercracker a Private Message Find more posts by thundercracker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

This thread got me thinking... an Ultimate line of comics in the DC Universe would kick so much ass...

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Apr 16th, 2006 08:09 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

I started an Ultimate Batman thread somewhere. I'll post a link so people can see my ideas...

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Apr 16th, 2006 08:54 AM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Ultimate Batman: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f50/t392278.html

It ties together the pasts of Bruce Wayne and Black Mask and has a bad ass new joker origin... Clayface is more like Ulimate Carnange!

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Apr 16th, 2006 09:02 AM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

Originally posted by roughrider
That's a very neat design; but it looks more ceremonial.
The Ultimate look preserved his basic elements, but stylized them into a much better, streamlined look.

The Ultimate suit is good, but I still like this one better.

Attachment: newsuperman2.jpg
This has been downloaded 140 time(s).

Old Post Apr 16th, 2006 09:25 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Originally posted by TheKahn
Thanos

That's great. eek!

Old Post Apr 16th, 2006 09:42 AM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Okay here's mine.

Batman

Like ours, this Bruce Wayne's parents were gunned down in front of his eyes. But unlike ours, this Bruce Wayne didn't perfect his body and became predator of the night. Instead, he started to perfect his mind in every possible area, and with use of his money and power his money gave to him, he went to politics. He was a smart political opponent, practically undefeatable, and he gained more and more power in the United States. And he finally, after six years of political battles, he rose to the position that everyone wants. He became the President of United States, and swore to make it the safest and more peaceful country in the world.

Using all means available to him, he gained access to most top secret programs of the government. One of them was project nicknamed "Superman". Many years ago, about on the same year when President himself was born, an alien rocket landed on Kansas and killed an married couple when it hit their car. government equipment registered the landing as soon as it happened, and within half a hour from the landing, they were there. They found an human-like alien child inside of the rocket. After many tests, they found out that he was much stronger, faster and durable then humans. The child was kept in special environment where scientists studied his amazing powers - he even could fly. Finally, after five years of constant study, reports deemed that if the child would go rogue, he could potentially destroy the entire humanity. So he was put in stasis.

The President found out about this. For long, he had wanted to have something efficient which would keep his citizens safe from any crimes or other troubles. So, using the genetic material of the alien, scientists cloned numerous clones of him and started to test them. The powers in clones were much weaker then in the original subject, but they still had all the same powers, only to a lesser degree. Their brains were modified with treatments that gave them unquestionable loyalty to the President. The perfect peacekeeping force was created, and since they wore black costumes and cape whose nullified every sound they made, made them radar-invisible and pratically made them melt in shadows so they would be undetectable in dark, they were dubbed "Batmen" by the public.
Now, fifteen years from that, President Wayne is still in power. The people of United States simply do not want to remove him, and the President himself doesn't want to resign either. United States is practically crime-free, with Batmen (there is about half a million of them by now) eliminating every criminal and threat effectivelly. President Wayne has been dubbed "Batman" by the public, since the whole idea of Batmen came from him, and they are directly under his control if he wishes so. The closest associate of the President is his closest friend and bodyguard, Richard Grayson, who just might be the most dangerous man in the world when it comes to fighting (and killing) techniques.

Here, I made Micro Heroes:
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 16th, 2006 11:37 AM
A.J
Restricted

Account Restricted

now thats cool

Sig by Leo.M

Old Post Apr 16th, 2006 12:29 PM
A.J is currently offline Click here to Send A.J a Private Message Find more posts by A.J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Okay here's mine.

Batman

Like ours, this Bruce Wayne's parents were gunned down in front of his eyes. But unlike ours, this Bruce Wayne didn't perfect his body and became predator of the night. Instead, he started to perfect his mind in every possible area, and with use of his money and power his money gave to him, he went to politics. He was a smart political opponent, practically undefeatable, and he gained more and more power in the United States. And he finally, after six years of political battles, he rose to the position that everyone wants. He became the President of United States, and swore to make it the safest and more peaceful country in the world.

Using all means available to him, he gained access to most top secret programs of the government. One of them was project nicknamed "Superman". Many years ago, about on the same year when President himself was born, an alien rocket landed on Kansas and killed an married couple when it hit their car. government equipment registered the landing as soon as it happened, and within half a hour from the landing, they were there. They found an human-like alien child inside of the rocket. After many tests, they found out that he was much stronger, faster and durable then humans. The child was kept in special environment where scientists studied his amazing powers - he even could fly. Finally, after five years of constant study, reports deemed that if the child would go rogue, he could potentially destroy the entire humanity. So he was put in stasis.

The President found out about this. For long, he had wanted to have something efficient which would keep his citizens safe from any crimes or other troubles. So, using the genetic material of the alien, scientists cloned numerous clones of him and started to test them. The powers in clones were much weaker then in the original subject, but they still had all the same powers, only to a lesser degree. Their brains were modified with treatments that gave them unquestionable loyalty to the President. The perfect peacekeeping force was created, and since they wore black costumes and cape whose nullified every sound they made, made them radar-invisible and pratically made them melt in shadows so they would be undetectable in dark, they were dubbed "Batmen" by the public.
Now, fifteen years from that, President Wayne is still in power. The people of United States simply do not want to remove him, and the President himself doesn't want to resign either. United States is practically crime-free, with Batmen (there is about half a million of them by now) eliminating every criminal and threat effectivelly. President Wayne has been dubbed "Batman" by the public, since the whole idea of Batmen came from him, and they are directly under his control if he wishes so. The closest associate of the President is his closest friend and bodyguard, Richard Grayson, who just might be the most dangerous man in the world when it comes to fighting (and killing) techniques.

Here, I made Micro Heroes:
(please log in to view the image)

That's awesome. Good ideas. thumb up

Old Post Apr 16th, 2006 01:57 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A.J
Restricted

Account Restricted

i love the pics with it

Sig by Leo.M

Old Post Apr 16th, 2006 01:58 PM
A.J is currently offline Click here to Send A.J a Private Message Find more posts by A.J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Citizen V.

Yeah DC, good story and good microheroes aswell big grin

Old Post Apr 16th, 2006 01:58 PM
Citizen V. is currently offline Click here to Send Citizen V. a Private Message Find more posts by Citizen V. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

If I could make microheroes, I would try, but... embarrasment

Old Post Apr 16th, 2006 01:59 PM