KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Seven Soldiers.

Seven Soldiers.
Started by: Juntai

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Seven Soldiers.

Hey, number 1 was scheduled to be out today, but I didn't see it.. . . anyone know if it got pushed back, and if so.. to when?

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2006 01:36 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Wasnt this out already a few months ago? Or is it a new series?

Attachment: sszatanna001.jpg
This has been downloaded 85 time(s).

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2006 02:01 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

For your edification, D. Vicious: Seven Soldiers was a Grant Morrison mega-concept/series thing. It had a Prologue Issue #0, then there were seven four-issue mini-series. Now there should be a big book end issue, Seven Soldiers Special #1. I'm guesing, because of all the Crises, One Year Later and 52, they pushed it back so when it comes out, it's a bit more special.

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72905

quote:
SEVEN SOLDIERS #1 TO BE RESOLICITED

Please note that all orders for SEVEN SOLDIERS #1 (FEB060290) have been cancelled. This issue will be resolicited at a later date.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2006 02:06 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Thank god I ask! I only know about it because I thought it was a Zatanna book. Thank god a came upon your very informative post which enlightened me about the very popular and seccesful series that is Seven Soldiers, for that I thank u. big grin

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2006 02:27 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

You're most welcome, gracious sir.

I had erroneously believed it was common knowledge. I suppose that shows the state of the masses nowadays, hmm?

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2006 02:34 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Not really. Im a Marvel fan, i recently started getting into some of the DC stuff but frankly DCs stuff aint that great, most anyways. Well to be fair lately is been getting better specially with their aquisition of better artsts which sadly most of the good ones started or found fame at Marvel.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2006 02:38 AM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

I'm with you. I only recently got into DC with the Crisis and One Year Later stuff.

I didn't really like Infinite Crisis, it was good, but as a rule I don't find big ultra-cosmic reality altering stuff interesting. Cosmic stuff in the vein of Annihilation of Seven Soldiers I enjoy though, just not reboot button Crises-esque events.

The outcome's been enjoyable though with One Year Later providing a great hop-aboard point for just about every title. Some writers I follow just on general principle that their stuff is always enjoyable, which is why I read and knew about Seven Soldiers, Morrison just about always spins an interesting yarn--although there were a couple stinkers in the Seven Soldiers batch. And Gail Simone's been ripping it up with Birds of Prey and Villains United/Secret Six.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2006 03:53 AM
Mider

are they gonna do something with darkseid and the ALE

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2006 03:57 AM
Mider is currently offline Click here to Send Mider a Private Message Find more posts by Mider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

He might touch upon it, but a lot of what Morrison did was reimagine and invigorate flagging properties. I think most of the One shot will deal with the Sheeda.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2006 04:08 AM
Mider

yeah great darkseid jobbing to superman for another 20 years YAY tries not to vomit

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2006 04:33 AM
Mider is currently offline Click here to Send Mider a Private Message Find more posts by Mider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
I'm with you. I only recently got into DC with the Crisis and One Year Later stuff.

I didn't really like Infinite Crisis, it was good, but as a rule I don't find big ultra-cosmic reality altering stuff interesting. Cosmic stuff in the vein of Annihilation of Seven Soldiers I enjoy though, just not reboot button Crises-esque events.

The outcome's been enjoyable though with One Year Later providing a great hop-aboard point for just about every title. Some writers I follow just on general principle that their stuff is always enjoyable, which is why I read and knew about Seven Soldiers, Morrison just about always spins an interesting yarn--although there were a couple stinkers in the Seven Soldiers batch. And Gail Simone's been ripping it up with Birds of Prey and Villains United/Secret Six.

I started getting into DC stuff with Batman:Hush, Green Lantern Rebirth but specially Identity Crisis which was more of a localised event, I thought Infinite Crisis was going to be like it but they made it into a cosmic event which ruin it for me. I thin he recent 52 event is just "ok" but i feel that is a way to get more money outta readers. Thank god for torrents, big grin.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2006 03:45 PM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

If it wasn't for torrents I wouldn't be reading 52. But Booster Gold's one of my favorite characters, I don't know why, and Black Adam is badass.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2006 06:31 PM
Darth Vicious

If it wasn't for torrents I wouldn't be reading 52. But Booster Gold's one of my favorite characters, I don't know why, and Black Adam is badass.
roll eyes (sarcastic) big grin Me too. Im only following 52 through torrents. I dont like Booster Gold, he is an opportunist. I thought he was gonna get a chance to become a real super heroe but instead he is taking everyone for fools. It should be interesting whene everything gets reveal, IF it gets reveal. Black Adam is a badass, he reminds me of Namor.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2006 10:13 PM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

I don't mind that Booster's a lecherous bastard, it's kind of interesting, something else besides the morally upstanding superheroics we see all the time.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 02:02 AM
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

I havn't read it all yet , but its still up there with other Morisson works. What is the other book that Simon is doing at the moment ? smile

The artist formely known as 'Sidekick of the JLAKMC' .... Whirly R.I.P. The JLA Kmc will live on without you.Thanks S.S for the sig.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2006 07:54 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Vicious
roll eyes (sarcastic) big grin Me too. Im only following 52 through torrents. I dont like Booster Gold, he is an opportunist. I thought he was gonna get a chance to become a real super heroe but instead he is taking everyone for fools. It should be interesting whene everything gets reveal, IF it gets reveal. Black Adam is a badass, he reminds me of Namor.

Indeed, although i beleive he's more dangerous than Namor. A 52 esque marvel book, featuring its more creative writers and less known characters would work really well. smile

The artist formely known as 'Sidekick of the JLAKMC' .... Whirly R.I.P. The JLA Kmc will live on without you.Thanks S.S for the sig.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2006 07:58 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Simone is currently writing the Secret Six mini-series, and will be working on the upcoming Atom series.

I don't know about a Marvel 52, I think people would point fingers, saying Marvel is ripping DC off, which at that point, they honestly would be.

I'd like to see a return of Marvel Comics Presents or something, and if they had rotating creators and whatnot, they could make it bi-monthly or something.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2006 08:07 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Is Frankenstein in it ?

Old Post Jun 25th, 2006 08:17 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
A 52 esque marvel book, featuring its more creative writers and less known characters would work really well. smile

Actually no, it wouldnt be a good idea, Specially for collectors. I dont mind a big storyline that runs through the summer and maybe the fall but one that runs all year is pushing it and punishing ones pocket. When Identity Crisis came out, I loved it, 7 issues, not that many tie-ins and a conclussive finish, then comes Infinite Crisis which I was awaiting and honestly I thought it was gonna follow Identities formula but Noooo. They made a bunch of tie-ins, a bunch of mini-series, a non conclussive ending, After-Crisis one shots and the frosting on the cake, 52. Isnt that too much? Specially since I dont think Infinite Crisis was that good.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2006 11:52 PM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

That's why I think a Marvel Premiere type book would work better (although we sort of have it in the current Marvel Team-Up). No huge overarching storyline running for 52 issues. Sometimes threads would be left and answered later, but nothing that required you to buy everything. A few issues would be devoted to what Cloak and Dagger have been up to recently, then the most recent exploits of Maximus the Mad against his brother Black Bolt, flash to Wonderman in Hollywood, etc. They would be self contained, except for the single tapestry of being set in the Marvel U, so sometimes events would effect one another, but if you didn't like Character X, well not buying the issues with him in it wouldn't hamper your enjoyment of the title overall.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 12:17 AM